Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
afo gave mirio his quirk :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

He definitely gave Shiggy Decay

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

christmas boots posted:

So if Kaminari is actually the traitor then his loyalties are definitely divided unless his inner monologue is lying to the reader

Whereas I believe the only inner monologue we’ve had from Hagakure is that Shoto is the cutest boy in class. Which is true, but no testament to her moral character.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kild posted:

Speaking of Aoyama, theres a possiblity his incompatibility with his quirk is from it being given by AfO. The other people who had issues with their quirks are Deku and Dabi. Deku had his quirk given and Dabi's is only when he uses the blue flames and is a failed hybrid. Meanwhile Aoyama shits himself after a few seconds of use and that's with a support item which tracks with Deku breaking his bones using OfA.

Ochako used have issues with her quirk too though. There's also Sugar guy and Kaminari.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Also, we've seen flashbacks of Aoyama getting his support item when he was a kid. Would All For One really give a quirk to a kid that makes him poo poo himself just so he can manipulate that kid into being a spy for him years later?

...wait poo poo, that's exactly something he would do, isn't it?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Rhonne posted:

Also, we've seen flashbacks of Aoyama getting his support item when he was a kid. Would All For One really give a quirk to a kid that makes him poo poo himself just so he can manipulate that kid into being a spy for him?

It's the perfect plan, you can have him swallow his messages out and leak them through the sewer system on demand.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Aoyama's quirk is actually making GBS threads himself and the navel lasers are the side effect.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

bobjr posted:

If he ended up becoming the traitor because he wanted to poop normal and All for One promised to fix that, and it’s treated as a deadly serious arc, I’d probably end up liking it.

It would be so stupid that it'd circle back around to being even more stupid.

I would also like it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Rhonne posted:

Also, we've seen flashbacks of Aoyama getting his support item when he was a kid. Would All For One really give a quirk to a kid that makes him poo poo himself just so he can manipulate that kid into being a spy for him years later?

I like how this line works no matter how stupid and convoluted the plan is since this chapter confirms he has multiple contingencies he's constantly switching between and also he does things because he thinks they're funny.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Turns out Deku is the only one who isn't a mole.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
deku could still just roll himself into a ball and wreck everybody in the school at once including the teachers

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

he could flex real hard and punch the floor and devastate the whole area

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

oh jay posted:

Everyone talked Deku back to the school so he'd be pinned there, the perfect plan.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The real traitor was the friends All For One made along the way.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rhonne posted:

The real traitor was the friends All For One made along the way.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
The story of how we all became the greatest hero, and also all for one’s friends

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Ochako used have issues with her quirk too though. There's also Sugar guy and Kaminari.

Honestly forgot about sugar guy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

oh jay posted:

Deku and AFO

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kild posted:

Honestly forgot about sugar guy.

Who?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

character whos only claim to screentime is looking like Kinnikuman

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Everyone was too blinded by All For One being Deku's dad theories that they didn't forsee Deku BEING All For One.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Once again you should probably stay off Twitter if you care about spoilers

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

character whos only claim to screentime is looking like Kinnikuman

The part where he won the Best Guy’s Room contest because he bakes to work on his quirk was kinda funny.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I can’t believe that the new chapter starts with Hagakure addressing the reader directly and revealing that you were the traitor.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
It’s about time they revealed AFO is Deku’s dad. How long has Horikoshi foreshadowed that?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

TheKingofSprings posted:

It’s about time they revealed AFO is Deku’s dad. How long has Horikoshi foreshadowed that?

At the very end when he finally steals OFA from deku and all of deku's quirk ghosts punch him to death he'll be like "well done, my son" and then fade from existence before Deku saves Shigaraki from being evil forever.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/288/my-hero-academia-chapter-336

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lmao, it was a fakeout, but the thing it swerved to was equally meaningless

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It was a fakeout! It was the cheese all along! And Aoyama used to be quirkless!

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Dec 3, 2021

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Oh. So they got found out just like that? Sure, whatever.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
gently caress, that chapter was a bummer. It’s basically a hostage situation, and ALSO is just a hosed up parallel to Deku’s own situation. And kinda proof that society overvalues quirks

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The best part of this chapter is the reveal that AFO intentionally gave Aoyama a Quirk to make him poo poo his pants and then used that as leverage to coerce him into espionage.

Everything else is kinda lame, though. Sure is convenient that they're just... expositing all of this stuff that Aoyama should already know at full volume. Also, Aoyama isn't even choosing to be a traitor and doesn't enjoy it, so where do you even go with this?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

The best part of this chapter is the reveal that AFO intentionally gave Aoyama a Quirk to make him poo poo his pants and then used that as leverage to coerce him into espionage.

It really was exactly something he would do!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think that's the first top 10 not a single girl was in.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think that's the first top 10 not a single girl was in.

Is that the top 10 or just the announcement of the next popularity poll?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

that chapter is the most disjointed mess

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
The cheese stands alone

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
The traitor is only a Scumbag Villain if they come from the Gunga Mountain region of Japan, otherwise they're just a Sparkling Jerk.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Is that the top 10 or just the announcement of the next popularity poll?

It’s the top 10, number 9 was a character from the movie that just came out, it’s dire

Mirko got less points than the gas villain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

It’s the top 10, number 9 was a character from the movie that just came out, it’s dire

Mirko got less points than the gas villain

That's pretty surprising, but I can totally see why Deku's movie boyfriend would get a ton of votes.

I never really take popularity polls too seriously since people can vote more than once and there's absolutely people out they stuffing the ballot for their favorite characters.