Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Halt And Catch Fire is only on Netflix for like 8 more days, if you haven't seen it and don't have AMC+, I'd recommend you catch at least the first two seasons while you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Shard posted:

Freedom Fighters was one of those games that just showed up one day and was a lot better than you thought it was gonna be. A real surprise. I don't find those as often these days. I also miss the days of solid B-Level games.

I dunno you still get this in the indie scene, like I loved Harvest Moon as a kid and nowadays Starkey Valley just comes outta nowhere. My current B-level game is Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries, hardly AAA but I'm havin lots of fun playing a big stompy robo man doing war crimes for profit.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I Before E posted:

Halt And Catch Fire is only on Netflix for like 8 more days, if you haven't seen it and don't have AMC+, I'd recommend you catch at least the first two seasons while you can.

Absolutely love this show. Did a rewatch last year and as it was ending it hit me how much I’d miss those characters and wish I knew what they were up to now.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Do you think Daffy and Donald Duck could get along if they were just able to see past their inflated egos?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

NienNunb posted:

Do you think Daffy and Donald Duck could get along if they were just able to see past their inflated egos?

The one time we saw that... Well, no, they couldn't get along.

https://youtu.be/JSIw0nD5GT0

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

absolute banger

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This is my fav

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okEluVGlWio

And here is some cool backstory to it that I found in the Woolie Vs LP. Btw check that whole thing out because it's a great LP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjiOY0qm-jk&t=1274s

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

NienNunb posted:

Donald has historically been pretty tolerant of a variety of personality types, only losing his temper at his own failings or the outside actions of cruel chipmunks/his nephews. it's on Daffy to not give into his baser nature and behave like an rear end hole, really

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who would win in a fight between baloo's child friend and donald's nephews. 1v1 but they get to all go in a row and count as one. but the child friend was a pirate

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Cavauro posted:

who would win in a fight between baloo's child friend and donald's nephews. 1v1 but they get to all go in a row and count as one. but the child friend was a pirate

If it’s a fight in the air, I think Baloos friend Kit could win because he has cool moves with his air wing while we’ve never seen Huey , Dewey or Louie fly. I think only the junior woodchuck scout could give kit a challenge.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

HDL are friends with Hazel the Witch, who possesses the powerful spell that makes you kick yourself in your own dick. Can she help? I know you said 1v1 but I didnt know if they could maybe call her in like a Marvel vs Capcom tag special under this ruleset

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wonder if kit could pass as a gummi bear, and if he would bounce if he drank the juice. if not then i wonder who would win in a fight between him and cubbi (using the juice)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

i wonder if kit could pass as a gummi bear, and if he would bounce if he drank the juice. if not then i wonder who would win in a fight between him and cubbi (using the juice)

I’ll be consulting with my pastor this coming Sunday about this. I’ll report back with his perspective on the matter.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

NienNunb posted:

I’ll be consulting with my pastor this coming Sunday about this. I’ll report back with his perspective on the matter.

Shane's priest when he smells the familiar aroma of Hamburger Sauce enter the confessional booth and knows his next 45 minutes is going to revolve around the hypothetical combat prowess of various 1990s Disney Channel cartoon characters

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I’ve got like an hour left in the last Expanse book. Way more anxious over the outcome of a book than I should be.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the "yuki" episode of pen15 was pretty good and is probably watchable without watching the show, as a shortfilm in the vein of a lot of early 2000s japanese cinema

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pen15 was very funny when I watched it.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

why is it called penis

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don’t remember. I’m sorry, for failing you like this.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I think I've asked this here before, but it bears repeating. So I started streaming to raise money for my local children's hospital. One of my incentives is called the Wheel of Classics.

Since we made my incentive this year, I'm going to put some classic PC games on the wheel, spin it and play what we land on.

I need some classic PC games to put on the wheel. I stopped playing games around Star Trek: A Final Unity and didn't restart until Civilization 5; it is my understanding that a couple of good games might have been released in that time. So what would you all consider classics?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Half Life
Myst
Math Blaster
Roller Coaster Tycoon
Kramer Hentai Adventure II

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

why is it called penis

Do you want to join the Pen15 club

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

i'm not a soulslike guy as I get frustrated very easily, and have bounced off of bloodborne like three times already. caught a youtube video about some of the lore which i fuckin love so we're gonna see if it's a fourth time tonight

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I’m going to see The Matrix in a theater for the first time next week.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I’m going to see The Matrix in a theater for the first time next week.

