Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

New chapter up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Netherworld flower shops must be wild places.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Flowers are terrifying.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
We got one panel of serious drawn Clara so you know poo poo is about to go down(tm)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Their teammate is like Komi from Komi-san, I bet. Just bad at communicating and is really thrilled to be with a Misfit, but ends up being a prickly weirdo.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Their teammate is like Komi from Komi-san, I bet. Just bad at communicating and is really thrilled to be with a Misfit, but ends up being a prickly weirdo.

I don't think he's even prickly. Just a chill, nice guy who looks naturally threatening.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
What My Ability's For

So he might be the son of Crocell's Manager

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
That'd be a nice bit of character linkage and makes the shipping options more interesting.

I think the biggest thing for this arc is that it's gonna show exactly how powerful the teachers are and better set out what the power gap between them and the Misfits are. And it probably implies that the ranks are basically exponential measures of power such that the power difference between the first few is relatively low, but in the back half, there just become gulfs of power between 6 and 7 and so on.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

LostRook posted:

What My Ability's For

So he might be the son of Crocell's Manager

I think Clara really needed this chapter because among other things, it made me think back to the last time she's used her bloodline ability in the story and I remember it has been largely absent since the training arc leading into the Harvest Festival. In fact unless I missed an esoteric moment, she hasn't used it at all since that time. But now that it's back in force it addresses a concern I had going into the future with regards to Clara because of all the misfits she's the one that's hard to place for future role in the 13 crowns. Most everyone in the misfits has a road I can map and a position they can hold. Sabro, Alice, Goemon, and Agares all can serve military positions (with the latter two forming a 2 man unit perfect for some base defender). Kamui is ideal for a diplomat. Kerori as a celebrity icon and even producer in her older years. Ix can just inherit Alice's mom's position as Minister of Lust. Purson inherits the family business and Schneider can take up a role there doing R&D or get his own lab. Jazz can manage the criminal underworld. Even with her succubus training, I didn't have an idea of what Clara could really do later on when the Misfits take on their inevitable position.

BUT here's this chapter where she's confronted with an actual head-on fight and she's got to do something. And I think she performs spectacularly as do her two helpers because everyone gets a chance to shine. Her bloodline ability has always had great utility and could further synergize with other misfits specifically her future husband Sabnock's since he can make weapons instantly that she could reproduce once she's seen them. But she's also fun and spontaneous so it's nice she went the route of pepper shakers and 99 Luftballoons.

I love it, I wish there was an official english release so I could put it on my shelf. I can see them making a minister of Fun position for her in the future.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
No Fight, I'm just kicking rear end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftWHAJEcGJg

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
This new character is the only sane person in a world of madness. He will 100% be a member of Iruma's harem at the end of this. I am loving the perspectives of characters outside the main cast, it really shows how awesome the Misfits really are.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Now we're truly an isekai.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Haha.. no she's not in the harem.. yet

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

She's really into the role!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Ironically, this makes her a better instructor; the other teachers are going too hard and obliterating their students before they can learn anything except "wow, I wish they had taught us attack magic before the combat test."

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I Am Fowl posted:

She's really into the role!

So her bloodline ability is [Thunder Thighs]?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Brought To You By posted:

So her bloodline ability is [Thunder Thighs]?

Oh dear Horikoshi's love of legs and swole women is leaking

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

M_Gargantua posted:

Oh dear Horikoshi's love of legs and swole women is leaking

Good.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:hai:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Still Immature

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Turns out she's the maternal figure in his life that Iruma always deserved

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

I know that this is manga, but I'm pretty sure that you're not supposed to have quite this much sexual tension with a maternal figure.

Besides, Iruma already has a perfectly good (gender-neutral) mother. :colbert:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

Given way back Shiida introduces herself as Iruma's sister to scare off the creeper in the alleys, It's yet another sibling dynamic for Iruma but this time an onee-san. Doesn't make it chill that he's perving on her but such is his life

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Not all mentor figures are family

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

M_Gargantua posted:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

perfect post/avatar/quote combo

like to put a fine point on it i'm pretty sure the framing of her jumping on iruma's bow was the most outright charged thing to happen in what is a relatively low-key manga about that sort of thing, going straight to 'maternal' and 'sisterly' is probably a sign to do a little bit of generalized anime detox

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just looked back at the previous chapter and noticed that Chima is very firm about who is and is not allowed in the harem.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Patware posted:

perfect post/avatar/quote combo

like to put a fine point on it i'm pretty sure the framing of her jumping on iruma's bow was the most outright charged thing to happen in what is a relatively low-key manga about that sort of thing, going straight to 'maternal' and 'sisterly' is probably a sign to do a little bit of generalized anime detox

No seriously, did you forget Walter Park and her bizarre fixation on Iruma? For her not to just introduce herself as Walter Park staff like all the others in the Six Fingers despite that being her cover has always been a bit odd to me in favor of saying she's related to Iruma. I just think that Shiida's whole deal is having some past where she lost someone close to her and she's made the unfortunate habit of projecting this onto people that fit a certain archetype. Why else would she still be carrying around a photo of the one hour she spent with Iruma and failed to just drag him to Baal when she has standing orders to do so given that earlier situation?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

two thirds of the cast of this comic has a fixation on iruma

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
It's called friendship.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Battle for the Best Spot

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I know it's a trope at this point, but I always hate the whole "poison/venom = xenomorph blood" cliche

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

Chima has some great expressions.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

there are a whole bunch of corrosive poisons (since anything can be a poison depending on the dose) so whatever let Irumas new harem member make holes with acid

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I do not care for Chima. Possessive and jealous characters are a major turn off for me

Poison guy on the other hand rules. He’s my favorite addition to the harem

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

thetoughestbean posted:

I do not care for Chima. Possessive and jealous characters are a major turn off for me

Poison guy on the other hand rules. He’s my favorite addition to the harem

While I can't say I like Chima at the moment, I do enjoy the fact that she's basically the inverse of Ameri.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Ameri and Clara need a rival that's aggressive to push them to act more often

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Wrong thread entirely wow!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

All For Iruma is still appropriate :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
As a character she isn't great but she is leading to funny moments and hopefully she gets some more depth.