Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Lt. Lizard posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but (spoilers for Chainsaw Man) doesn't literally every single female character, with one exception, get horrifically murdered by the end? :v:

I mean literally everyone in Chainsaw Man is dead by the end except Denji, Kobeni, and the old man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Scans out

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/301/my-hero-academia-chapter-337

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Before everyone starts complaining about the chapter, that final line really worked for me.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I liked the Hagakure face reveal.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I like that All Might looks genuinely upset that one of his kids is the mole, poor guy never thought there’d be a bad egg

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

You're all correct and I get that parents will and mostly should do anything for their kids. But I still don't give a poo poo about 2 rich dipshits supporting a superpowered serial killer hellbent on taking over the world.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
"Take my hand, Aoyama-kun!"

"I can't. I'm kind of tied up here."

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Good chapter.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Rhonne posted:

I liked the Hagakure face reveal.

Same

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I like the touch of Danger Sense triggering but Deku still hesitating to react. He'd have eaten the laser hit if not for Hagakure.

I also do not care about his stupid rich parents, though Aoyama's position is itself a bit more understandable. Liked the final line. Good chapter.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nice to see Hagakure being useful for once (also nice to literally see her for the first time at all)

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

How hard do you think it is to take care of your hair when you're invisible?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rhonne posted:

How hard do you think it is to take care of your hair when you're invisible?

Depends, can Hagakure see herself? Though I imagine mirrors might be a problem in either case

Also according to one of the gag comics apparently her entire family shares this quirk

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 10, 2021

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Larryb posted:

Depends, can Hagakure see herself? Though I imagine mirrors might be a problem in either case

Also according to one of the gag comics apparently her entire family shares this quirk

If her body is always warping light around her to cause the invisibility then I think she'd also be blind? Maybe Hagakure echolocates.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Deku echoing what All Might said to him is some good poo poo

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
yeah, that's the stuff that makes me keep checking MHA every now and then. Super good poo poo.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Deku he can't take your hand he's tied up

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Hagakure face reveal! Kind of amazing that Aoyama's laser was strong enough to actually short out her quirk for a few moments there.

I like the whole discourse of "do a crime = labeled a villain for life" and what that means for the series. Aoyama's being coerced to feed info to AFO, because his parents decided their quirkless son should have a quirk, when he wasn't even close to old enough to decide for himself. That absolutely doesn't make him a bad person and Deku sees right through all of it. He just wants to help his friend.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I refuse to have sympathy for French people.

Izuku, destroy him.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Hold on wait so the anti-pants making GBS threads belt isn't even a gift from All for One? Does he even know that his double agent has a quirk that makes him poo poo his pants.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

TheHan posted:

I like that All Might looks genuinely upset that one of his kids is the mole, poor guy never thought there’d be a bad egg

I don't think you're supposed to, but I do enjoy the narrative framing of "rich parents find that a lot of things can be bought, but some things don't cost money" and that biting them in the rear end.

Larryb posted:

I like to imagine she can become invisible at any time but she (and her family I guess) is just shy.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

TheHan posted:

Hold on wait so the anti-pants making GBS threads belt isn't even a gift from All for One? Does he even know that his double agent has a quirk that makes him poo poo his pants.

I imagine he doesn't care that the quirk isn't compatible with him, no.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Vigilantes time!

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-vigilantes-chapter-115/chapter/23624?action=read

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Vigilantes: SMASHING MORTAL MACHINATIONS TO DUST AND ASH WITH OVERWHELMING VIOLENCE

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

DizzyBum posted:

Hagakure face reveal! Kind of amazing that Aoyama's laser was strong enough to actually short out her quirk for a few moments there.

I like the whole discourse of "do a crime = labeled a villain for life" and what that means for the series. Aoyama's being coerced to feed info to AFO, because his parents decided their quirkless son should have a quirk, when he wasn't even close to old enough to decide for himself. That absolutely doesn't make him a bad person and Deku sees right through all of it. He just wants to help his friend.

Main spoilers: lmao the comments section is complaining that this is too Naruto, and another person was like "I don't agree that with that statement. What if your your one crime... was the Holocaust?"

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Electric Phantasm posted:

Vigilantes: SMASHING MORTAL MACHINATIONS TO DUST AND ASH WITH OVERWHELMING VIOLENCE

Oh hey a new Bakugo hero name

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

MHA: Giant woman made of air beating the snot out of a tenacious villain
Vigs: Giant man made of fire beating the snot out of a tenacious hero

:allears:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

christmas boots posted:

Main spoilers: lmao the comments section is complaining that this is too Naruto, and another person was like "I don't agree that with that statement. What if your your one crime... was the Holocaust?"

Destroy all comments sections.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Vigilantes AfO is way, way more entertaining when he's just a stupid rear end in a top hat giving smug prick commentary on someone's bad life decisions.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kanos posted:

Vigilantes AfO is way, way more entertaining when he's just a stupid rear end in a top hat giving smug prick commentary on someone's bad life decisions.

Vigilantes He's so supportive of his suicidal psycho mad science experiment.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Comic bad

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Flesnolk posted:

Comic bad

Not as bad as your posts

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Julias posted:

Not as bad as your posts

lovely own attempt withstanding, Comic's still bad though.

Now Vigilantes...that's good.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Vigilantes is good, it's gotten completely insane. But it's good.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

meh. i'm completely done with this stupid skeleton poo poo, so the chapter title better be accurate to how soon things are going to wrap up.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Nuebot posted:

Vigilantes is good, it's gotten completely insane. But it's good.

It's the absolute best type of stupid. I can only hope it resolves well.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Hey! Both MHA and Vigilantes were good this week! That feels good.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

TheHan posted:

And here I was thinking AfO had a different kind of explosion in mind if Aoyama betrayed him.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
ik its not new to this chapter but bakugos design change is real good. honestly a tricky character arc to get to where we are but one that was consistently landed, from the beginning to the fight with midoriya to the internships and into the last leg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

I enjoy that part of the end of series powerup for the sweat powered guy is...what if I just wore more clothes so I sweat more.