Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The speed champions-esque police car is ugly as gently caress. And then the next three police oriented sets have perfectly tolerable police cars. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Never really been super impressed by the animal Creator sets but the brick-built stripes on that tiger are pretty rad.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I'm usually immune to minifigures but I want Luke Skywalker with Bluemilk so bad, looks like its something to do with that lego starwars game thats been delayed like seven times?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

I'm excited to see what MOC'ers do with tub time

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Mr Phillby posted:

I'm usually immune to minifigures but I want Luke Skywalker with Bluemilk so bad, looks like its something to do with that lego starwars game thats been delayed like seven times?

It comes with the special edition of Lego Skywalker Saga, there's versions for all the main platforms. In the UK and EU they're all sold out on amazon but I've found a few other UK sellers that still stock it but I'm not sure it's worth the £60 for me, even if I do want the game.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Just finished updating my 2022 spreadsheet to plan my buys. Thankfully there's a drug store in my country that sells a lot of the stuff I look for well below RRP, and they often have 'Buy two, get 25% off' deals to keep it manageable.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The Rocket Launch center is cool
As is the safe, I'm glad I bought it.
Also I kinda want to edit those franch bulldogs to make them look like my dog...

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I received a notification that the first round of the bricklink thing is going to charge soon with shipping sometime shortly thereafter.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
Yeah

quote:

Thanks for shopping with us!

Your BrickLink Designer Program set is getting ready to ship! Woohoo!

Since we’ll be charging the card you used to place your order soon, it’ll be a good time to make sure your card is still valid and you have money available in your account. We don’t want to have you wait any longer before you can get building.

Once we’ve packed your order and it’s on its way to you, we’ll send another email to let you know.

This was way sooner than I expected. Especially since I got into wave 2 of the boat.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

I want the Friendship Tree House, the Creator Tiger, and the green Ninjago dragon.

edit - and the Minecraft Fox House!

Prophet of Nixon fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 2, 2021

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

What is the round building with the opening roof panels in the upcoming City Spaceport set supposed to be?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Prophet of Nixon posted:

What is the round building with the opening roof panels in the upcoming City Spaceport set supposed to be?

An observatory, it looks like.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

w00tazn posted:

Yeah

This was way sooner than I expected. Especially since I got into wave 2 of the boat.

Yeah I thought I was gonna have to wait until June for my Kakapo. This is a very nice Christmas surprise

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Long shot ask... anyone holding a new (hell or even used, if its complete?) Santa's Sleigh 40499? I discovered it too late this year and it's sold out. I need it for the modular city street Christmas display I put in the window with my kids. I don't mind paying a little more but trying to avoid eBay gouging.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

That Tiger is great

Friends continues to be better than City too.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

30562: Monkie Kid's Underwater Journey

cheap readily available skeletons.

not real happy that school days and police ice cream truck chase are both elements in the thing I'm working on.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Speaking of the designer program, the Venetian Houses set preorder is almost sold out so get it now if you want it.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
drat I can't wait for that 6-piece Lunar New Year model

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Nice to see pics for all those sets but I'm still curious what the modular will be.

w00tazn posted:

Same here with the Fishing Boat in the second wave. But I wonder if this is just a mass email that's going out to everyone who bought something in that round regardless of if it was for the original run or the extension. However I still have to hold out hope that we'll get it sooner rather than later- if they already know how many people are buying one, then it shouldn't be a problem making them all now as opposed to some now, some later.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Friends continues to be better than City too.

Yeah, the Friends sets in previous years have had my attention, but these ones have my interest.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Futanari Damacy posted:

Yeah, the Friends sets in previous years have had my attention, but these ones have my interest.

The just-now-retired Friends wildlife sets have two of the best landscapes I think Lego has ever released. That large Monkie Kid landscape set is nice too.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Does anyone know how long it is taking for Lego to actually ship orders? I don't like how they create the label and email me the tracking number and then just don't do anything with it for four days.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
What’s the deal with the gold rings in the Bird of Paradise set. If even calls out in the instructions that no other set has as many of them but they are buried in the vase portion as spacers where you’ll never see them in the finished build.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

What’s the deal with the gold rings in the Bird of Paradise set. If even calls out in the instructions that no other set has as many of them but they are buried in the vase portion as spacers where you’ll never see them in the finished build.

They’re just used as spacers, and that it has the most of any set is just a fun fact

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The new technic sets for first half of 2022 dropped.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-technic-2022-neuheiten/131061/

The Formula E car has to be a bad joke. If you can‘t realize something in a given scale, either not do it, or become Carbohydrates and find a way. The parts used for the front axle/cover over the front wheels is a bad joke.

