Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Manatee Cannon posted:

this series has been getting extremely hxh and I'm into it

I'm really into this

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/231/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-164?2021-11-05

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Phoenix Wright in Marvel vs Capcom 3 all over again.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

This is entirely my poo poo and I love it.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
drat I hope this guy won't kick the bucket. Please Yuuji find a pacifist way to handle him

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Yuji will simply normal punch him, to death

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh gently caress this is incredible

also my boy itadori finally using his brain. way to go

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 5, 2021

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Oh no, Itadori is only as strong as an Itadori without cursed energy!

Which is to say stronger than like 99.9999% of things that exist in the world.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

This feels like a return to form for Gege. Wasn't feeling the last mini-arc with the Zenin massacre and the leadup to Tenzen was also a bit lukewarm. But murder prosecutor is 100% my jam and I hope he sticks around long enough to drop a massive Gavel on someone.

Also neat look into the history of domain expansions. I take it there were a lot of gimmicky ones in play in the past like the Judgeman one but people thought that was lame when you could just throw infinite [insert element/object here]. But I wonder if Megumi's counts as an old school Domain Expansion since chimera playground doesn't seem to have a sure-kill attack but rather just augments his already present ability to summon shikigami + shadow travel

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

This feels like a return to form for Gege. Wasn't feeling the last mini-arc with the Zenin massacre and the leadup to Tenzen was also a bit lukewarm. But murder prosecutor is 100% my jam and I hope he sticks around long enough to drop a massive Gavel on someone.

Also neat look into the history of domain expansions. I take it there were a lot of gimmicky ones in play in the past like the Judgeman one but people thought that was lame when you could just throw infinite [insert element/object here]. But I wonder if Megumi's counts as an old school Domain Expansion since chimera playground doesn't seem to have a sure-kill attack but rather just augments his already present ability to summon shikigami + shadow travel

Megumi stated his was incomplete as it does not even have the sure-hit let alone sure kill

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Official Translation is out.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-164/chapter/23493?action=read

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

This guy rules

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Megumi stated his was incomplete as it does not even have the sure-hit let alone sure kill

remembering that let me rephrase my point. Meguro's DE as it is now isn't up to modern standards but I don't think that's to his detriment since he really doesn't need one given his current capabilities. Best case a sure-hit attack would just be like Dagon's, overwhelming his opponent with sheer number of shikigami. But Dagon's DE didn't do much else besides double as a beach resort for his crew. Megumi's DE by lacking a sure kill might still provide him the flexibility to enforce interesting rules like "stepping on shadows acts as sink holes for both parties" and he can create more terrain advantage instead of devoting effort to ensuring his attacks always land. He already dabbed on a special grade curse with just his "incomplete" DE.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

remembering that let me rephrase my point. Meguro's DE as it is now isn't up to modern standards but I don't think that's to his detriment since he really doesn't need one given his current capabilities. Best case a sure-hit attack would just be like Dagon's, overwhelming his opponent with sheer number of shikigami. But Dagon's DE didn't do much else besides double as a beach resort for his crew. Megumi's DE by lacking a sure kill might still provide him the flexibility to enforce interesting rules like "stepping on shadows acts as sink holes for both parties" and he can create more terrain advantage instead of devoting effort to ensuring his attacks always land. He already dabbed on a special grade curse with just his "incomplete" DE.

Dagon's Domain also just provided a passive boost to his abilities. Along with allowing him to summon stupid numbers of Shikigami swarms. The Sure-hit made it dangerous as the Shikigami did not exist until they already tore chunks out of you. Still you are correct that Megumi's incomplete domain is still useful, as it serves as a domain defense and turns off the sure-hit of other Domains, along with the extra Shikigami summons. Though it was not his domain alone that let him beat the Fingerbearer. He faked his death by hiding in the shadows and deactivating his domain, before having Divine Dog Totality stab it because it was offguard. (Knowing the attack would work, cause it worked on Hanami an even stronger Special Grade.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Patware posted:

This guy rules

He reminds me of Nanami a bit.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

MonsterEnvy posted:

He reminds me of Nanami a bit.

He has the same tired salaryman, I'm done with this poo poo vibe.

I really like this new style of domain expansion, it's really HxH-like and it will probably lead to more interesting fights.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Scallop Eyes posted:

He has the same tired salaryman, I'm done with this poo poo vibe.

I really like this new style of domain expansion, it's really HxH-like and it will probably lead to more interesting fights.

