Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Lol it would be like 3,000 pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

bonk

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Sinteres posted:

I'm assuming the darkfriend speculation is real, to where maybe he actually did have to kill her and got lucky.

Like I mentioned, I've been kind of interested in the idea that that "luck," might have been his Ta'veren nature at work. Mat's the one who gets all the buzz for that particular super-power, but I always remember when Elayne has that inner monologue about how Perrin is so strongly Ta'veren that if she makes him her enemy Andor will break on him like a wave on a rock.

I think the question of his destiny and how much control he has over his own life could be woven into the Axe/Hammer Metaphor pretty well.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Sinteres posted:

I think Brandon Sanderson said on Reddit that he suggested having him kill Master Luhhan.

iirc Rafe in his AMA said something about how he originally was going to have his mother be the blacksmith he was apprenticed to (and then kill), and have the Luhanns be involved too. But with the trimming down to 1 hour they decided to go with the lady that perrin mentions offhanded in the books to shovel it all into.

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012
Oh hey, Moraine's finally wearing her forehead thingy.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

the wheel of time

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I guess she'd probably know if they'd filmed any scenes explaining she was a darkfriend, so maybe that theory's a bust.

https://twitter.com/HelenaWesterman/status/1465373707669491723

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Tbh they need to stop responding to this stuff.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Laila being a darkfriend was like the only thing saving her noncharacter for me

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

What if in the finale, Rand has all his limbs cut off by Ishmael and then it's revealed that all 5 of them are the True Dragon Reborn, but the other 4 have to shove their heads into the gaping wounds so they form Dragotron?

Before anyone asks, Mat and Perrin are rge legs, Egwene and Nynaeve are the arms obviously.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
I think the main problem people have with it is if they try and follow the exact same timeline from the books in regards to Perrin getting together with Faile. From what I've read it's like a year and two months from the start of the first book to the end of the third where they get together officially. I don't know how long it would take me to get over the guilt and trauma of killing my own wife, but I think most people feel a year and change isn't realistic. I don't know how I'll feel about double mopey Perrin during the shaido chase arc, where he's feeling extreme guilt and anger over Faile's abduction, and now with the show the ever present guilt of killing his first wife.

This is all assuming of course that they don't make any changes to that storyline which I think is unlikely.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Nynaeve dropping a mass rez isn't a big deal imo. It's clearly a subconscious reaction to an extremely emotional situation involving a person she's starting to catch the feels for, it's not like she's gonna be off healing entire armies in the next episode. It's just a visual shorthand for saying that she's really loving powerful. Also much like Logain seeing her channel: I don't care cause it was cool

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

GORDON posted:

I wonder if we'll get backstory of this non-book wife, and why there seemed to be a lot of resentment on her face when he went to talk to her in the smithy.

"My agent told me I'd been cast in the next Game of Thrones as the wife of one of the main characters."

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Clearly Perrin's wife doesn't actually exist, no other characters ever talk to her or interact with her, any time she gets mentioned it's by his friends humoring him and his imaginary wife, this is definitely the case and I'm not going to go back and watch the episode again because that could prove my memory and theory wrong, so I'm just going to assume I'm right.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CubeTheory posted:

Clearly Perrin's wife doesn't actually exist, no other characters ever talk to her or interact with her, any time she gets mentioned it's by his friends humoring him and his imaginary wife, this is definitely the case and I'm not going to go back and watch the episode again because that could prove my memory and theory wrong, so I'm just going to assume I'm right.

Men channelling saidin do see people who aren't real :thunkher:

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

i wonder how well they'll manage the massive army scenes

got had some that looked decent, but most were comparable to the logain's follower's attack

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

ChubbyChecker posted:

i wonder how well they'll manage the massive army scenes

got had some that looked decent, but most were comparable to the logain's follower's attack

I'm trying to think of a TV series that did excellent large scale fantasy battle scenes and I am struggling. Guess its a budget issue but if would be a shame if the siege of Cairhein etc looked a little underwhelming

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Hopefully they'll be able to license that lotr army generating engine. It seems to be the only thing that works.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Good news! We hired the team behind Mortal Kombat 11 to do the SFX on Dumais Wells!

Asha'man... kill!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Sinteres posted:

I guess she'd probably know if they'd filmed any scenes explaining she was a darkfriend, so maybe that theory's a bust.

Wait what.

Then why the gently caress is Hopper eating her face?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Natural 20 posted:

Wait what.

