Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Is it worth even starting a new thread? This one is only 8 pages long.

Iowa State is predicted to finish last in the Big 12. Not surprising since they were terrible last year and now have a new coach. Since we can only go up from here, I'll say I'd be happy if they managed to get to 8th and maybe get into the NIT. I don't really pay attention to the off-season though, so I don't know what everyone else will be like. Just hope we're less embarrassing than the last couple of years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I'd say keep using this one unless someone wants to put together an actual first post - there's only like 20 of us that post at this point

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I continue to read, though I don't post because lol at following Louisiana basketball.

Kibner fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 9, 2021

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I am planning for a significant increase in Purdue Screaming™ this season

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the might Northwestern Wild Cat takes on hated rival Eastern Illinois in this In-State Classic

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

KU Michigan State at 4 in the afternoon on a Tuesday sure is somethin

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Purdue is going to red-shirt Trey Kaufman-Renn. He's a top 50 recruit, had a slight injury over the summer but played in all the scrimmages and last week's exhibition game. You don't see many guys like that taking a red-shirt year.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Ungratek posted:

I'd say keep using this one unless someone wants to put together an actual first post - there's only like 20 of us that post at this point

Fair enough though should we make a season long GDT and keep this N/V or just gently caress it and keep one thread? Not sure how people feel about game posting in here.

Asking thread consensus I guess.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Lol new IU coaching staff gonna lose at home to eastern Michigan

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Akron :negative:

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
mizzou looks terrible against central michigan so far lol

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
just came in during halftime, kansas offense looks okay, but struggling to defend the perimeter

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol the game's not even on TV.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
https://twitter.com/JimPolzinWSJ/status/1458242192137498632

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

This is the most fun I've had watching this team since the pandemic-shortened season. KU kinda rules.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

KU has a 25 and a 24 year old.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

your average big ten has three thirty year olds on them

who's the annual purdue or iowa or wisconsin player that's been there for six years in 2021?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
give Purdue the national title now

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Probably Magic posted:

your average big ten has three thirty year olds on them

who's the annual purdue or iowa or wisconsin player that's been there for six years in 2021?

Brad Davison babeee, only player on the team to want to go to King Street bars!

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
mizzou was up like 20 and now it's a 7 point game. the more things change, the more they stay the same

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
gently caress Duke.

This season long Coach K retirement slobberfest is already insufferable and the game is only just tipping off.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
gently caress a Blue Devil gently caress a Zrzrzryyzzyyrewzzerskezie.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Clones beat Kennesaw State in not super dominant fashion. Game took forever with a lot of fouls. The play Oregon State Friday which will probably tell how the Clones are going to be this year.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

Fair enough though should we make a season long GDT and keep this N/V or just gently caress it and keep one thread? Not sure how people feel about game posting in here.

Asking thread consensus I guess.
I agree a GDT should be its own thing but yeah this thread seems fine to keep using as N/V.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
UVA’s about to lose to Navy. Very much a rebuilding year, any preseason rank was name value alone.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

elentar posted:

UVA’s about to lose to Navy. Very much a rebuilding year, any preseason rank was name value alone.

Gonna be a long year. Worst backcourt we’ve had in years.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
I know you win games by playing better and you don't lose them because of bad officiating, but the Coach K Farewell Tour is in full loving force. Body players in the air, set moving screens like you're in a Travis Scott crowd crush, no call. Hand touches a white jersey, two shots.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Also gently caress Duke.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I hate losing to Duke. Showed some fight to cut a big lead late but just not enough to close it out. Missed too many shots especially in the first half, and Duke's freshman are drat good. Oscar Tshiebwe is a rebounding machine. Kentucky is a good but not great team right now, but they always seem to get better as the season goes on. I'll take a rematch in April.

Chief McHeath posted:

Also gently caress Duke.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1458304982424371202

LETS GO HUSKIES

https://twitter.com/JamesCrepea/status/1458329796681682946

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Pac12 is gonna be really top heavy this year.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

gently caress yea Huskies! MAC had a good night. NIU and Miami won over P5 teams, and Akron almost upset OSU.

E: I didn't watch much of the Iowa State game last night, but the box score says there were 57 fouls and 46 turnovers. WTF?

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Nov 10, 2021

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
NC State’s best player, Manny Bates, Will apparently need shoulder surgery that will effectively end not just his season but also the team’s. Bigger worry is it may end his career. loving cursed program. https://twitter.com/giglio_og/status/1458496203897937927?s=21

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I'm a little late to this but gently caress the NCAA go pokes

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/kenpomeroy/status/1458501753888935938?s=21

there’s more to the short thread but upshot is the college game is verging closer to international ball and would probably be better for it

elentar fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 10, 2021

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Hokies looked good opening night. Team moves the ball incredibly well on O, and shot 42% from 3 overall. Could be a very fun year, can't wait to see em take on St Bonaventure in Charlotte.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I went and made a GDT so we can keep the two separate. Post about your games here. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3984464

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Georgia Tech lost to Miami O.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

The ACC as a whole this year might be the worst it has been since I can remember. Which doubly sucks because probably Duke is just going to storm through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Not a ton to take away from Auburn's opener against Morehead State but no red flags; Jabari Smith and all the transfer guards seemed like they lived up to expectations. Walker Kessler is going to destroy some fools like why the gently caress did UNC let him get away. Still might be like a fifth-place team in a nightmare SEC but has all the piece to go deep. Once Allen Flanigan comes back in a month or two they'll be rotating 10 or 11 with no real weak links.