Digital War
May 28, 2006

Ahhh, poetry.
The new creator-expert train is a huge disappointment. Who was clamoring for a 4 stud wide high speed train? It's not a great model and certainly not what Lego train fans have been hoping for.
Only things that piqued my interest were the Chinese new year sets.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Awww a microfighter Razor Crest!

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

Digital War posted:

The new creator-expert train is a huge disappointment. Who was clamoring for a 4 stud wide high speed train? It's not a great model and certainly not what Lego train fans have been hoping for.

Yeah I couldn't believe when I saw that train. It looks like about 5 mins was spent on design, and four wide--what's the point? I mean Lego trains are at this point pretty much a like a bastard stepchild, but this one really I have no idea even who is it for.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Digital War posted:

It’s akin to the 4 wide Creator taxi cab. It’s not even a 3in1, it’s just the train.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

SkeletonHero posted:

Never really been super impressed by the animal Creator sets but the brick-built stripes on that tiger are pretty rad.

Oh poo poo! I've got an orange coloured moc I largely gave up on and those new bits might be just the shot in the arm it needs.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

tuo posted:

The new technic sets for first half of 2022 dropped.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-technic-2022-neuheiten/131061/

The Formula E car has to be a bad joke. If you can‘t realize something in a given scale, either not do it, or become Carbohydrates and find a way. The parts used for the front axle/cover over the front wheels is a bad joke.

Yeah but Monster Jam Megalodon makes up for whatever crap that is.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Cojawfee posted:

Does anyone know how long it is taking for Lego to actually ship orders? I don't like how they create the label and email me the tracking number and then just don't do anything with it for four days.

I ordered the UCS AT-AT when it released at midnight last week and it showed up on Wednesday.

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

Cojawfee posted:

My experience is that most items are shipped within 4-6 days

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Anyone know of or use any kind of earth friendly-ish storage bags? I got too many sets on display and want to disassemble some of them without dumping all the parts into my greater collection. The obvious choice is to sort them into ziploc bags, but they're not very durable and single use plastics suck. I'm also kind of against hard sided storage bins because in a lot of cases that would result in the disassembled set taking up more space than the built version.

Muslin drawstring bags seem like a good candidate but they aren't really sold in an assortment of sizes.. I'd be committed to buying bulk packs of 20-50 in whatever sizes I might want. Zippers might be preferable too, drawstrings have a tendency to loosen up over time.

I'm not totally against plastic, nylon bags would work too but eyeballing stuff on amazon says it's going to be a lot more expensive if I buy a lot of them.

So I'm curious if anyone has any other awesome ideas I haven't stumbled on yet.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Digital War posted:

It's not an Expert set, just regular Creator. It's just a 4-wide mini train. It'll be, like, $15-20. What's the big deal? It's not even the first small scale Creator train, iirc.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

xzzy posted:

Anyone know of or use any kind of earth friendly-ish storage bags? I got too many sets on display and want to disassemble some of them without dumping all the parts into my greater collection. The obvious choice is to sort them into ziploc bags, but they're not very durable and single use plastics suck. I'm also kind of against hard sided storage bins because in a lot of cases that would result in the disassembled set taking up more space than the built version.

Muslin drawstring bags seem like a good candidate but they aren't really sold in an assortment of sizes.. I'd be committed to buying bulk packs of 20-50 in whatever sizes I might want. Zippers might be preferable too, drawstrings have a tendency to loosen up over time.

I'm not totally against plastic, nylon bags would work too but eyeballing stuff on amazon says it's going to be a lot more expensive if I buy a lot of them.

Look for delicate wash/laundry bags. They’re usually zippered mesh bags.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

xzzy posted:

Brown paper lunch bags? You could staple them shut.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

xzzy posted:

The obvious choice is to sort them into ziploc bags, but they're not very durable and single use plastics suck.
Ziplocs can be reused :confused: I guess it depends on how many you think you're going to use.

I've used a combo of Ziplocs, paper bags, and various plastic storage tubs over the years. TBH buying a couple dozen plastic bags is just a, heh, drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things.

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Dec 3, 2021

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Yeah every time I buy used Lego they come in ziplocs and I reuse them, and keep all the extras stacked in the largest on the rest will fit in. They're of course in rough shape because you can see where pieces had been poking at them all over but they aren't at any risk of breaking open, so if it's just going into storage they're fine.

Alternatively, when I disassembled a used Hogwarts castle for a friend's daughter to build, it was something like 38 bags so I quickly ran out of ziplocs and used old comic book bags I deemed unsuitable for comics and just stapled them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I use bags like these for other stuff. The zippers can fail, but they are reasonably tough.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...728243912%22%7D