Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

My favourite part of the first batch of the anime ending with the frogs means the second batch is going to kick off with absolute chaos. Limp Bizkit, Survivor, Planet Waves, all one after another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

That would have been so good. I'd trade at least two of the pre Egypt fights for that

wheel of fortune for sure

dark blue moon? the only part of that fight worth anything is the cigarette blood vessel prank

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

bobjr posted:

It would be kind of funny if Holy had some absolutely devastating Stand but was too nice to really use it.

This reminds me I was waiting for Part 8 Holly to bust out her stand at some point. :smith:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The real question is whether she has a Music stand or a Tarot stand. There's an entire Minor Arcana we haven't touched yet.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's December and we still have no clues or teasers or anything on JOJOLANDS. Was the run-up to SBR or JJL similarly quiet?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

YggiDee posted:

The real question is whether she has a Music stand or a Tarot stand. There's an entire Minor Arcana we haven't touched yet.

There's got to be one band that named themselves after a tarot card so her stand can be both types.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's December and we still have no clues or teasers or anything on JOJOLANDS. Was the run-up to SBR or JJL similarly quiet?

God, Jojolands and Jojolion have the same abbreviation

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Question: I forget, does anyone in Part 6 ever actually name Sports Maxx's Stand or is it only mentioned in, like, one of those Stand summary pages in between chapters? I desperately need to know if we're going to ever get to hear someone say "Flaccid Pancake" in the dub.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Arist posted:

Question: I forget, does anyone in Part 6 ever actually name Sports Maxx's Stand or is it only mentioned in, like, one of those Stand summary pages in between chapters? I desperately need to know if we're going to ever get to hear someone say "Flaccid Pancake" in the dub.

"Limp Bizkit, the one who emerges from the dark, who indulges in the dark..."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I forgot his name was Sports Maxx

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I also forgot that, I had to look it up

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
I had forgotten a lot of early part 6, Gwess quoting Genesis and concluding with "and so that's why i named my ability Goo Goo Dolls" made me actually laugh out loud.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm very glad that they had Gwess do the cadence of Jolene, even if they probably couldn't have her actually sing it.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

His localized name is Sports Maximum, which is pretty great too

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I also forgot about Manhattan Transfer and thought his name was John Gaulier or some normal poo poo for a second but no. Johngalli A.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I totally forgot about the dream sequence, so it got me loving twice with a reveal I had previously known then glossed over. God I love JoJos.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

he's in the episode 12 postcredits!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It's always funny to me that Whitesnake just uses A Gun. On multiple occasions.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

It's america

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Just think of how many stand fights would have ended faster if the stand just up and used a gun instead of their often specific and convoluted ways of killing people

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Whitesnake getting characterization as this incredibly put-upon guy just doing a job is amazing.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Whitesnake getting characterization as this incredibly put-upon guy just doing a job is amazing.

It even sighs when Pucci tells it to go back out to the courtyard to make sure Jolyne is dead.

Also, it's Japanese voice is so perfect. I want to listen to it say "McQueen" all day.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Glad people can appreciate that Part 6 is really good now that the action is legible

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

It even sighs when Pucci tells it to go back out to the courtyard to make sure Jolyne is dead.
"Sigh. Here I go again, on my own."

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
With Warner's hellbent focus on cross brand synergy, do you think we might actually get to see Bohemian Rhapsody in action? Just replace Mickey with Bugs, Disney with Universal, Spider-Man with . . . okay, Batman's too high profile for a cameo like that probably. But I think we might have a nonzero chance of actually seeing the stand unleash a bunch of cameos.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I can see Annasui saying "If there's no Bugs, this poo poo ain't Warner!".

It won't be the same though.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The Bee posted:

With Warner's hellbent focus on cross brand synergy, do you think we might actually get to see Bohemian Rhapsody in action? Just replace Mickey with Bugs, Disney with Universal, Spider-Man with . . . okay, Batman's too high profile for a cameo like that probably. But I think we might have a nonzero chance of actually seeing the stand unleash a bunch of cameos.

this is the manga thread

also spider-man is literally like, a hand. it wouldn't be that high profile of a cameo

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Funky Valentine posted:

"Sigh. Here I go again, on my own."

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I can see Annasui saying "If there's no Bugs, this poo poo ain't Warner!".

It won't be the same though.
"This poo poo ain't Looney Tunes!!" sounds pretty good

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

When JP Whitesnake talks, all I hear is Evil Panda

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://twitter.com/naratica/status/1464911049161797638

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Arist posted:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think people overstate Bohemian Rhapsody. I believe the only copyrighted characters that are seen in full and not just like a hand or a name drop are Kenshiro and Raoh, and those are Jump characters, so that's a bit easier to manage.

E: But also WHERE THE gently caress IS BUGS? IT'S NOT SIX FLAGS IF THERE'S NO BUGS

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I cannot loving wait to see people react to Bohemian Rhapsody

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They're going to change the poo poo out of it, just be prepared for that

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's gonna be Space Jam 3

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Where the gently caress is Lebron?!

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

We’re lucky Stone Ocean takes place before Rick and Morty came out, if they use Warner Bros owned properties.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

Where the gently caress is Lebron?!

Under World digs up the Miami Heats instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Can we have a moment of appreciate for the sound effect when entering or exiting Burning Down The House? It's as satisfying as the Cream/The Hand sound.