Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Can't remember the last time I was as happy with a loss as Auburn vs. UConn today. Last year Auburn loses that kind of game handily, maybe makes it single digits in garbage time, but never really threatens. No shame in finding the tank empty in double OT against a really good team with more experience than you. If that's how they lose big games in November, they will be winning them in March.

KD Johnson was really the revelation here. Knew he was good at Georgia but he took that game over (and maybe should've given it back a little in 2OT instead of attempting the same low-percentage 3 on like three consecutive possessions, but whatever).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

This is a historically bad Syracuse team. Maybe making a team out of your kids and their friends wasn't a good idea. I predict the winning season streak is over.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Doesn’t look like Loyola Chicago has it this year. Maybe they can put it together later in the year.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Today at thanksgiving I learned I have a cousin who plays for Illinois, I’ve never met him though

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Iowa State knocked off Xavier and Memphis back to back and will be ranked next week. This team is way better than I thought they would be.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

This is the best basketball play I’ve ever seen. Don’t @ me

https://twitter.com/cyclonembb/status/1464448055890092037?s=21

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
UC Davis lost by 19 to Academy of Art University, a for-profit arts school that for some reason also plays at the D2 level. I dunno if the rankings at that level are any good but regardless AoAU is not in the top 25 or in others receiving votes

editing to add the important information that their mascot is the Urban Knights

elentar fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Nov 29, 2021

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Man, remember when everyone was thinking that Penny Hardaway was going to dominate at Memphis?

I'm pretty excited: I moved to New England at the start of the year, and 2 months later, Tech announced a basketball game in Providence, RI. So of course, I'm gonna go see it. Someone was selling suite seats for $11/ea. Probably not a great view, but seems fun and rather humorous to go sit in someone's suite. Still thinking about buying a 2nd set of tickets somewhere else, just in case the suite sucks butt.

Tech's not played anyone with a pulse yet this year. Hasn't been challenged at all, really. Defense still tries to be good, but there's much more emphasis on offense with Adams as HC. Our 3 point shooters are pretty cold, but Shannon is back, and hopefully McCullar is healthy in time for the game Wednesday. Either way, should be fun.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
gently caress Duke. This is outrageous

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Clones are 19th and Memphis is 18th, huh? I guess I shouldn't complain about being ranked, I didn't expect that to happen all season.

code:
1 Duke(51)
2 Purdue (9)	
3 Gonzaga (1) 
4 Baylor 
5 UCLA		
6 Villanova 
7 Texas 	
8 Kansas 
9 Kentucky 	
10 Arkansas 
11 Arizona 
12 BYU 
13 Tennessee 
14 Florida 
15 Houston 
16 Alabama 	
17 UConn
18 Memphis 
19 Iowa State
20 USC 
21 Auburn 
22 Michigan State	
23 Wisconsin
24 Michigan 
25 Seton Hall 

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 29, 2021

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
gently caress. Duke.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
FSU is one of the teams that can normally match Purdue's size, but their 7'4 and 7'2 big men are both hurt, and RayQuan Evans, their starting PG, is going to be attending his brother's funeral.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
big thanks to the Buckeyes for making sure we wouldn't have to endure #1 Duke through the entirety of December

Purdue definitely deserves the slot anyway

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

elentar posted:

big thanks to the Buckeyes for making sure we wouldn't have to endure #1 Duke through the entirety of December

Purdue definitely deserves the slot anyway

Got to beat Iowa Friday first, and if anyone knows how to dick-trip at crucial times it is Purdue.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I NEED THIS

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

gently caress Duke, thank you.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Watch Purdue lose to Iowa next. #1 is a curse

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Cannot fathom the #2 team losing to the unranked one in a Purdue/Iowa matchup

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
lol duke lost

.... to tOSU?

wat

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Robert Dillingham (2023 PG) just committed to NC State but I would be astonished if he spends even a minute enrolled there.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I hope it's not too late to say :lol: gently caress Duke

It is never too late to say gently caress Duke

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
gently caress Duke is always relevant.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1466227058753875971

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I have no idea how every year Pac-12 writers write Pac-12 preview articles with like multiple people that all manage to be awful at it.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I was at the Tech v Providence game last night. It was a brutal game, foul-wise: any contact was called a foul and Tech had their best player sitting on the bench from 10 minutes left in the first until 7 minutes left in the 2nd, effectively.

Tech struggled with the zone without Shannon in the game. Without the switch to the zone and the foul trouble, Tech buries providence big. With it, it wound up a 4 point loss.

Going to have to figure out how to break the zone, especially zone after press, or it's going to be a long, hard season for TTU.

On the whole, Tech's got a lot of potential and should be a tourney team. Need a good Q1 win in non-conference.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/umterps/status/1466830576518938626?t=uVTELIa36HRMnmXpvmHuew&s=19

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

:lol:

a coach and a program who really deserved each other, sad to see them part ways

Danny Manning is going to be interim coach, apparently he got hired as an assistant last April

elentar fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Dec 3, 2021

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Lol, they tied for the conference title last season. He certainly underperformed with his talent most years, and had a slow start this year, but it wasn't bad enough for a December firing.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Yea is something else going on? That seems like it's way too early in the season to pull the plug on a coach like that.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I gave up on following the terps when they switched conferences. Feel bad for the turgid man tho

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

The entire fan base stayed after the game to boo him the other night, and a player entered the portal yesterday. He really did get screwed by the COVID year, but he was there a decade and made it out of the opening weekend of the Tourney one time.

Still, can't remember a performance-based firing this early into a season.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

haha of course https://twitter.com/scott7news/status/1466858059523895297?s=21

this is at a school where upwards of 15% of students face food insecurity and employees are asked periodically to donate to a campus pantry to help them out

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I cannot emphasize how much of a dump UMD is. All the money going to the wrong things. The IKEA next door is in better shape.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

not looking forward to the coachless Terps beating the absolute poo poo out of northwestern on sunday

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Ungratek posted:

I cannot emphasize how much of a dump UMD is. All the money going to the wrong things. The IKEA next door is in better shape.

now now I’m told the Northrop Grumman secure site and the Sidney Gottlieb memorial lab are quite nice. also solid ice cream

(I really loved teaching there, fantastic students, fun classes, actively poisonous admin, easily the worst I’ve ever had to deal with)

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

ok back on topic
https://twitter.com/TheAndyKatz/status/1466928051426582535?s=20

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Hoping the illini are figuring poo poo out

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

HOW THE gently caress IS BRAD DAVISON STILL PLAYING FOR WISCONSIN

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

mastershakeman posted:

Hoping the illini are figuring poo poo out

Same with Michigan. Looking like it’s starting to come together with Collins, Brooks, Houstan, Williams, and Dickinson here in the second half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Regnevelc posted:

Same with Michigan. Looking like it’s starting to come together with Collins, Brooks, Houstan, Williams, and Dickinson here in the second half.

I wasn't on Team Start Frankie

I'm now on Team Start Frankie

He's got the same thing Diabate has - poo poo just happens when he's running around Doing Things when everything was an unhappy mess with Jones out there. We'll see if it's a flash in the pan, but man that was a lot better to watch, even without Diabate.