Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Melbourne is officially ending daily covid press conferences that have been happening every day for 1-2 hours 7 days per week since March 2020 when we had any cases. This is like when ur fav tv show announces it's over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Marzzle posted:

is there a constantly burning pilot light or something in your house?

we’ll see after I’m done cooking dinner on a gas stove/oven

it’s also next to a ton of snake plants so I’m gonna give it a day and see

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

SpaceCadetBob posted:

is your air quality monitor a pure co2 reader or one that measures a few different things and makes a combination number?

combo maybe it’s the stove…I can track trends with it so I’ll just see

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

sonatinas posted:

lol turned on co2 meter and my living area is 1500ppm which apparently isn’t well ventilated but no shot it’s a 1920s house. I’ll get readings over night and add another air purifiers to see if it moves it

Weird. A wood-framed house from the 20s should leak like a sieve.

Marzzle posted:

is there a constantly burning pilot light or something in your house?

Ah, right.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Nocturtle posted:

Was feeling increasingly silly about not being a booster bandit given the ever more frequent reports of waning vaccine immunity at ~6 months, but honestly didn't think I'd be able to pull-off the Max Titres procedure due to being a terrible liar. However it was definitely good to know it was an option if for some reason the legitimate boosters were delayed or not authorized, so thanks to the people itt that posted about their experiences going that route.

:same:

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1454167625739771910

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Melbourne is officially ending daily covid press conferences that have been happening every day for 1-2 hours 7 days per week since March 2020 when we had any cases. This is like when ur fav tv show announces it's over.
COVID IS ... CANCELED

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/HelenBranswell/status/1454112897081253888

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

:sickos:
can't wait to power level my kids titers

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

time for people to learn how to raise baby alligators.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/SCOTUSblog/status/1454203032770596869

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

sonatinas posted:

lol turned on co2 meter and my living area is 1500ppm which apparently isn’t well ventilated but no shot it’s a 1920s house. I’ll get readings over night and add another air purifiers to see if it moves it

Have you used the co2 meter before or is it fresh out of the box? It may be pretty hit or miss and he happened to get a miss unit, but when I was looking at them I found this video where the guy tests one against a more "proper" unit and it's pretty far off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTjl4gm5Nzc

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Forseti posted:

Have you used the co2 meter before or is it fresh out of the box? It may be pretty hit or miss and he happened to get a miss unit, but when I was looking at them I found this video where the guy tests one against a more "proper" unit and it's pretty far off.

loving the Minesweeper-rear end looking interface

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Cat status:

Not hanging out in the bathroom like a pervert like she was yesterday.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

“Dr. Kawsar Talaat of Johns Hopkins University” posted:

With this vaccine kids can go back to something that’s better than being locked at home on remote schooling, not being able to see their friends.

:rubby:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I heard several people at work talking about how great it is to go home now that we're back in the office.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
almost as if human beings crave some semblance of balance

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

sonatinas posted:

CO2 is just as proxy for ventilation it's not directly related to covid/removed by purifiers. If you're purifying you're not going to see it move but if you had a magic covid meter you'd see ronis go down

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Forseti posted:

Are there any thread recommended CO2 meters

As is being pointed out, $34 Amazon CO2 meters seem sketch as gently caress. I tried finding some that were NIST certified for under $500 but not having a lot of luck even finding any NIST certified CO2 meters at all

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

In response to the surge the Danish government is reintroducing...

...rapid tests.

There's an election 'round the corner

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Hadlock posted:

As is being pointed out, $34 Amazon CO2 meters seem sketch as gently caress. I tried finding some that were NIST certified for under $500 but not having a lot of luck even finding any NIST certified CO2 meters at all

No idea, I only briefly looked when I was ordering some other stuff from AliExpress and spotted them. I decided that they were questionable enough that I'd just wait for someone to find which ones, if any, are any good.

It's possible that they do give you what you need and are just all over the place in build quality or incorrectly implement the reference circuit and could be corrected by someone knowledgeable about them, but that's not me unfortunately.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
Anyone in Snohomish / King county, SVNA just released a bunch of new Moderna booster slots in Bothell.

https://www.seattlevna.com/

It's a drive through too, so a great option if you're frightened like me.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Oxygen meters are easy because they self calibrate, Earth's atmosphere is very reliably 21% oxygen so just powering it on, generally it'll work great

I wonder if some of the bad readings are just calibration issues. I have no idea how you'd calibrate a CO2 meter. Maybe in a box with a CO2 cartridge?

