Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Sometimes the sale is for a couple adjacent lots, but as far as I can tell Zillow doesn’t know what to do with that. Not saying your FSBO examples aren’t screwed up, just that it’s also a thing that can lead to apparently borked listings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's not the case here:

Listed as 12.67, math comes up just shy of 6.5~ acres.

But yeah, I do see that frequently, where it'll be "2 - 5ac lots!" but the description usually states lots sold separately or combined for slightly less than both separately. This ad doesn't have any kind of language like that.

E: the description

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Dec 15, 2021

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, in the FSBO case, it’s almost certainly something along the lines of “Well I remember before he died, Ol’ Farmer Hank always said his field was 12 acres” and so that’s what they go with, because doing math is hard and how can anyone even know what an acre actually is

e: “0 unnamed dirt road” in Colorado, lol, that is literally exactly what’s up, either someone inherited or someone is cashing out for retirement and going from memory 🤣

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Dec 15, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yep. Welcome to land sales of the San Luis Valley.

My friend bought 40 acres and a house out here this year. I'm strongly leaning on the idea of buying 4 acres off of him, so he can keep above the 35 acres needed for an agricultural well. He hasn't had a surveyor out yet, so what we're negotiating on is, I'll pay for the survey, have them pin off my 4 acres, then pay for cutting him a new driveway when I get mine cut. It'd save me on drilling my own well ($9k as of August here for 40-50ft), but I'd have to trench a few hundred feet to reach his, and keep the line 5 feet below the surface.

A driveway cut through sand and a survey shouldn't cost me $4k, but we'll see.

E: he's on the edge of wetlands, in the desert, so there's lots of bird watching during migration season. And predators because this poo poo is 7500ft of elevation. Occasionally wild horses, too.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Dec 15, 2021

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

coupedeville posted:

With such a lukewarm retort I can rest assured I'm not missing anything of note with you on my ignore list. Thanks for your participation.

If you feel the need to backup your vote for Joe Biden that genuinely and personally, hoooo boy.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Crunchy Black posted:

If you feel the need to backup your vote for Joe Biden that genuinely and personally, hoooo boy.

I'd vote for Charles Manson if it got Trump out of the White House.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Crunchy Black posted:

lmao what vote you numpty

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

/\ that bathroom vanity is straight out of the beverly hillbillies.

Somehow all this poo poo is on 7/10ths of an acre.

Zillow is annoying as gently caress about how they list land. A lot near me is listed as 12.7 acres for $6500, until you take the measurements provided in one of the photos and run them yourself, which gives you 6.8 acres. $1000/acre for sand land here is pretty average, but the same moron is overstating acreage on several listings. Oh, and they're listed FSBO.

Your state or local government may have a GIS platform that allows you to look up parcel information

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

$2.4 million and just look at this bathroom.

I wonder if the buyer becomes forklift certified when they write the check.

:swoon:

e: Not the bathroom.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I didn't want to read much of the listing but it comes with a warehouse.

Not gonna lie - I'd deal with the house to get the warehouse/offices to use as a personal shop.
Hell, I could temporarily live in the warehouse while tearing out all that hillbilly crap.
$2.4M, though...

3D Megadoodoo posted:

:swoon:

e: Not the bathroom.

Exactly.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

$2.4 million and just look at this bathroom.

What I want to know is, is that the actual roof of that room or is there a fake tin roof under the real ceiling?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Fake as the owner's smile

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Hi! Let's give the orange man blue man chat a break in here. While undeniably crappy, it is neither construction nor constructive.

Also why are you putting cum in your garage swimming pools. :ohdear:

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

corgski posted:

Hi! Let's give the orange man blue man chat a break in here. While undeniably crappy, it is neither construction nor constructive.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mr.belowaverage
Aug 16, 2004

we have an irc channel at #SA_MeetingWomen

corgski posted:

It’s cum, not cum. C’mon!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

corgski posted:

Cuz the gf was getting tired of me keeping it on the dining room table.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

You’re supposed to have a vase for it guys

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I keep mine in a jar with a small figurine of the President inside of it.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Do you offer a Ted Talk?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

The garage cum swimming pool will nut divide us.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

the yeti posted:

You’re supposed to have a vase for it guys

I thought it was several plastic soda bottles of varying sizes that get posted on Boxing Day?

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Jizz Joe

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

mr.belowaverage posted:

It’s cum, not cum. C’mon!
It's curn, actually, which is a homonym for how closely together your letters are in a typeface. Which works out, actually.

Jows
May 8, 2002

If you cum in a pool of water then the whole pool just becomes diluted cum.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Ugh don't bring that homeopathy bullshit in here.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Ugh don't bring that homeopathy bullshit in here.

The homeopathy bullshit is in a steel tank out back, the swimming pool is the homeopathy cum. Easy mistake to make.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I'm in the broom closet.

I'm at the gloryhole.

I'm in the combination broom closet gloryhole.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Jows posted:

If you add a spoonful of wine to a barrel of sewage, you get sewage.
If you add a spoonful of sewage to a barrel of wine, you get sewage.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Zopotantor posted:

Not if you fail to divulge this information to your wine-buying clientele.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Zopotantor posted:

I have questions:
1) how drunk am I?
2) is it post-last call?

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
What's that kind of coffee where they feed the beans to some animal and then they poo poo them out?

mr.belowaverage
Aug 16, 2004

Guy Axlerod posted:

What's that kind of coffee where they feed the beans to some animal and then they poo poo them out?

Civet coffee

What a fantastic derail

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

mr.belowaverage posted:

Civet coffee

What a fantastic derail

Seems like it's went to poo poo

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

mr.belowaverage posted:

Civet coffee

What a fantastic derail

Wondering how they advertise for the job of civet-poo poo collector and/or bean-picker

mr.belowaverage
Aug 16, 2004

PainterofCrap posted:

Wondering how they advertise for the job of civet-poo poo collector and/or bean-picker

I like the idea it’s two separate jobs

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

the civets are kept in battery-style cages and force fed, sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Jows posted:

Funnily enough, this is among the oldest recorded proverbs (from a Sumerian book of proverbs that educated people kept around in their houses about 4,000+ years ago)

quote:

(cf. 6.2.3: UET 6/2 216) The fox, having urinated into the sea, said: "The whole of the sea is my urine!"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Funnily enough, this is among the oldest recorded proverbs (from a Sumerian book of proverbs that educated people kept around in their houses about 4,000+ years ago)

Proclick link. There's a lot of donkey jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

quote:

Let me tell you about my fate: it is an insult. Let me explain it to you: it is a disgrace.

quote:

The neighbour is on friendly terms with my mother in her house.

Clearly ghostwritten by Rodney Dangerfield