Though it’s technically old style.

I do like it, and it makes sense that the current lethal version as an evolution of the non lethal.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
We've been getting a pretty steady stream of minor antagonists these past few chapters and all of them have been loving stellar. Judgman having a mini court session and judging you for past crimes is a lot more fun than just weighing sins. And I like that we're getting to see more of Yuji's past and how he was a good kid but wasn't a good kid. Sometimes you wanna break the rules a lil!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/247/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-165?2021-11-12

:ohdear:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Oh poo poo

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Guessing Higuruma will actually defend Yuji here and say that Sukuna was the killer, not him.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RatHat posted:

Guessing Higuruma will actually defend Yuji here and say that Sukuna was the killer, not him.

I imagine the evidence Judgeman gives will clear Yuji's name, but Yuji will insist on taking responsibility for it. :smith:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
If we're talking Japanese law, Yuji's confession is immutable evidence. Which is fitting- Yuji confessing to a crime he's innocent of is pretty resonant here.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I don't think that Judgeman will ultimately be the entity to deliver the Death Penalty, I think that responsibility will fall on Higurama and he'll be the one to hesitate delivering the killing blow. It would be fitting given the past chapter's exposition on how old domains work that even a death penalty is not a "sure kill" technique in this situation.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah for sure he's gonna see the evidence the Judge provides and just not give the killing blow.

I love it when this series fires on all cylinders.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

This is peak JJK - as good as anything else that has come before. Its so good. A great new character in an interesting situation with our main :ohdear:

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
This series is so loving good.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

...gently caress.

I knew this was coming but goddamn.
Im going to love this arc more than Shibuya if it keeps this up.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Awesome chapter.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Official Release

loving superb chapter, what else is there to say?

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
So good. "I want a retrial" is way more cinematic and impactful than "I want to redo it a second time!" from the fan translation.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

yum posted:

So good. "I want a retrial" is way more cinematic and impactful than "I want to redo it a second time!" from the fan translation.

It's weird the fan translation went with that, "I want a retrial" seems like the most obvious translation choice just by what follows.

Granted I don't know what the original Japanese says and retrials might not be as well known as I think they are.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I think even if the fan translation is more accurate to the original Japanese, you'd want to use retrial anyways as it's not nearly as clunky and would have more impact for your english speaking audience. JJK's the one manga where I actively avoid the fan translation since the dialogue is so good and some of the concepts can already be hard to wrap your head around.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wonder if Higuruma is going to start defending Yuji from his own domain, cause the dude is legit shook by what Yuji said and he's not easily shook. It would be pretty fun, a defense attorney who's given up on the judicial system defending his own opponent from his own power.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

it would be shounen as gently caress in the wildest way for higuruma to become a cool buddy by fighting and reckoning with his own superpower. i absolutely hope that's what's going down here

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

I love that theory and will now be sad if that's not what happens (unless what does happen is even more awesome)

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Patware posted:

it would be shounen as gently caress in the wildest way for higuruma to become a cool buddy by fighting and reckoning with his own superpower. i absolutely hope that's what's going down here

He's going to become Yuji's third brother-from-another-mother.

Technically Choso and Itatori are from other mothers, because Choso's dad is Itadori's mom.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

just a bit too old. this is yuji's sub-dad. perhaps a minor uncle

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I wonder if Higuruma is going to start defending Yuji from his own domain, cause the dude is legit shook by what Yuji said and he's not easily shook. It would be pretty fun, a defense attorney who's given up on the judicial system defending his own opponent from his own power.

Yeah I think this will happen too. He’ll be in the same situation as before, defending an innocent person against an unjust sentence. Going against your own technique probably has severe consequences.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is definitely reading too much into things, but I wonder if the description for how Higuruma developed his sorcery skills (working backwards) is literally the concept for his creation, in that Gege wanted to engineer a situation in which Itadori has to face judgment for what Sukuna did while in his body, so Gege came up with the whole trial domain thing, and worked backwards from there to create the character of Higuruma.

Just a fun thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

This is definitely reading too much into things, but I wonder if the description for how Higuruma developed his sorcery skills (working backwards) is literally the concept for his creation, in that Gege wanted to engineer a situation in which Itadori has to face judgment for what Sukuna did while in his body, so Gege came up with the whole trial domain thing, and worked backwards from there to create the character of Higuruma.

Just a fun thought.

this is literally how most writing works