Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm not as confident about the bronco but Palmer def gonna get hit by that truck.

Man I hope we get to drive the truck though

Or, like, hit it towards him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The last boss of ff7re part 2 is going to be another manifestation of destiny
Shaped like a truck

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think they'll keep the Tiny Bronco and Palmer will still get hit by a truck.

(I forget who made this but it's awesome)

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I hope FF7R gives us a few 'easy' boss fights like in the original. I wasn't expecting to have to fight for my life on Air Buster or Hell House.

Not every boss fight needs to be a production.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
tonberry was pretty easy

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

roomtone posted:

I dunno I still think the entire sequence of events from here on out will be so unrecognisable that none of these considerations will really matter. The familiar iconography will all reappear, sometimes in different forms. Can't really expect the precise logistics of the original to have any bearing on what they do after you fight fate in a proto-universe in the first one. They've got their alternate Zack-verse to handle, too. It's not gonna be remotely the same a - b - c journey.

They already specifically went out of their way to say that they are still intending to hit most of the major events right after FF7R released. Especially considering they were clearly worried about backlash after the first one they'll probably skew pretty close for as long as possible. I really doubt we'll see any significant deviations until Aerith's death TBH.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think they'll keep the Tiny Bronco and Palmer will still get hit by a truck.

He switched from Lard to butter in his tea

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

ImpAtom posted:

They already specifically went out of their way to say that they are still intending to hit most of the major events right after FF7R released. Especially considering they were clearly worried about backlash after the first one they'll probably skew pretty close for as long as possible. I really doubt we'll see any significant deviations until Aerith's death TBH.

I can see them shifting Nibelheim up a bit, especially giving Vincent a more prominent role. I can also see them expanding on Corel a bit more for Barret backstory and forcing a more extended trip to Gongaga for more Zack action.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

I can see them shifting Nibelheim up a bit, especially giving Vincent a more prominent role. I can also see them expanding on Corel a bit more for Barret backstory and forcing a more extended trip to Gongaga for more Zack action.

So much important stuff is totally optional and easily missable in FFVII. Vincent has a lot of important plot info you will only get from him but it's Gunaga that is really wild to me since you never have to go there at all. You wake up there after Temple of the Ancients but you can just leave and also by that time Aerith is gone anyway.

Pretty sure this 100% optional town is the only by name mention of Zack until the reveal in the Lifesteram on Disk 2.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

i'm really hoping that the gang saves aerith from dying and, with the beat of a butterfly's wings, makes everything incredibly worse

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I hope Aerith still dies, and the games cast turns to you and asks if its possible the reason you liked FFVII's story was in part because it left you unhappy with her unavoidable and tragic death.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

EightFlyingCars posted:

i'm really hoping that the gang saves aerith from dying and, with the beat of a butterfly's wings, makes everything incredibly worse

Her non-death means Holy is never successfully cast and the lifestream isn't enough to stop the destruction of the planet :v:

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Oh, is that why they one-upped it by killing the protagonist at the end of disk 1 in the next game?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

nrook posted:

Oh, is that why they one-upped it by killing the protagonist at the end of disk 1 in the next game?

Theres no second disc of FF Tactics, but yeah

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Paperhouse posted:

Her non-death means Holy is never successfully cast and the lifestream isn't enough to stop the destruction of the planet :v:

:yeshaha:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It would legit be pretty great if the entire remake built up to Sephiroth realizing he pulled an Obi-Wan with Aerith’s death and just undoing that.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I'm still wondering how they're going to remake the scene in Junon Harbor where Cloud, riding on top of a dolphin, jumps 100ft in the air to land on a steel beam...

Had to actually go back and re-remember the scene. It was a beam he landed on.

Cardboard Fox fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Dec 9, 2021

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

What about it? Sounds plausible to me

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

I hope FF7R gives us a few 'easy' boss fights like in the original. I wasn't expecting to have to fight for my life on Air Buster or Hell House.

Not every boss fight needs to be a production.

No. Every boss should be a production. The combat's good enough for it.

Make Palmer a monster and your goal is to ram a truck into him.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

jokes posted:

What about it? Sounds plausible to me

I have a few issues with it. Please see below:

• A dolphin cannot jump that high
  • Cloud weighs maybe 250+ pounds? Plus the inventory of the party puts the total weight at 2 tons
  • The water is not deep enough for the dolphin to obtain the height necessary to reach that beam

Look, I know this world has alien moms from outer space, giant robot scorpions with laser tails, and colorful marbles that allow you to cast magic , but I draw the line at unrealistic real-world animal depictions.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

They're just gonna do the dolphin jump scene straight-up but also with a slow motion where Cloud gracefully flips through the air with beautiful anime sparkles around him

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Cardboard Fox posted:

[*]Cloud weighs maybe 250+ pounds?

What

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I dunno maybe he's just super super dense

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Cardboard Fox posted:

• Cloud weighs maybe 250+ pounds? Plus the inventory of the party puts the total weight at 2 tons
  • The water is not deep enough for the dolphin to obtain the height necessary to reach that beam

Look, I know this world has alien moms from outer space, giant robot scorpions with laser tails, and colorful marbles that allow you to cast magic , but I draw the line at unrealistic real-world animal depictions.

Dolphins have a long and storied tradition of training in the art of the dragoon

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

It's a big rear end sword.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The dolphin's actually a Jenova monster sent to make sure Cloud gets on that boat.

Also to gently caress with his perceptions of what dolphins can do.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

I had to look this up and can't believe what I'm seeing. 135lbs? No way. He is a genetically mutated soldier.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Cloud is like 5 ft tall and has noodles for arms. He's like Popeye, not Bluto.

Also the dolphin swims around the underwater reactor so it's basically mako infused.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Cardboard Fox posted:

I had to look this up and can't believe what I'm seeing. 135lbs? No way. He is a genetically mutated soldier.

It seems square assigns character weight the same way they do age.

Palom, age 5, 9 pounds.

Complete_Cynic
Jan 18, 2013

Dolphin Blow summons a magic dolphin, therefore dolphins in VII can be magical.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

PneumonicBook posted:

It seems square assigns character weight the same way they do age.

Palom, age 5, 9 pounds.

Galuf, grizzled war veteran grandpa, age 27, 400 pounds

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cardboard Fox posted:

I did a swim with dolphins thing on my honeymoon.

Those things are pure muscle and easily threw my 250lb rear end up out of the water.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Most people are surprisingly bad at estimating the weight of people whose body type is completely different from their own.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Most of my weight is in my dick, which I assure you is just absolutely massive.

Cloud might have a similar problem, you’ve seen how loose his pants are we would have no way of knowing

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Sephiroth hucked a 50-foot long midgar zolom onto a dead tree and y'all are like "a dolphin jumped high out of the water? What is it, some kind of super dolphin?"

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Clearly that dolphin was infused with mako and Jenova cells as part of Shinra's aquatic special ops, the MARINE Program.

For their Navy's amphibious elite strike teams, they used seals.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Asterite34 posted:

Clearly that dolphin was infused with mako and Jenova cells as part of Shinra's aquatic special ops, the MARINE Program.

For their Navy's amphibious elite strike teams, they used seals.

Ah the dolphins from red alert got it.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I am getting towards the end of Endwalker so it's okay to release FF6PR now Square, namaste.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

It's kinda funny, with better graphics we can still keep things zany, but a trail of blood?! That goes too far!

Although I think all the blood in Shinra HQ is the most we see in FFVII....I can't recall for certain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The zolom has blood pooled under it I believe