Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah i did one season and id had enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

I bounced off the leftovers. it had some good performances but I just didn't get it.
I feel like the premise of people actually giving a poo poo or changing anything about their lives because 2% of the population disappeared probably doesn't work that well post-COVID lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I feel like the premise of people actually giving a poo poo or changing anything about their lives because 2% of the population disappeared probably doesn't work that well post-COVID lol

i got mad when i was told they never explain why 2% of people magically vanished. allegory is bullshit

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

i got mad when i was told they never explain why 2% of people magically vanished. allegory is bullshit
I skimmed some later episode summaries to see how they manage to draw it out for three seasons and I'll never watch it, and it does appear to go pleasantly insane at least

second last episode summary posted:

The rain begins in Australia. Kevin is drowned and returns to the realm of the undead, where he is again an assassin and must assassinate the President: his identical twin brother

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I skimmed some later episode summaries to see how they manage to draw it out for three seasons and I'll never watch it, and it does appear to go pleasantly insane at least

rofl

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk8s5f1P3EE

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

ok…..i might watch this show.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i watched every season of person of interest once because there was just enough cool idea to keep me wanting to see the next tidbit and before i knew it I had watched like 7 seasons of dogshit day time tv that's probably worse overall than like law and order. what I'm saying is it's probably not worth it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

i watched every season of person of interest once because there was just enough cool idea to keep me wanting to see the next tidbit and before i knew it I had watched like 7 seasons of dogshit day time tv that's probably worse overall than like law and order. what I'm saying is it's probably not worth it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lmfao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I call it Person of Disinterest because who could care about that show! User loses TV watching privileges for 1 week.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

theres a really great scene in that show where the main character casually smashes a chair on somebody. its a great stunt, i loved it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

theres a really great scene in that show where the main character casually smashes a chair on somebody. its a great stunt, i loved it

You’re thinking of the simpsons

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i watched a little of person of interest and i can't remember almost anything about it. it felt like one of those things that has all the right elements for success but was just boring. i kept waiting for it to grab me but it didn't. i remember that it had michael emerson in it.

i definitely fall victim to watching too much of something i don't enjoy though, like a whole of star trek, most of fringe and everything after season 3 of weeds.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

just watched person of interest for the first time this year and thought it was very good action schlock that doesn't demand too much from the viewer and doesn't take itself too seriously. the number of times it uses a truck t-boning a car for dramatic effect is staggering, and it deserves more recognition for this

lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

just watched person of interest for the first time this year and thought it was very good action schlock that doesn't demand too much from the viewer and doesn't take itself too seriously. the number of times it uses a truck t-boning a car for dramatic effect is staggering, and it deserves more recognition for this

lol

it's not good but it's not like it was painful to watch. i was unemployed at the time iirc lol. So it killed a lot of time for me.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

there's a lot of stuff that i would say is not good but i enjoy it so who cares? doctor who, the first few seasons of supernatural, the witcher. then there's like, star trek: voyager which was actively painful to watch but for some reason i was compelled to watch it anyway.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

there's a lot of stuff that i would say is not good but i enjoy it so who cares? doctor who, the first few seasons of supernatural, the witcher. then there's like, star trek: voyager which was actively painful to watch but for some reason i was compelled to watch it anyway.

yeah i watched every season of dexter as they aired. but i shalln’t be watching the reboot.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the last season of Dexter I watched was the one with John Lithgow and I remember thinking it was pretty drat good. Big time hit or miss style show for me tho. Especially anything with the annoying latino man with a fedora.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the last season of Dexter I watched was the one with John Lithgow and I remember thinking it was pretty drat good. Big time hit or miss style show for me tho. Especially anything with the annoying latino man with a fedora.

The last season I watched was the one before that with Jimmy Smits and it was pretty good up to that point.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

there's a whole season in between the one with the serial killer chick who says "pardon my tits" and the john lithgow one and i don't remember what happens in it. i think maybe i even watched the one after john lithgow. i watched that with roommates, though.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

like jimmy smits is in it but who does he play? a politician, maybe?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

like jimmy smits is in it but who does he play? a politician, maybe?

I think he’s the DA or something.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I think he’s the DA or something.

thats right. dexter tries to teach him to be a serial killer but he likes killing too much so dexter has to kill him.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

thats right. dexter tries to teach him to be a serial killer but he likes killing too much so dexter has to kill him.

Yeah I remember now. I think he was too sloppy at killing too

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The fat Latino guy showed up in some other show my girlfriend was watching once. I think it was that show the following with kevin bacon and james purefoy

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Checking out “The Platform” because the premise sounds cool but the N logo looming over it is Not excellent brothers.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
ditch netflix for appe tv and hulu, home of even MORE prestigous made for streaming programming like the handyman's tail and whatever's on apple tv

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

ditch netflix for appe tv and hulu, home of even MORE prestigous made for streaming programming like the handyman's tail and whatever's on apple tv
Lmao

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

apple tv has the sitcom about working at blizzard.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Plebian Parasite posted:

apple tv has the sitcom about working at blizzard.

episode 5 is really good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Apple TV has motherfucking Ted Lasso!!!!!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Cubone posted:

episode 5 is really good

oh, word? *thinks back to the list of shows ill never watch* whats that show called?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

oh, word? *thinks back to the list of shows ill never watch* whats that show called?