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
https://twitter.com/oldhossradbourn/status/1454181000729272328?s=24

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Hadlock posted:

Oxygen meters are easy because they self calibrate, Earth's atmosphere is very reliably 21% oxygen so just powering it on, generally it'll work great

I wonder if some of the bad readings are just calibration issues. I have no idea how you'd calibrate a CO2 meter. Maybe in a box with a CO2 cartridge?

you'd calibrate like any other particulate meter by using a standardized chamber (controlling for temp and humidity) and a standard flow of O2 and CO2.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Kind of a pain in the rear end for a consumer who wants to pull it out and power it on in the subway and do a quick reading

How long is the calibration useful for a citizen scientist, does it persist between power cycles

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.

Hadlock posted:

Zantie posted:

I use what I saw a bunch of scientists on Twitter using: Aranet4

I actually got it off Amazon at full price but the link it supposedly a coupon for $40 off. No idea if the coupon still works.

[Edit] It works great straight out of the box, no calibration needed, and app lets you view a log of up to 7-days so you can leave it somewhere and check it later too.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Hadlock posted:

Kind of a pain in the rear end for a consumer who wants to pull it out and power it on in the subway and do a quick reading

How long is the calibration useful for a citizen scientist, does it persist between power cycles

calibrations for devices like this are typically good for a year depending on the tolerance it's calibrated for (A, AA, etc) and how it's used.

I presume most of the sub-$100 models are not calibrated and if they are it's at something like +/- 20% of reading

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

you'd calibrate like any other particulate meter by using a standardized chamber (controlling for temp and humidity) and a standard flow of O2 and CO2.

For the most part you could calibrate by leaving it outside for an hour or something like that. Outside is usually between 400-450 ppm for CO2. Aranet 4 ships calibrated and while it has a manual calibration option, they recommend against doing on your own under most circumstances.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I kinda wonder which will be more deadly this winter: Covid or Bird Flu?

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Who cares? Biden saw the pope. Kamals in Virgina. COVID is BORING and OVER

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mr. Pizza posted:

Who cares? Biden saw the pope. Kamals in Virgina. COVID is BORING and OVER

I seem to regularly forget that Copmala exists, which machinations is she up to now?

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I presume most of the sub-$100 models are not calibrated and if they are it's at something like +/- 20% of reading

Seconding this. I held off buying a CO2 meter for like a year cause I didn't trust any of those type and dropped the search in preference to researching masks back when they were still hard to source. Now with plenty of masks I'm back on the CO2 train cause everything's in person with non-sterilizing vaccines that people seem to think is fine.

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
Got my booster today, got briefly worried when the pharmacist asked how I qualified but she took being :btroll: as enough and I got my jab.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

I’m gonna reset the sensors and calibrate near a window per the units instructions

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

I seem to regularly forget that Copmala exists, which machinations is she up to now?

Desperately avoiding bad press ahead of announcing her 2024 presidential bid

Whatever you do, do not ask her about the border crisis, she will fold her body out of this dimension and reappear elsewhere 6 weeks in the future

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

campaigning for McAulife in VA for gov election coming soon, I think.

I turned on CNN for the first time in six months and had it on for like 90 mins and not a word about COVID, confirming that it is indeed over

Grabnar
Nov 24, 2017

Hadlock posted:

Desperately avoiding bad press ahead of announcing her 2024 presidential bid

Whatever you do, do not ask her about the border crisis, she will fold her body out of this dimension and reappear elsewhere 6 weeks in the future

Can't wait for the K-Hive to re-awaken to become the dominant political force in the nation, outpacing the religious right in their fervor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mr. Pizza posted:

campaigning for McAulife in VA for gov election coming soon, I think.

I turned on CNN for the first time in six months and had it on for like 90 mins and not a word about COVID, confirming that it is indeed over

Good to know that my parents will be campaigning for me to come for Christmas now that COVID is over