Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

I think people overstate Bohemian Rhapsody. I believe the only copyrighted characters that are seen in full and not just like a hand or a name drop are Kenshiro and Raoh, and those are Jump characters, so that's a bit easier to manage.
This right here. I think the only characters that will 100% need to be changed are just Spider-Man's hand and Mickey Mouse's tail along with some namedrops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Spider-Man panel is very funny so I hope they replace him with Batman or Superman. Guy just really wanted to be the first to shake Spider-Man’s hand

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I am willing to accept “where the gently caress is bugs bunny” as a substitute

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I will mourn the loss of the wonderful line "That poo poo ain't Disney" however

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
"I want to see the Ninja Turtles, dammit. Where the gently caress is Mikey!? If there's no Mikey, that poo poo ain't TMNT!"

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
I don't think anyone cares about actual Spider Man, the "If there's no Mickey that poo poo isn't Disney" is a godlike line.
The entire fight is great, but it's that one line that became so beloved, not just "jojo had astroboy" or whatever

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

They're gonna replace that character that defeats Bohemian Rhaspbody with Ultra Instinct Shaggy.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'M GOING TO SHAKE VELMA'S HAND BEFORE ANYONE ELSE

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

It'll be legally distinct Bisney characters like Ricky Rat and Scorpion Man

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Vookatos posted:

I don't think anyone cares about actual Spider Man, the "If there's no Mickey that poo poo isn't Disney" is a godlike line.
The entire fight is great, but it's that one line that became so beloved, not just "jojo had astroboy" or whatever

Oh, without a doubt. But Warner's been hilariously desperate for crossovers, so I can see them taking this chance being served up on a silver platter.

Also clearly it'll be noted WB character Lebron James defeating Bohemian Rhapsody.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The anime needs to fix this egregious error

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Arist posted:

It's gonna be Space Jam 3

Ready Player Three coming soon to a Bizarre Adventure near you

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I want to see a stand battle between N'Dhoul and Johnghalli A.
And also between Gwess and Formaggio.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I hadn't realised how rock human weird some stone ocean characters are until the anime.

Jumping Jack Flash's user would not look remotely out of place in JJL

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Thats just what us floridians look like

Stone Ocean is the most true to florida life work of fiction ever made

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

bubbo looks like the warden

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I hadn't realised how rock human weird some stone ocean characters are until the anime.

Lang Rangler looks pretty similar to Urban Guerrilla

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

he also kind of looks like cioccolata

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

El Burbo posted:

The anime needs to fix this egregious error

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-34Fdtg1dI

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Lang Wrangler crawling on the floor with suction cup fingers while wearing a prison-approved roach suit with unused shoes tied to his legs is some phenomenally surreal poo poo

FirstAidKite posted:

Lang Rangler looks pretty similar to Urban Guerrilla

Interestingly, Weather Report hard counters Urban Guerilla just as Gappy does with Lang Rangler. Brain Storm's only weakness is water and Soft & Wet's bubbles can almost certainly move in zero gravity

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

If I had a dollar for every time I met a stand user in a brown gimp suit who walks around on all fours and attacks by spitting on people, I would have two dollars. Which isn’t a lot, but it’s weird that it happened twice.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

oh excuse me i meant secco

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

zetamind2000 posted:

Lang Wrangler crawling on the floor with suction cup fingers while wearing a prison-approved roach suit with unused shoes tied to his legs is some phenomenally surreal poo poo

Interestingly, Weather Report hard counters Urban Guerilla just as Gappy does with Lang Rangler. Brain Storm's only weakness is water and Soft & Wet's bubbles can almost certainly move in zero gravity

Soft & Wet Go Beyond is probably a hard counter to most stands too, given its power is essentially "doesn't exist but will kill you regardless"

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

tusk act 4, GER, etc

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm still salty that Eyes of Heaven's story was The World Over Heaven is so good it can counter anything and everything...

Also Star Platinum gets the upgrade too and he can just punch it again to kill it.

It had a full JoJo line ORA ORA ORA potential moment just begging to be exploited and nothin

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/JoJoVSBot/status/1466634047724175361

That would be crazy

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Dec 3, 2021

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dio sweeps imo

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I can see hamon, at worst, giving him a little trouble but nothing more

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

dr.acula posted:

And also between Gwess and Formaggio.

I feel like Formaggio has a big advantage in that fight.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

multijoe posted:

I can see hamon, at worst, giving him a little trouble but nothing more

Ok, but what if someone spat a rose at him first?

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Long as open flames are never a factor, ever, our boy Dio's got this on lock.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

That whole being able to freeze the air around him in an instant probably would have come in handy against Jotaro

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/JoJoVSBot/status/1466709271366750210

lol this one posted today as well

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

dr.acula posted:

That whole being able to freeze the air around him in an instant probably would have come in handy against Jotaro

As I recall, that ability was said to be usable because Dio was in 100% control of his body on a cellular level. So he probably couldn't use it anymore while he was still fusing with Jonathan.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Aurora posted:

tusk act 4, GER, etc

Does GER beat Soft & Wet Go Beyond, though? Since Go Beyond specifically exists outside of all natural rules, even cause and effect.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I also don't know if GER could beat Wonder of U as it's passive.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

GER even ceased to exist after the arrow fell out or it certainly had some limitations because if anything should have got the 'return to zero' treatment it's Made In Heaven forcing Giorno to experience the end of the universe

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

As I recall, that ability was said to be usable because Dio was in 100% control of his body on a cellular level. So he probably couldn't use it anymore while he was still fusing with Jonathan.

Honestly I just like the idea that DIO's so drunk on stand power that he doesn't even consider for a second that he's also a vampire

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Arzaac posted:

Honestly I just like the idea that DIO's so drunk on STANDO POWAAA that he doesn't even consider for a second that he's also a vampire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Arzaac posted:

Honestly I just like the idea that DIO's so drunk on stand power that he doesn't even consider for a second that he's also a vampire

Alternate timeline where DIO wins, but then immediately dies because he steps out into daylight.