Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Maybe his body is just tiny. Kind of hard to tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Stroker Ace posted:

Why is it so big?

HGH

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cavauro posted:

look how big this guy's head is

im not clicking this

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://gizmodo.com/oh-no-ghostbusters-afterlife-you-didnt-1848109567

Aaaand the companion piece to that really good review.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I saw that toy featured in the thread for marketing mistakes, and through it learned of purple cg Egon. feels gross, friends :negative:

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

it rules that Finn Wolfhard, born in 2002, has been paid to dress up like a ghostbuster by two different sets of nostalgic gen x goofuses with money. I hope he gets to voice a Thundercat next.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Got a baby girl on the way, had the ultrasound today. Feels cool.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

congrats

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

[aggressively, inexplicably] OH YEAH??

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Captain Magic posted:

Congrats on the soon-to-debut babby, hope everything goes well!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Captain Magic posted:

my bff just had a baby girl with his wife last week, and the week before that one of my cousins had a baby girl, congrats to all the breeders that checked the []girl box before sex as is my understanding of the process

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Captain Magic posted:

Hell yeah. Congrats capt'n

I've really been trying to get a ps5 but man it just aint happenin. I refuse to deal with a reseller though. That's my line in the sand I guess.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Shard posted:

I've really been trying to get a ps5 but man it just aint happenin. I refuse to deal with a reseller though. That's my line in the sand I guess.

have you tried checking the ps5 box before having sex with your wife? Wont get here before christmas unfortunately but it's worth a shot

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Shard posted:

Follow the various twitter bots, turn on notifications, and have Amazon Prime set up on your phone. If you get hte notification and click the link in the tweets for Amazon, you can get lucky enough to grab one, eventually.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
A couple of nutso parents in a nearby school district are holding a "book burning bonfire" outside the next school board meeting. They're encouraging parents to have their kids check "unwelcome" books out of the school and public libraries so they can burn them.

I'm debating showing up with the entire nine-book run of Left Behind and a ruined hardcover third-hand novel with a fake cover - "THE HOLLY BIBLY."

The only thing stopping me is feeling that burning any kind of book is wrong. That and wondering what the Big Guy will say when I end up before Him.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CobiWann posted:

A couple of nutso parents in a nearby school district are holding a "book burning bonfire" outside the next school board meeting. They're encouraging parents to have their kids check "unwelcome" books out of the school and public libraries so they can burn them.

I'm debating showing up with the entire nine-book run of Left Behind and a ruined hardcover third-hand novel with a fake cover - "THE HOLLY BIBLY."

The only thing stopping me is feeling that burning any kind of book is wrong. That and wondering what the Big Guy will say when I end up before Him.

Turn up with a firehose

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CobiWann posted:

I’d show up with the wrath but having been through a book burning before, I take a very dim view towards such proceedings.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Shard posted:

The way I got mine was through GameStop. I had to pay $15 bucks for an annual membership (ugh), but they hold inventory aside for their members specifically before they release it to the public. I was able to get one the first members only drop after I signed up.

It was worth it to me, but i get if people don’t want to reward GameStop for that kind of poo poo. They also only offered bundles. The bundle came with an extra controller and two games I wanted so it worked out, but you do have to spend more than if you were just getting a console.

Don’t know how frequently they still do this but it might be worth looking into.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

CobiWann posted:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Turn up with a CumTruck

Oooooohhhh mmmyyyy Goooooooddd............

Also Cobi I'm with you on any kind of book burning is kinda wrong. I mean these are Boomer and Gen X people, what the gently caress would their WW2 parents and grandparents have to say about that Nazi/fascist cosplay poo poo?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
If you burn book you are past cosplay.

Honestly, just piss all over them.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What are the legal ramifications of renting out books from the library and doing a book burning? I can't imagine they got a permit from city hall

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I think you should bring a copy of "Killing the Business" and tweet a pic to the Young Bucks :twisted:

(u dont actually have to burn the book tho)

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Shard posted:

What are the legal ramifications of renting out books from the library and doing a book burning? I can't imagine they got a permit from city hall

In addition to violating whatever local burn ordinances, they'll be charged to replace the destroyed books unless the district is toothless and chickenshit.

So they'll literally be directly giving the publishers of these "immoral" materials nore money

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i poured raspberry slushie into the book return slot when i was about 11 in order to impress other children. they caught me and made me clean it but didn't make me pay for anything which they should have. they also should have whooped my rear end and kicked my rear end and balls until i died. I've deserved 4 deaths

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

happy birthday man

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

happy birthday That DICK!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

you know whats funny, were here joking about it being our birthdays when its not our birthdays, but you know in the other thread? that stuff i said about it being the boss man's birthday? i made that poo poo up.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

CobiWann posted:

show up with dual wield fire extinguishers

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I stole some cow tails and a Red Bull from 7-11 when I was a kid to impress my friend and the whole experience upset me so greatly that I cried and vomited in his mom’s car later that day.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Happy birthday That Dick

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

NienNunb posted:

I stole some cow tails and a Red Bull from 7-11 when I was a kid to impress my friend and the whole experience upset me so greatly that I cried and vomited in his mom’s car later that day.

I'm sorry. I felt that, as I've stolen a standalone pencil-eraser from a locally owned and operated business that has long since been shuttered. My fault?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

NienNunb posted:

I heard that 7-11 put up a memorial to the low-grade snacks lost that afternoon

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

When I was like 6-8 years old I ate some candy out of the bulk candy jars at the grocery store, and my mom caught me and took me home and told my dad, who called me into the bathroom to yell at me how people of his bloodline do not steal, while he was making GBS threads

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i stole a football squeaky toy from the grocery store when i was like 3-4 and my mom made me return it and tell the owner and the owner was a huge prick about it. i thought i was going to jail

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

CobiWann posted:

Show up with a copy of Fahrenheit 451.

Sure, the irony will be lost on everyone, but you will feel smug

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

my mam left me and my cousin outside the police station when we were about five or six because we used to sneak down early and eat chocolate or something. we both cried loads and it taught me never to trust police or adults which was a good lesson.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

your mam left you in a big pool of water in outer space probly

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Quantum of Phallus posted:

my mam left me and my cousin outside the police station when we were about five or six because we used to sneak down early and eat chocolate or something. we both cried loads and it taught me never to trust police or adults which was a good lesson.

this is almost exactly what happened to alfred hitchcock, his father conspired with a local cop to lock five-year-old alfie in a cell for a few minutes as punishment for some petty theft

as a result hitchcock was so terrified of authority he couldn't even drive a car for fear of getting a ticket, nice job dad

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bluedeanie posted:

When I was like 6-8 years old I ate some candy out of the bulk candy jars at the grocery store, and my mom caught me and took me home and told my dad, who called me into the bathroom to yell at me how people of his bloodline do not steal, while he was making GBS threads

Dean lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

when I was like 8 I got caught stealing a shirt from k-mart because 1) I needed shirts like I only had two or three, and 2) the shirt had a sweet rear end wolverine picture on it and was therefore cool as hell. they turned me over to my dad who chewed me out the whole way home and made me sleep outside because he was made as hell that I got caught and embarrassed him. we had to keep shopping there after all!! don't fuckin get caught what is wrong with you!?!?!?