Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

roffels posted:

It's been a minute, but I don't think you ever actually needed to tether ghosts. Spray with slime, sure! Otherwise tethering seemed more important for interacting with the environment.

You needed to tether those loving cherubs in Central Park to get past the gate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

The_Doctor posted:

Yup. Those dive bombing little fucks are the bit I couldn't get past. The AI for the other Ghostbusters was also garbage so Ray wouldn't revive you quickly and you'd both go down and have to restart.

Ghostbusters the video game also had some of the worst load times I've ever personally experienced. So for me it was like load for 5 minutes, oops, now you're down, oops, now Ray is down, game over, reload for 8 minutes, repeat.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

The_Doctor posted:

Oh... Yeah. The gate...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I love the game, but the revive mechanic is a terrible bit of game design that feels like it came out in an initial game plan. ‘You get slimed, and have to wait for one of the other guys to revive you haha’ and it kept staying through various builds until oops, the game is out now.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Timby posted:

The problem was that the trapping mechanic was effectively abandoned after the Hotel Sedgwick level and the game instead became Gears of War with a Ghostbusters skin on it.
Exactly why I gave up after getting close to the end. It's good, but it lost me.

I want to work at the firehouse. I want to drive Ecto-1 to places, lasso some ghosts, and trap them.

I got to do very little of that.

Like somebody said, if you take that Sedgewick section and stick it in The Fly teleporter with the original, completely broken 80s game, you've got the game I want.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Xenomrph posted:

I haven’t tried the remaster yet but I loved the original, the gameplay felt great and busting definitely felt good.

My only experience is with the remaster, which according to Steam reviews barely has any extra polish and just a ton of bugs. It really sucks, I wanted to experience the whole thing. Maybe it's a PC thing, though I don't know if it got a release on other platforms.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
Since I suck at first-person shooters, Ghostbusters for the Wii was incredibly fun. I could use the nunchuck joystick to move around and use the Wiimote to aim at the ghosts. I’m better at aiming using my whole hand than using a controller. I was disappointed at the remastered version for the Switch. I assumed since the joycons had gyros, the motion controls would still be there. Nope! One joycon controller was used for moving and the other was used for aiming. It’s a nightmare because the sensitivity adjustment sucks and you can’t invert one controller and turn off inversion for the other.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

sigher posted:

My only experience is with the remaster, which according to Steam reviews barely has any extra polish and just a ton of bugs. It really sucks, I wanted to experience the whole thing. Maybe it's a PC thing, though I don't know if it got a release on other platforms.
I've got the remaster version on PC, I've been meaning to give it a whirl. I originally played it on Xbox360 and it was a blast.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Remaster owns. Zero problems, looks great.

I do miss the multiplayer though. It was super fun working together to bust all the ghosts

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I just watched Ghostbusters 2016 for the first time and I... didn't hate it? I think it helped that I set my expectations at the basement rock bottom bare minimum, I guess? Like it's nowhere near as good as any of the originals and a lot of the dialogue felt ad-libbed into the ground, but I thought the ghosts looked visually cool and interesting, the whole "break the frame" thing with ghost and proton stream stuff was really novel and eye-catching, it had some neat visuals (Rowan's ghosts trapped in the mirrors looking like old-school 3D holograms for example), and the scene where Holtzmann went nuts with the dual proton pistols ruled:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqbT6RVRNsE

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yeah Holtzmann was great

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

It sucked. It was clearly all adlibbed. Wasn't she the Egon character who ate loving Pringles when seeing a ghost for the first time and existed only so they could cut to her making a face or dancing? Awful

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

2016 is fine. I think GB II, 2016, and Afterlife are all about as good as each other, so decent enough with some flaws. It should be noted the flaws and strengths are different for each, like I think 2016 is funnier than Afterlife, but Afterlife has better atmosphere and staging, so it all evens out.

It kind of sucks that 2016 and Afterlife are battlegrounds in a culture war that neither film can really sustain but it is what it is.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Michael Hat.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Link probably full of spoilers: Jason Reitman teases an Afterlife sequel by saying 'member Vigo?'

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Oh no please don't just remake GB2.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah, come up with something new, please. Or at least do a good Real Ghostbusters episode. Do Samhain or the Boogeyman.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, come up with something new, please. Or at least do a good Real Ghostbusters episode. Do Samhain or the Boogeyman.

I'd love for the Boogeyman to be involved.

Get that goat-hooved psycho homunclus on the big screen.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I wanna see a fresh baddie.

The_Doctor posted:

Like this.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Bring back Ghostbusters vs Scottish Faeries or dig into some folklore.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lmao

GB is a flat circle

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

At this point I would, in fact, take Murray the Mantis or perhaps a quiet character piece with Drool the Dog-Faced Goblin.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Get J Michael Strazinsky to write it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I would like something new please

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ghostbusters isn’t about new things

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Can’t wait for part 3 which will presumably either remake 2016 or else just cycle right back to part 1 again

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ghostbusters: 3: 3: The return of Gozer
Ghostbusters: Gozer Vs Vigo
Ghostbusters: Spider-Man No away Home

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

WonkyBob posted:

"Somehow, Vigo returned"

Ghostbusters : The Sorrow of Moldavia

From bad joke to worse reality in just over a week.

"At the end of the film the new team have to battle Vigozer, Vigo and Gozers combined ultimate form!"

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Have Ghostbusters fight Cthulhu I mean why not?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

PeterCat posted:

Because it’s not nostalgic

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

PeterCat posted:

Wouldn’t be the first time!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nevermind, I guess it is nostalgic lmfao

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

PeterCat posted:

The Collect Call of Cathulhu was a fun episode.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I heard Tobey MacGuirre is in GB:Afterline 2

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

No wait, let Dan Ackroyd write the script, unfiltered.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ghostbusters meet Hellboy

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

ruddiger posted:

Ghostbusters meet Hellboy

NINTENY SEVEN MINUTES OF BILL MURRAY SCREAMING INTO SIGOURNEY WEAVER'S rear end

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

The_Doctor posted:

That's too good. Maybe they could do the Vampires vs. Werewolves episode. Ghostbusters: Underworld guest starring Kate Beckinsale's latex-covered arse.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

For the love of Christ literally all you need to do is making anything but Vigo or Gozer. Anything! Have them fight the Blowjob Ghost and Titanic Ghost if you're desperate to not actually create something new because at least it would be loving not Vigo or Gozer.