Wolf be hungry

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Hopefully they'll be able to license that lotr army generating engine. It seems to be the only thing that works.

Just use Totally Accurate Battle Simulator. No-one will notice.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Umbra Dubium posted:

Just use Totally Accurate Battle Simulator. No-one will notice.

trollocs are basically just World of Warcraft beastmen right?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Sinteres posted:

That's exactly what a Darkfriend WOULD tweet

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Sab669 posted:

That's exactly what a Darkfriend WOULD tweet

[BOOK SPOILERS] WoT: Exactly What a Darkfriend Would Tweet

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Hellbore posted:

Oh hey, Moraine's finally wearing her forehead thingy.

Yes, this is far more appropriate than having her wear that plus heavy gold links while running through the countryside on horseback. That is to say, I really appreciated the sequence in the first episode where she's putting her gear on and it's actual riding/adventuring gear and not a gown with a frock coat, gold jewelry everywhere, and a silly white staff. Riding coat, leather suspenders, and a bigass knife are an excellent upgrade.

Natural 20 posted:

Wait what.

I assumed that wasn't Hopper and the whole thing was Ishmael loving with them, as he likes to do.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The number of goons who aren't able to understand a basic metaphor for Perrin's guilt is astounding

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rarity posted:

The number of goons who aren't able to understand a basic metaphor for Perrin's guilt is astounding

"I never thought wolves would eat my face!", cries woman who chose to worship the God of Wolves Eating Peoples Faces.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Rarity posted:

this is at least 97% of the reason I enjoy tviv threads

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gwaihir posted:

this is at least 97% of the reason I enjoy tviv threads

I acquit!

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

rocketrobot posted:

Yes, this is far more appropriate than having her wear that plus heavy gold links while running through the countryside on horseback. That is to say, I really appreciated the sequence in the first episode where she's putting her gear on and it's actual riding/adventuring gear and not a gown with a frock coat, gold jewelry everywhere, and a silly white staff. Riding coat, leather suspenders, and a bigass knife are an excellent upgrade.

I love her leather pauldrons too, although it looks much more armour-like than either the Red or Greens, who really need something more worthy of the Battle-Ajah.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The shoulder pads are very video gamey, but who cares they look neat.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
FWIW what I remember of this discussion a year and a half ago is they contracted a CGI house that specializes in digital crowds.

That's still more or less static/milling stuff though, as I understand it. Troop reviews, crowded city streets.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

there was that leaked unfinished vfx shot of a fade and an army of trollocs in tarwin's gap, so seems like they did some for the end of this season

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

"Another series which had an exceptionally high increase in demand this week was The Wheel of Time. The Prime Video show outpaced many other big hits in pre-release demand, and is currently “the most watched series premiere of the year” for the platform. The Wheel of Time was the second most in-demand series in the US with 45.2 times the average series demand."

:eyepop:

https://www.parrotanalytics.com/insights/tv-series-demand-across-all-television-platforms-for-the-us-20-26-november-2021/

I don't think r/whitecloaks is having the impact they desire :laugh:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Wait is there new mandalorian or stranger things?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Hexel posted:

I don't think r/whitecloaks is having the impact they desire :laugh:

wow....those guys are deeply sad.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Nynaeve dropping a mass rez isn't a big deal imo. It's clearly a subconscious reaction to an extremely emotional situation involving a person she's starting to catch the feels for, it's not like she's gonna be off healing entire armies in the next episode. It's just a visual shorthand for saying that she's really loving powerful. Also much like Logain seeing her channel: I don't care cause it was cool

I'm at work so I don't have my copies of the books handy, but there's at least one time in the books where Nynaeve incidentally heals other people who are close by while she's healing someone else. I think one is in TDR when the supergirls get captured and then rescued by maidens on the way to Tear, and she heals a head injury on either Egwene or Elayne and the other claims she feels better after being caught up in the eddies or something like that. Will look later.

There's also a lot of discussion at various points about how the standard healing weaves are not injury specific - you just adjust the amount of power being used so that the shock of healing doesn't kill the patient. Yellow sisters are known for their degree of delicacy and control, and they are shocked by Nynaeve, Damer, and others using different weaves.

In any case there's definitely precedent for this scene in the books, even if it never happens to this degree.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Oof, some video game show beat wheel of time? Lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

How are u posted:

Oof, some video game show beat wheel of time? Lame.

Arcane is legit very good, even as someone that doesn't play league at all.