Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr.Donkeypunch
Sep 8, 2003

Ask me about ironing shirts.
Grimey Drawer
I absolutely cannot wait to watch Big 12 basketball this year. Jayhawks looked pretty drat fantastic in their opener, Remy Martin is going to be so fun this year.

Definitely excited for the tournaments thanksgiving week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Here's how Arizona State just lost to UC Riverside:

https://twitter.com/NCAABuzzerBters/status/1459001192265117699?t=VAVJy_iOdxuMPjqSmJJLpA&s=19

https://twitter.com/DougHaller/status/1459000839196921857?t=nqS7vc66FjRKKKJpZOvL2A&s=19

BASKETBALL

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Seattle U's basketball coach forced out, apparently due to "is a huge racist"

https://twitter.com/aaronnettles10/status/1459030472147681282?t=bGjqQZpVJJt_XLI6NPzVQA&s=19

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I agree a GDT should be its own thing but yeah this thread seems fine to keep using as N/V.

i deliberately future proofed the thread. it’s evergreen

shirts and skins posted:

Seattle U's basketball coach forced out, apparently due to "is a huge racist"

https://twitter.com/aaronnettles10/status/1459030472147681282?t=bGjqQZpVJJt_XLI6NPzVQA&s=19

Just Can’t Stop Doing Racism

like of all the professions to be racist in you’d think someone in charge of molding young mostly black minds and who has to recruit them every year you’d be a little more in touch than to say something bad enough that you get fired, whatever it was

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I was expecting a post from KJI complaining about Geo Baker heroball.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Tennessee basketball: still undefeated

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Nova and UCLA in a very late game tonight. Could be fun.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky beat Robert Morris 100-60. Oscar Tshiebwe had his second 20 rebound game. 40 total on the year, 22 of those are offensive rebounds. Also two double-doubles in two games. That's pretty good.

Also, :lol:uisville

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

mcmagic posted:

I was expecting a post from KJI complaining about Geo Baker heroball.

Geo Baker heroball only works against Purdue

Him and Trent Frazier can gently caress off anytime now

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Purdue ain't going to lose too many games this year

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
UCLA v Nova game was fuckin sick in person. Shame it was so late on the east coast, it really felt like a tourney game. I do think UCLA puts them away a bit easier in regulation if Riley was healthy. Johnson played admirably but his presence was a much better match up for Nova on both offense and defense.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern easily defeats something called "high point university"

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Cyclones have won two games already. They only won two games all season last year. Glad to see ISU not completely sucking.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
not even sure where to start with this https://twitter.com/marchmadness/status/1459551637257793547?s=20

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

what's the spread?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Cyclones have won two games already. They only won two games all season last year. Glad to see ISU not completely sucking.

hmm no

also EAT poo poo, PITT

further: georgetown, is as of this posting, down 11 late to dartmouth

i love this stupod sport

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
The Ivy is racking up some pretty good results so far but yeah Dartmouth is not one of the ones you can just about stomach losing to.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I just saw High Point Univeraity is coached by Tubby Smith and has Eddie House's kid on the team.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

elentar posted:

NC State’s best player, Manny Bates, Will apparently need shoulder surgery that will effectively end not just his season but also the team’s. Bigger worry is it may end his career. loving cursed program. https://twitter.com/giglio_og/status/1458496203897937927?s=21

State barely squeaked by (admittedly very good) Colgate and without Bates I can’t foresee them doing well in the ACC at all. It’s going to be a long season.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Let's check in on Texas

https://twitter.com/BrennaGreene_/status/1459737521366044675?t=ENtjFWZFZM5mnQ16fBatJg&s=19

Hmmm.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Texas didn’t have a good day yesterday. Gonzaga looking like they’re going to roll over everyone again this year.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

hey it turns out having the program's highest-rated recruit ever is sick as gently caress
https://twitter.com/AuburnMBB/status/1459349299746074627

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

oh in the end Michigan beat Prairie View A&M—a pretty good team by SWAC standards!—by 28 in the Coaches vs. Racism game, racism may never recover

(also in the meantime they took down the tweet, :lol:)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
What was the gist of the tweet? It was gone pretty fast after you posted it

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Poque posted:

What was the gist of the tweet? It was gone pretty fast after you posted it

It was just a graphic promoting the game that made it look like Michigan represented "coaches" and PVAMU represented "racism"

