Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

separate kind of elf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Honestly the worst part of Stone Ocean is the (maybe slightly mistranslated) line "I can't wait to get our of this Stone Ocean"
Like what the gently caress is that writing

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

a typo?

or are you objecting to mentioning the name of the part?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's a sick line tbh.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Brandfarlig posted:

a typo?

or are you objecting to mentioning the name of the part?
Just a dumb namedrop that made me roll my eyes.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The part 7 anime will just lead to a ton of ball jokes

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's a sick line tbh.

"Get me out of this wack-rear end Stone Ocean prison"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I still can't get over the copyright name change making the naming of Jolyne's Stand a bit funnier.

"I want to free myself from this sea of stone. That's why I'm calling my Stand Stone Ocean."

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I was rereading the beginning in prep for the new episode and I had forgotten that he introduced Green Dolphin as 'the Aquarium'. He was putting in some legwork :shrug:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jotaro only gets interested in seeing his daughter when she qualifies as part of an aquarium, huh?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jotaro coming to help Josuke fight Kira only after someone inadvertently made some dolphin noises during the fight.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I still can't get over the copyright name change making the naming of Jolyne's Stand a bit funnier.

"I want to free myself from this sea of stone. That's why I'm calling my Stand Stone Ocean."

Speaking of which is that the only time we see a stand user name their own stand?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

RatHat posted:

Speaking of which is that the only time we see a stand user name their own stand?

Johnny named his and depending on the translation Kira may have as well

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

On part 8’s long final battle. I think the Funny Valentine battle was longer was it not?

Probably, but D4C and it's sections felt climactic. We didn't know that JJL was ending truly until the month before the last issue and the head doctor was very much a left field this dude is the final boss moment.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I dont know why renaming Kiss to Smack bothers me so much, haha.

Mary Lynn Manson makes me laugh though.

Darko fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Dec 1, 2021

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Probably, but D4C and it's sections felt climactic. We didn't know that JJL was ending truly until the month before the last issue and the head doctor was very much a left field this dude is the final boss moment.

I was saying for months that it was very obviously the final boss but a lot of people were in denial.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The cowards skipped female Annasui, unforgivable

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The end of the Marilyn Manson fight got trimmed a bit, too.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I think they trimmed down Jolyne's flashback too, which I think hurt the fake Jotaro reveal even if it still is funny.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Only to episode 7 so far, but off the top of my head I noticed they got rid of saying the guard looked like Tom Cruise, the scene with Jolyne being in awe at seeing a trans man, Gwess saying she named her stand after her favorite band, and the small DiU reference when Jolyne says Jotaro didn’t come back from the countryside when she was sick. Still a great adaptation though!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Goddamn this show is gorgeous

We've come so far from the rough looking part 1/2 adaptations

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Blockhouse posted:

Goddamn this show is gorgeous

We've come so far from the rough looking part 1/2 adaptations

If I had to pick which part of the Jojo anime I thought looked rough, I wouldn't have gone with 1/2.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think mid part 4 looked the roughest

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Schwarzwald posted:

If I had to pick which part of the Jojo anime I thought looked rough, I wouldn't have gone with 1/2.

The art style in 1/2 is fine but the animation is very obviously incredibly limited.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This looks about the same as all of them to me to be honest.
It has its moments of QUALITY but it's generally pretty.

I'm about half way through this drop and it's been pretty drat good so far.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

, the scene with Jolyne being in awe at seeing a trans man

Glad they're present minded enough to cut stuff like this. Not necessary then, def not now.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Do we know when the next chunk of episodes is dropping?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Every three months or so I think? It's about the same amount of time you'd have to wait to get to the start of the next block of episodes, everything just gets frontloaded to the start of every three month period.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Show looks and sounds amazing. The CG and effects work in particular popped tf off

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'm jealous of everyone watching it right now. I would watch it with my partner tonight but she's got a thing to be at so I have to wait until tomorrow after work :negative:

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The anti gravity fight was so much improved by being in animation - my biggest problem with 6 is that some of the battles are ridiculously hard to follow in the manga, so if every one improves like that (hello, Dragon's Dream), it will definitely improve my ranking of part 6.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I just discovered the jojo VS bot, which posts random matchups. Some of them are interesting to consider, like Kakyoin vs. Illuso.

Others would be hilariously one-sided or dumb, like

https://twitter.com/JoJoVSBot/status/1465410559986253826

or

https://twitter.com/JoJoVSBot/status/1465607232310104064

or

https://twitter.com/JoJoVSBot/status/1465139259292143617

(tbh my money would be on Hayato managing it somehow)

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Hayato would absolutely manage, that kid is resourceful. And would he even kill Carne in the first place?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I bet Holy would destroy Santana.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ethiser posted:

I bet Holy would destroy Santana.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It would be kind of funny if Holy had some absolutely devastating Stand but was too nice to really use it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

bobjr posted:

It would be kind of funny if Holy had some absolutely devastating Stand but was too nice to really use it.

It was devastating

But only against herself

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it was hermit purple 2

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Aurora posted:

it was hermit purple 2

I always figured it was something like that, but with life-draining properties. If it wasn't eating her and she could control it maybe she could sap someone quicker than a month

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Aurora posted:

it was hermit purple 2
The secret was the vines were draining her life force to convert it into hyper-hamon channeled outside her body. Santana would be annihilated.

The 50 day illness should've been her hell climb pillar, and Joseph just needed to teach her breathing exercises to manage it.

Gruckles fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Gruckles posted:

The secret was the vines were draining her life force to convert it into hyper-hamon channeled outside her body. Santana would be annihilated.

The 50 day illness should've been her hell climb pillar, and Joseph just needed to teach her breathing exercises to manage it.

That would have been so good. I'd trade at least two of the pre Egypt fights for that