It’s great in a cinema. Holds up really well

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Critical posted:

i'm not a soulslike guy as I get frustrated very easily, and have bounced off of bloodborne like three times already. caught a youtube video about some of the lore which i fuckin love so we're gonna see if it's a fourth time tonight

Tips: Go all in on health, use the axe and remember spin to win. Use the 2 handed version and charge up the spin attack for an answer to a lot of problems. And call in help for the bosses.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ibexaz posted:

Everyone already knows about Katamari Damacy and it's not like it's difficult to play nowadways with the recent PC release, but no discussion of PS2 gems is complete without highlighting how incredible that game and its soundtrack is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhlW2roqg7Y

That game was my goto LSD and vidya selection. I know its heresy, but I muted the soundtrack because the game paired really well with Pink Floyd's Meddle album. The soundtrack is very very very very good tho.

Basically anything before The Wall by Pink Floyd is great music. While The Wall itself is an incredible contribution to rock, its really not that great of album to listen to compared to previous entries.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Shard posted:

Tips: Go all in on health, use the axe and remember spin to win. Use the 2 handed version and charge up the spin attack for an answer to a lot of problems. And call in help for the bosses.

I got the saw spear and one shot the cleric beast, got two hits away from killing gascoine and I accidentally dropped my lock on and got loving mauled to death when i dodged into him instead of circling him. the last phase is drat near a one shot kill, he just dives on me once i get knocked down and fucks my poo poo up

i do enjoy betting on which dipshit on the bridge will survive the flaming boulder. so far it's pitchfork guy twice and shield guy once.

i have adopted the "once you clear an area just run past everything after you die" strat and it's made things much less painful

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you would ask someone if they want to join the pen fifteen club then write PEN15 on their arm/hand. thhat's why

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cavauro posted:

you would ask someone if they want to join the pen fifteen club then write PEN15 on their arm/hand. thhat's why

no

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Finished Strange Journey(or rather got to a place where I started thinking about re-rolling because no autosave and I forgot to save and I got married to a choice I didn't like) so I started poking around at the other roms I bagged.

Code of Princess- still a big titty RPG with interesting brawler controls. Not a whole lot going on for it beyond titillation.

Etrian Odyssey Nexus- you gotta draw your own map. Even if you tell it to draw the fuckin thing, you still gotta stop and add in doors and poo poo. Not a whole lot going for the combat system.

SMT Soul Hackers- very cool, very oldschool SMT style game with a slight upgrade in graphics and VA over the DS rom.

SMT IV: Apocalypse- holy poo poo I thought this was just a remake of SMT IV with some added content. Turns out its a whole story based on an alternate retelling of the SMT IV game where the main character wiped out a couple of factions and is now proceeding to make war on both angels and demons. Meanwhile your character is a local resident of Tokyo doing anime boyfriend poo poo. And mugging demons.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i was playing starcraft and someone said can anyone help me with a math problem and i said sure cause i was a helpful kid very non-cynical so i said sure, and he says what's pen10 plus pen5? so i thought about it and i said pen15 and all of a sudden my whole world turned upside down. i was kicked from the game and suspended from playing starcraft. i think they thought i was saying penis. i think about this anytime that pen15 show comes up, and as a result i hate it and im glad its getting cancelled. and that's all i have to say onnnn that.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
sunshine heavy industries is a v nice, cute game about designing space ships

its is made by ben driscoll, who made the webcomic daisy owl which is also v nice and cute

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

aws come back pweez i need to work

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

pro work chud????

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

just doinf my paert

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

yea ok posted:

aws come back pweez i need to work

gently caress that poo poo I'm 48 minutes away from having a "work day" that had me fall asleep twice and take half hour bathroom breaks. It has been a WONDERFUL Tuesday.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I have a head cold rn can someone bring me some soup?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

NienNunb posted:

I have a head cold rn can someone bring me some soup?

I have tried several times but the post office has told me that if I try to mail a manila envelope full of several ladles of gumbo one more time they will send the post officers who can carry guns after me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Bluedeanie posted:

I have tried several times but the post office has told me that if I try to mail a manila envelope full of several ladles of gumbo one more time they will send the post officers who can carry guns after me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtR0F3wndfI&t=188s