Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Its allegedly Distant Dreamer by Duffy]

hatty fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I think it's fine to talked about leaked things, but yeah using spoiler tags for people who wanna be surprised by it would be good.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Meh, don't care for it to be honest. Still holding out hope for some Johnny Cash at some point.

Feels weird not having more jojolion to read. I am glad it is over but I am still unsatisfied with how it ended and I feel like it ended just as things were taking a turn for the interesting. It's a really hollow feeling. Get a feeling so complicated.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Jojolion should have been post-reset universe battle tendency

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
In a lot of ways, it was

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if that supposed leaked ED song is true then it's a dope choice. going with tradition it was something literally no one would have guessed, but it works.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I agree. It’s perfect.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Battle Tendency was already perfect so it's fine.

Though everyone wants more Pillarmen.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

We had the better alternative with Beetle Tendency.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Both part 2 and 8 end with joseph running away from a rockman and moving to america where he gets successful and has a bastard child

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Johnny Joestar posted:

if that supposed leaked ED song is true then it's a dope choice. going with tradition it was something literally no one would have guessed, but it works.
I'm betting that it plays as the universe resets

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://twitter.com/jojo_wiki/status/1457555864563367936

For those not familiar, she's from the band that did the Highschool Of The Dead opening

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Quoting from the anime thread

multijoe posted:

Look those image macros all say Friday, not 'every 2 or 3 days', we can hardly change it now

Friday happening every 2-3 days or Friday existing as a singularity for episode releases is bizarrely on point for Stone Ocean 🌈

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Oof. That ED choice is a perfect heartbreaker if true.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Glad that trailers didn't show Pucci or DIO (even though the latter is most likely going to appear in the first batch). It would be so easy to show DIO just to build more hype

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So how far does the story get by episode 12?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

RatHat posted:

Assuming it's a 39 episode season that's got to be around the time Jotaro gets ganked and DISC'd I think?

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

RatHat posted:

Possibly up to just right after Jumpin Jack Flash based on the clips shown

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Meh, don't care for it to be honest. Still holding out hope for some Johnny Cash at some point.

Feels weird not having more jojolion to read. I am glad it is over but I am still unsatisfied with how it ended and I feel like it ended just as things were taking a turn for the interesting. It's a really hollow feeling. Get a feeling so complicated.

I wish we got an actual final showdown instead of automatic stand chase #34

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The second to last confrontation was against some weird bug, its kinda funny

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ob la de
Ob la da
Fight goes on, brah
Na na na na, fight goes on

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

Ob la de
Ob la da
Fight goes on, brah
Na na na na, fight goes on
Lowtax dead, Scolippi said so

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

lowtax died before he could get to watch the stone ocean anime

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

hatty posted:

The second to last confrontation was against some weird bug, its kinda funny
The fact we didn't get a bug named Ski-Ba-Bop-Ba-Dop-Bop is a true travesty.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

TheLoneStar posted:

That was the guardrail

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

TheLoneStar posted:

"Scatman" is just BEGGING to be a name for a stand if it isn't one already

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
「Scatman's World」

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

just 「Scatman」 is probably good enough

I'd love to see Araki make a stand with poo poo powers

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
From what was leaked, ep 12 seems to be Torrential Downpour Warning

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Vookatos posted:

From what was leaked, ep 12 seems to be Torrential Downpour Warning

:sickos:

Can't wait to see Pucci's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

multijoe posted:

Assuming it's a 39 episode season that's got to be around the time Jotaro gets ganked and DISC'd I think?

Nah. That is quite soon in the story. The third arc, after Jolyne first days of prison and Goo Goo Dolls

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Over in the anime thread someone said they think part 5's train fight is the best stand fight in the franchise and I think they might be right? There's a handful I'd argue you could put above it (Sugar Mountain/Tattoo You, California King Bed, Vitamin C, Civil war)

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It's definitely in the top 5. It's really endemic of Part 5 which has some of the best Monster Of The Week fights (Beach Boy/Grateful Dead, White Album, Green Day/Oasis, Metallica) but with probably the worst overarching story.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Yeah I feel like 3, 5, and 8 are kinda similar in that regard. Really really really good fights in those parts, but the overarching story isn't amazing and not every fight is great

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Yeah, I don't think I'll ever approach VA again but the train fight is bar none the best Enemy Stand User(s) of The Week Araki ever did, that's just a brilliant arc all-round

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Still think my favorite arc is probably either Highway Star or Sugar Mountain, but the train is up there

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

For me it's the Metallica fight, at least for Part 5. Doppio's Stand having basically zero combative abilities really made for an interesting battle.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Sticky Fingers is probably the best protagonist stand in the series as well. It has a very clearly designed powerset: "Puts zippers on things. You can now unzip those things."
And Araki uses that ruleset in all sorts of interesting ways that don't violate the core ruleset, nor add anything else to it (that I remember, at least?)
A lot of protag stands don't really get used consistently, or cleverly, let alone consistently cleverly.
( Josuke and his fixing powers is definitely a close second for all the wacky bullshit he pulls with it (he fixed the spaghetti) )

And the train fight is just a shining example of Bruno repeatedly using zippers in cool ways that never violate the ruleset, do any asspulls, rely on dumb plot luck, etc

It's beautiful, and Zipper Man is the best stand (and coolest looking) (and Bruno is very handsome)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Using the zipper underground was pretty weird to see animated