Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

The Whelk of Time
The Whelm of Time
The When of Time

Post yours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

His little TAR apartment is literally all rotating fire skulls, dude is the 1990s internet come to life

I always refer to it as his Doom wad throne room

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012
The Age of Legends:
Aes Sedai: bro I bet we could run DOOM on a ter'angreal
Aes Sedai: siiiick

The Third Age:
Appears to be a Second Age device for training soldiers to fight against Trollocs using now lost weapons. Doesn't access Tel'aran'rhiod. Had to hide it from my Warder.

Last studied by Corianin Nedeal.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Sab669 posted:

I'm very excited to watch WHE of TIME this weekend

e; gently caress like I knew it was this week, but poo poo dudes it's THIS WEEK

For those of us going to the movie theater showings, it's TODAY. Four and a half hours as I write this!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

There were a half dozen adverts for WoT during NFL RedZone yesterday. Wife was thinking it seemed far fetched that there'd be significant overlap between people who'd watch 7 straight hours of football and prestiege-ish high fantasy fans. Then again, GoT became water cooler fare, so *shrug*

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Pander posted:

There were a half dozen adverts for WoT during NFL RedZone yesterday. Wife was thinking it seemed far fetched that there'd be significant overlap between people who'd watch 7 straight hours of football and prestiege-ish high fantasy fans. Then again, GoT became water cooler fare, so *shrug*

yeah, beyond anything else i think game of thrones showed that people were much more willing to get invested into weird fantasy poo poo than they'd let on before. i guess the question is if it'll hold true for things beyond game of thrones but obviously being on a specific video streaming service wasn't exactly enough of a hinderance to keep it from becoming a thing you couldn't loving avoid hearing about for years.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Lord Awkward posted:

The Age of Legends:

The Third Age:
Appears to be a Second Age device for training soldiers to fight against Trollocs using now lost weapons. Doesn't access Tel'aran'rhiod. Had to hide it from my Warder.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Lord Awkward posted:

The Age of Legends:

The Third Age:

This is an astonishingly good post goddamn

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Lord Awkward posted:

The Age of Legends:

The Third Age:

:five:

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Whee

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

We Love Time

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
It's whee time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMTfHbc788Y

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

WHEEE TIME

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

obviously anyone who goes to an early showing needs to tell us how it is once they're back

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Johnny Joestar posted:

obviously anyone who goes to an early showing needs to tell us how it is once they're back

:hmmyes:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
https://twitter.com/SeanConsumes/status/1460348931301330955?s=20

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

My best friends going into this blind. Won’t watch the trailers or read articles for it.

Meanwhile I’m over here :f5:ing all the websites to get the reaction articles

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Why? Anybody Amazon is going to invite for a pre screening is gonna slobber all over their knob regardless of whether it deserves it or not.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Invalid Validation posted:

Why? Anybody Amazon is going to invite for a pre screening is gonna slobber all over their knob regardless of whether it deserves it or not.

The screenings tonight aren't invitation only; all you have to do is sign up and request an invite. They'll mostly attract diehard book fans, who are fairly likely to be your most *negative* reviewers if you've hosed it up, or even if you haven't. Opening the doors to the public like that indicates a lot of confidence in the production. We will see in a few hours anyway.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

crazy as it is to say in a book barn thread thats talking about the WOT adaptation, im interested to read what people who care about the book series write about the WOT adaptation

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Good point.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

given literally the entire discussion about a frame of what's probably tigraine not wearing a veil while she kills someone even happened i don't know why anyone would assume that fans of the books will immediately jump to praising the show no matter what

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Lord Awkward posted:

The Age of Legends:

The Third Age:

this aligns with my interests in a brainpleasing way

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
https://twitter.com/HagneSanti/status/1460351252286656518?s=20

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

If this is real I will forgive bezos

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

On my way out the door to go to the Chicago screening. Presuming I get in, which is not guaranteed, how detailed a report are people looking for, anyhow? Play by play? Simple good/bad? Detailed review? I'm curious where the thread wants to draw the line between detailed analysis and remaining spoiler-free.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'd prefer any specific information on plot changes and such to be behind tags, personally

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

jng2058 posted:

On my way out the door to go to the Chicago screening. Presuming I get in, which is not guaranteed, how detailed a report are people looking for, anyhow? Play by play? Simple good/bad? Detailed review? I'm curious where the thread wants to draw the line between detailed analysis and remaining spoiler-free.

Speaking just for myself, please put any specific details in spoiler tags. What I'm mostly curious about is quality of the performances and production and whether or not people who haven't read the books will like it.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

jng2058 posted:

I want everything, but ya spoiler please

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
red carpet stream from the London premier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA6muAG7MI8

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Was just gonna post this. I love the Perrin actor. Timestamps are in the comments

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
I'd be interested to hear from any early bird viewers what you think of the writing & direction - I don't care about much else, after all production values are likely to be good no matter what, and they are unlikely to have picked any really terrible actors (maybe excepting the Matt guy, who know though).

Agreed that details about plot stuff etc being in spoiler tags would be preferable.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'm bowing out of this thread until I've seen the episodes for myself. May you always find water and shade.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

It is the spoiler thread, unless you want to make a tv spoiler thread? They did that for GOT

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Oh I just won't be able to resist clicking all the spoiler tags lmao

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Thread title changed, this is now the thread for BOOK SPOILERS

please tag show spoilers

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

jng2058 posted:

Simple good/bad?

Yes

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/rachkmgoldsmith/status/1460399298315755533

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

honestly just post whatever you want about your reactions to it, just make sure to spoiler tag anything that goes into actual detail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
These motherfuckers are getting my hopes up goddamnit :mad: