Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.
That pipe is dumb and I want it.

Not $950 want it, but drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
Alas, my finances also keep me well and firmly within the realm of normal-rear end pipes.

But this lil' chubby buddy showed up in the mail today, so I'm pretty stoked on that:

Howard The Dork fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Nov 18, 2021

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
We are planning a little smoke sesh (as the kids say) tomorrow/Sunday at 930pm eastern.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Pipegoons are welcome and encouraged to join the herf.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
All my preconceived notions of pipe smokers have been confirmed by their absence from the discord and herf :dukedoge: (I really don’t have room to talk as I was an hour and a half late to the party).

I smoked an HVC 500th Anniversary yesterday and really enjoyed it. I need to check out more of their non maduro/dark heavy sticks. Tonight I’m smoking an AJF Hoyo Black (I think) that’s okay, I seem to remember more chocolate last time but it’s sort of just dry earth flavored right now.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Yeah I just don't discord!

I did smoke two pipes today, though!

REN
Feb 14, 2001

Good to see that this thread has continued on from the Cigars and Pipes Discussion. Been long time since I ventured back in here but still smoking my daily cigars when I can.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Mr. Wiggles posted:

To be human is to err, but self growth requires you to reflect and make changes. I think you know what to do (join the discord).

REN posted:

Good to see that this thread has continued on from the Cigars and Pipes Discussion. Been long time since I ventured back in here but still smoking my daily cigars when I can.

I’m new-ish to the thread but it’s fun to see senior cigar thread folks pop their heads in. I think some of the OG guys are still around/lurk a bit. What are your go to sticks these days?

REN
Feb 14, 2001

Lyon posted:

I’m new-ish to the thread but it’s fun to see senior cigar thread folks pop their heads in. I think some of the OG guys are still around/lurk a bit. What are your go to sticks these days?

Just to name a few that I smoke regularly

- Liga Privada No.9 and T52s, really like the Lancero Unico L40
- Asylum 13 - pretty much all there stuff
- CLE \ Eiroa sticks have all been great
- Punch Chow Suey has been a fav of mine recently

REN fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 22, 2021

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Oh, I've been wanting to try some CLE sticks, I hear they're great. Do you have a favorite?

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

REN posted:

Just to name a few that I smoke regularly

- Liga Privada No.9 and T52s, really like the Lancero Unico L40
- Asylum 13 - pretty much all there stuff
- CLE \ Eiroa sticks have all been great
- Punch Chow Suey has been a fav of mine recently

Chop Suey and Eggroll were both great, the Kung Pow is very weak, unfortunately.

REN
Feb 14, 2001

Kenning posted:

Oh, I've been wanting to try some CLE sticks, I hear they're great. Do you have a favorite?

CBT Maduro...

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Mr. Wiggles posted:

:same:
My stuff (including my discord-capable laptop with a now nonfunctional battery) won’t work outside. And I love my pipe but have 0 desire to smoke where I sleep.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Cleaning out the pipes, got the itch for some Semois and English and my pipes have been tasting off lately.

Looking forward to dipping more heavily back into pipes after some months primarily smoking cigars.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Everyone! We (i.e. me and Ophidian and Lyon, during a herf) decided we should do a Secret Santa, like all the cool threads do. Let's keep it around $25-30 shipped. Post ITT if you're interested, and then PM me the following information:

• Tobacco you enjoy (pipe or cigar, or both, or that old-school thing where they blow it up your nose, etc.)
• Preferred styles (i.e. maduro cigars, narrow/wide RG, aromatics, burley, whatever)
• Whether you would or would not like accessories (pipe tools, PerfecDraws, etc.)
• Something you like to eat or drink (or both!)
• A random hobby/interest
• Your address

If you'd like to participate, please send me info within a week (by Nov. 30th). If you don't have plat (????) just post and we'll figure something out. I'll take the info and send out assignments by Dec. 4th, so there should be plenty of time to make a package and get it shipped.

Important note: ArfJason is welcome, and I will personally insure them against at least a couple Padron 2000s.

Doctor Medic
Apr 15, 2013

Going to space today!
You know I’m in!

(Yes, if you get a goatstand, it’s from me.)

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006
I'm in. Should I post my wants here or just PM you?

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!
I’m in. Pretty sure you have my info already

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I'm in!

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Hayden posted:

I'm in. Should I post my wants here or just PM you?

Let's say both! PM me with everything, but also post it in the thread to get everybody hyped.

Ophidian posted:

I’m in. Pretty sure you have my info already

Yeah but we need the Santa details to send out to everybody!. Also I don't think I have your mailing address anymore, that was just on the return label on the sampler you sent me.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
In!

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I’m in, but can I just send a package without getting a package?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

You can if you like! Also if you don't want more smokes you can be a non-cigar santee, I'm sure people would be down to send you something else.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.
As much as I’m on Discord I should really join.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

:sickos:

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Happy Thanksgiving you filthy animals. I'm definitely going to smoke something when I get back from family activities. I just did a massive cigar inventory so the first person to respond with a number between 2 and 315 will choose which cigar I'm going to smoke tonight.

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006

Lyon posted:

Happy Thanksgiving you filthy animals. I'm definitely going to smoke something when I get back from family activities. I just did a massive cigar inventory so the first person to respond with a number between 2 and 315 will choose which cigar I'm going to smoke tonight.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

Lyon posted:

There is only one obvious choice.

Nice.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving y'all.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Kenning posted:

Happy Thanksgiving y'all.

Seconded! Hope everyone including the fereneers who don’t celebrate Thanksgiving had a good day and food in their bellies! And a good pipe full or cigar afterwards!

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Turns out the Boswell site has a pretty robust selection of things like filters, tools, and cleaning supplies that are often out of stock at larger sites.

Since they have some of my favorite tobaccos, I'm gonna make it a regular order place for me. They also have Missouri meerschaum corncob pipes that'll take a filter, so I'm grabbing a few of those.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Missouri Meerschaum cobs are still just about all I smoke, they're fantastic even without considering how cheap they are. I never use the filters for them though.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

ThatOneGuy posted:

There is only one obvious choice.

Nice.

I didn’t end up smoking a cigar on thanksgiving but today I evaluated both numbers and, due to limited smoking time, ultimately went with the meme suggestion. 17 was an Alec Bradley Sun Grown and 69 was a Crowned Heads Four Kicks. I will smoke number 17 tomorrow though as I’ll be able to get more than one stick in probably.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

Missouri Meerschaum cobs are still just about all I smoke, they're fantastic even without considering how cheap they are. I never use the filters for them though.

Hell yeah! I really enjoy filtered smokes, but it's nice to hear I can go either way on those.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

NewFatMike posted:

Hell yeah! I really enjoy filtered smokes, but it's nice to hear I can go either way on those.

If you enjoy filters, the only pipes I use aside from the cobs are radiators - I'd recommend checking out either a Falcon or a Wiebe if you haven't before. They have unscrewable bowls with a metal reservoir under that captures moisture like a filter would. Just dab out with a paper towel after (or the Wiebe can be dissembled and ran under the tap) and you're good to go.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I'm renewing my call for Secret Santas! We've got 4 people so far, I know we can do better than that.

Kenning posted:

Everyone! We (i.e. me and Ophidian and Lyon, during a herf) decided we should do a Secret Santa, like all the cool threads do. Let's keep it around $25-30 shipped. Post ITT if you're interested, and then PM me the following information:

• Tobacco you enjoy (pipe or cigar, or both, or that old-school thing where they blow it up your nose, etc.)
• Preferred styles (i.e. maduro cigars, narrow/wide RG, aromatics, burley, whatever)
• Whether you would or would not like accessories (pipe tools, PerfecDraws, etc.)
• Something you like to eat or drink (or both!)
• A random hobby/interest
• Your address

If filling out the whole survey is daunting, just give me your address and whether you're more into pipes or cigars.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

If you enjoy filters, the only pipes I use aside from the cobs are radiators - I'd recommend checking out either a Falcon or a Wiebe if you haven't before. They have unscrewable bowls with a metal reservoir under that captures moisture like a filter would. Just dab out with a paper towel after (or the Wiebe can be dissembled and ran under the tap) and you're good to go.

Ooh have a good site for either? Smoking Pipes is my go to but they're sold out of everything and don't seem to carry Wiebe.

I can look around, but most sites I'm finding are international or not great looking, which makes me not trusting :v:

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006

Kenning posted:

I'm renewing my call for Secret Santas! We've got 4 people so far, I know we can do better than that.

If filling out the whole survey is daunting, just give me your address and whether you're more into pipes or cigars.

• I have a pipe, but haven't smoked it in years. When I did smoke it I really enjoyed EMP and Dunhill Standard Mixture, so I'd be interested to try other tobacco along those lines
• I smoke just about any cigar style other than flavored, but I really prefer 50 ring gauge or smaller, and not crazy long either. I very very rarely smoke something bigger than a 5x55 robusto. I do like the occasional torpedo, though
• Honestly I have so many cigars I wouldn't be mad to mostly get accessories. I have a nice double guillotine cutter, but don't have a punch or v-cut. Most of my lighters are a little janky, and I'd love to try a PerfecDraws, too.
• I like black coffee and trying local or interesting beers or liqours, and savory snacks. I don't have much of a sweet tooth.
• I brew beer for a living, I hunt and shoot, and I actually collect rolling papers. I also love weird stickers for my beer fridge, coolers, and tool boxes

Hayden fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Nov 28, 2021

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

NewFatMike posted:

Ooh have a good site for either? Smoking Pipes is my go to but they're sold out of everything and don't seem to carry Wiebe.

I can look around, but most sites I'm finding are international or not great looking, which makes me not trusting :v:

TobaccoPipes has a collection of Wiebe ones, or you can buy them straight from the man himself (shipped from Winnipeg). I got my Falcons from GQ Tobaccos but they're based in the UK - I'm :canada: so I was gonna have to import them anyways and it was cheaper to go across the pond. You can find Falcons on American sites like Smoking Pipes or 4Noggins sometimes but the stems usually seem to sell out and take a while to get back in stock. Of the two, Wiebe definitely feels more premium but also has the corresponding price point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Holy moly those Wiebe pipes are so loving tight.

Glad to hear GQ is solid - I may do one of those Falcons and then if I like it pull up a Wiebe.

I also just realized I can throw those metal systems in my ultrasonic cleaner, which is fantastic. I'm absolutely going for it!