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

this was it, in addition to what HoS said the wider aim of "being about more than basketball" to demonstrate how HCBUs have been undercut in the nightmare that is US education resourcing, but showing that by essentially having a very rich, well-capitalized flagship university beat the poo poo out of a rural, underfunded ag school in basically a glorified guarantee game is maybe not the best demonstration when instead you could just redistribute revenues more equitably

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee is gonna be real good this year. Kennedy Chandler looks like the real deal. I’m looking forward to seeing what they can do against Villanova and maybe Purdue for some payback

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/1460611452948070404

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

are you prepared to get "piped up" by auburn basketball

the auburn observer posted:

“Man, there’s a word we’ve got — we call it piped up,” Smith said after the game. “It’s something that us kids use nowadays. When we see highlight plays like that, it just brings electricity and that energy we need on the bench. It just gets us more physical.”

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou is officially in a lame duck season as I think the game is now just waiting for Cuonzo Martin's buyout to decrease to an acceptable level. Maybe the next hire will actually be a promising young mid-major coach instead of a DII True Son® or a guy who bounced around high majors and never did anything of note other than be a Good Guy Who Likes Defense

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/GaryParrishCBS/status/1460714826699841539

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Mike_V posted:

Mizzou is officially in a lame duck season as I think the game is now just waiting for Cuonzo Martin's buyout to decrease to an acceptable level. Maybe the next hire will actually be a promising young mid-major coach instead of a DII True Son® or a guy who bounced around high majors and never did anything of note other than be a Good Guy Who Likes Defense

I want it to be kim english so bad

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Man, if the A-10 wasn’t enough of a meat grinder

(Also I would want Kimmie to come back home but this year at Mason is his first as a head coach. Horrible timing for Mizzou wanting to hire a legend, and really he may be the wrong man for the job—I think they need to go with a guy willing to play as dirty as possible to get recruits. Tigerboard really wants to hire Gregg Marshall but then again their ideal football coach is Kirk Ferentz.)

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Quite an ascent for Loyola from non-D1 in 2001 to today but I guess it was inevitable that at some point this century the city of Chicago would have a good college team.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Troy Queef posted:

Man, if the A-10 wasn’t enough of a meat grinder

(Also I would want Kimmie to come back home but this year at Mason is his first as a head coach. Horrible timing for Mizzou wanting to hire a legend, and really he may be the wrong man for the job—I think they need to go with a guy willing to play as dirty as possible to get recruits. Tigerboard really wants to hire Gregg Marshall but then again their ideal football coach is Kirk Ferentz.)

I don't care who they hire as long as it's somebody who can/is willing to recruit loving shooters. The only guy that can reliably hit shots from long range has been Kassius Robertson and he was a transfer (Mark Smith could for a season but then I guess Cuonzo ball hosed him up).

Am I wrong in thinking that Mizzou landing a guy who is in the Top 100 (Aidan Shaw, who barely cracked it) shouldn't be headline news? Rock M Nation seems to try their best to pump up any recruit Mizzou gets and they always seem like nobodies whose list of offers are like Miami (Ohio), Austin Peay, UMKC, and Illinois State.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
SUCK IT, NBA

https://twitter.com/DanielDash_/status/1460761231854292993?t=evOkUAxgPXEVIPDhkBhzoA&s=19

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

He got paid!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Is Loyola moving a good idea for them? A-10 is a tougher conference, but at least this way you’re not totally dependent on winning the MVC tournament.

It’s also a lot more travel. MVC only covers a few midwestern states. A-10 is going to be a lot of flying to the east coast.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 17, 2021

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

elentar posted:

Quite an ascent for Loyola from non-D1 in 2001 to today but I guess it was inevitable that at some point this century the city of Chicago would have a good college team.

Loyola Chicago has always been D1, they won a national title in the 60s. Before the MVC they were in the MCC / Horizon League with teams like Xavier and Butler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bird in a Blender posted:

Is Loyola moving a good idea for them? A-10 is a tougher conference, but at least this way you’re not totally dependent on winning the MVC tournament.

It’s also a lot more travel. MVC only covers a few midwestern states. A-10 is going to be a lot of flying to the east coast.

Saint Louis has managed for years somehow. I'm sure they're happy to have neighbors.