Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

surprisingly the Costcos around me don’t seem to have dried bulk beans, only cans. i did find vacuum packed legumes used in Indian food though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Stereotype posted:

you guys just want omicron to be the terminal twelve monkeys style apocalypse virus because it justifies your cowardly agoraphobic avoidance of everything over the past 18 months. the simple fact is that covid isn’t that bad, and if you are vaccinated it is over entirely. maybe learn to cut your losses and admit that all the masks and constant boosters were maybe a little bit too much, and that you might have overreacted a little bit.

Listens to literal one year old unvaccinated child babbling and squealing quietly in the other room with grandma while reading this

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

An r0 of 36 is so far beyond any disease in history that we're all going to have it before Pearl Harbor Day (December 7 :patriot:)

Goddamn Omnicroni wacked us, Johnny.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

You probably shouldn't go

That is also my feeling yeah.

Hopefully someone who can make that choice feels the same, but this is a multi-national scientific expedition that was already delayed by like 18 months because of COVID. Unless flights TO start being cancelled, I'll probably be there. gently caress.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

golf is some bougie poo poo I hope they get trapped there

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

8000 preventable deaths a day world wide - Normality

lmao

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

covid is airborne

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL187/history/20211126/2010Z/FAOR/KEWR

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I'm gonna get my family the gift of covid this Christmas

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Hadlock posted:

Is there a source for this somewhere?

Like, that person in Hong Kong got covid via local community spread. Then they got in a plane for X days and landed in Canada? Where in Canada? And then flew to South Africa?

https://www.news.gov.hk/eng/2021/11/20211123/20211123_102145_582.html

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Crazypoops posted:

8000 preventable deaths a day world wide - Normality

lmao

none of the people they know are dying so everything is a-ok

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

ReidRansom posted:

Hopefully someone who can make that choice feels the same, but this is a multi-national scientific expedition that was already delayed by like 18 months because of COVID. Unless flights TO start being cancelled, I'll probably be there. gently caress.

Tell them you have COVID symptoms?

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

ReidRansom posted:

hit da bricks

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

maybe with a new, aggressive variant of COVID around we should take more precautions and try to prevent the spread. not trying to be a nihilist, shutin doomer here but more people dying isn't a good thing I think.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

corona familiar posted:

none of the people they know are dying so everything is a-ok

pretty sure they know a few and don't care lmao

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

ReidRansom posted:

contact pfizer and moderna to see if they have an omicron booster ready as you are about to embark on a challenge trial of its effectiveness

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Woke up this morning
Got myself a cough

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SKULL.GIF posted:

Biden is banning flights, but only from a small section of southern Africa, and not until Monday.

How do these morons think this works

its so rich people without jets can escape

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Wake me up when we get to Unicron

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

ReidRansom posted:

Tell the airport security that you have a sore throat and can't smell anything, cough a few times, and they won't let you on. Save yourself

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

bedpan posted:

maybe with a new, aggressive variant of COVID around we should take more precautions and try to prevent the spread. not trying to be a nihilist, shutin doomer here but more people dying isn't a good thing I think.

:rubby:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

i had to go check and I made this in september 2020

oh how times have not changed at all (and keeps getting worse)

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

might sow some beans in farm sim in remembrance of bean thread

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

How long until flights from Belgium are banned? Given, you know, it's been found there

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Thank you

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

bedpan posted:

I’m not sure if the science is in on that. people dying might be good, you aren’t a scientist, you don’t know.

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

SKULL.GIF posted:

How long until flights from Belgium are banned? Given, you know, it's been found there

lmao

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

McNugget Buddy posted:

Beans don't cost that much - you're paying for a fancy airtight container

Don't I want/need an airtight container?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Hmm 1200 new posts overnight, hope nothing is wrong since Australia is in full covid is over mode lmao

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Don't I want/need an airtight container?

yeah but you can get a way bigger airtight container for like $20-30 and buy the beans for a lot cheaper. that’s what I did when I bought a 50lb bag of rice from the Costco

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1427349454848471043

https://twitter.com/eduardosuarez/status/1464134418931539972

https://twitter.com/maxonwifi/status/1464273777693495318

:capitalism:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Omnicarus posted:

An r0 of 36 is so far beyond any disease in history that we're all going to have it before Pearl Harbor Day (December 7 :patriot:)

Goddamn Omnicroni wacked us, Johnny.

good? news on that. the R0 isn't that high, but the RE is high because it's immunity evasive :toot:

https://twitter.com/TWenseleers/status/1464201118553186305

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Hmm 1200 new posts overnight, hope nothing is wrong since Australia is in full covid is over mode lmao

south africa is the same latitude as australia and currently case growth looks like:

enjoy the summer!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Stereotype posted:

I’m not sure if the science is in on that. people dying might be good, you aren’t a scientist, you don’t know.

hmm, good point. people dying and the survivors getting lifelong complications and disabilities might in fact be good. people have been dying for a long time and we still exist. people were dying during the moon landing and that still went ahead.

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Huh, thanks.

Also seeing this poking around Amazon; https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0754PLKSX/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1 are these folks legit or are they somehow fraudsters? I'm a bit wary of buying stuff marketed to preppers in particular since, you know, until recently most preppers were right wing loons and they're not known for intellect.

look for stuff geared towards camping and hiking, similar price point but it will taste better if you want dehydrated food off of Amazon.

I wouldn't buy a tub of beans off there though, I've had problems with smaller quantities being moldy and/or damaged packaging

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Crazypoops posted:

pretty sure they know a few and don't care lmao

I just remembered my first crack ping when I was working at the beginning of the pandemic and my coworker/friend/mentor who was on leave came back and I was like hey this is crazy right? and she looked me right in the eyes and said it's not real but she's masked up because she's immunocompromised. I think that was when my mind dislodged out of the groove that is reality and I've been perceiving my existence as a twisting spiral of threads overlaid on the chaos realm that makes up our everyday lives

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I think normal people are now starting to get the news now. The grocery stores were nearly empty this morning, now as I was passing the same one, the parking lot is totally jammed and there's even cars going up and down searching for a parking lot.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Stereotype posted:

if u want a real expert opinion on whether people dying is good, u need to ask an economist not a scientist duh

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Is anyone going to Omicron Comic Con?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

NeonPunk posted:

I think normal people are now starting to get the news now. The grocery stores were nearly empty this morning, now as I was passing the same one, the parking lot is totally jammed and there's even cars going up and down searching for a parking lot.

You sure it's not because it's Black Friday?

Panic won't set in until after the weekend, it takes time for news to disseminate and for people to go "Hmm, maybe I should do something".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
made a mistake of saying something to a friend, he's very mad and think the science needs to come out first

sure, why not lmbo