Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Wes Anderson movies are boring mawkish celebrations of wealth and his play skool symmetry looks like poo poo there’s my movies bad take or whateva

this in a big ol sorta way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Shard posted:

Everyone name a movie that everyone loves that you dont.

I don't like ET

Muppet Christmas Carol.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

this in a big ol sorta way

Between this and loving Uno's fat form you and I are finding a lot in common lately

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

refn

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Between this and loving Uno's fat form you and I are finding a lot in common lately

Fat Uno should be universally beloved and is dearly missed

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lot of bad takes tonight. Will not participate in the parade of dipshittery. Let’s get a good night’s sleep and come back tomorrow refreshed and ready to make better posts.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

It's a boring movie with a few pretty shots, Shane

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don’t have the time to respond to everyone about how they’re wrong. I just ate a bad, out of season BLT, I’m emotionally not in a good place tonight.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how do you trust yourself on posts after doing someting like that.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Critical posted:

Scream (first one)
Baby Driver
It Follows

all pretty generally well liked, i thought they all sucked

tbf I was in an awful place when I saw baby driver and it follows, my opinion may change if I rewatch them

I also thought big lebowski was dumb the first time I saw it. then I watched it after getting my wisdom teeth out, high as balls, and fell in love with it

I IMMEDIATELY thought of Baby Driver when the question was posed. I didn’t get the hype.

It Follows I will go to bat for, but only as like a B-tierish horror flick. A- maybe. But it’s not game-changing.

I also thought Black Klansman was pretty trash.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
both Baby Driver and Drive have the word Drive in the title and are both grossly average or even below

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I prefer to like, than not like. Sorry for not participating.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

yea ok posted:

I prefer to like, than not like. Sorry for not participating.

I read all your film reviews when you post them. I know you disliked around 2 movies.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dont like to participate

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I also felt myself oddly let down by Baby Driver. I could see all the ways it SHOULD be a good film, but it just left me feeling cold. Which is kinda crazy, because I didn't think it was possible for Edgar Wright to make a film that I didn't love - I straight up bought Baby Driver unseen because I figured there was no way it wouldn't be great... and it wasn't :sigh:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Driving Miss Baby

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

I read all your film reviews when you post them. I know you disliked around 2 movies.

that's true, but i don't remember what they are, or if a lot of others like them. i recently watched the a movie called Shame, which is one letter away from a real son of a bitch. it was sad.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

Wes Anderson movies are boring mawkish celebrations of wealth and his play skool symmetry looks like poo poo there’s my movies bad take or whateva

This is a correct post.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Nah

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Shard posted:

Everyone name a movie that everyone loves that you dont.

I don't like ET

Not a fan of Life Of Brian, rubbed me the wrong way. Love Meaning Of Life though.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I enjoy Wes Anderson movies. They hit what I want from films these days which is charming & fun & very light. Like, there's cool poo poo in the cinematography & poo poo but I just want something fun. I've had my fill of really good, grimy miserable films, if I want to feel like that i just watch the news for half an hour.

Honestly, at some point the internet destroyed my attention span & I just can't sit through many whole movies anymore.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Eat My Fuc

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

I enjoy Wes Anderson movies. They hit what I want from films these days which is charming & fun & very light. Like, there's cool poo poo in the cinematography & poo poo but I just want something fun. I've had my fill of really good, grimy miserable films, if I want to feel like that i just watch the news for half an hour.

Honestly, at some point the internet destroyed my attention span & I just can't sit through many whole movies anymore.

I feel like they're more depressing than fun but could be my dreary outlook. Even though I hate his style I did enjoy his two cartoons especially the dogs one. I probably enjoyed all of his movies on some level except for the most recent one which I saw in an empty theater, that happens to me a lot.

I saw Napoleon Dynamite on opening night and the theater was completely empty and I was laughing my rear end off, the next weekend it was packed, I guess word of mouth, cause even I had gone to see it again.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I feel like they're more depressing than fun but could be my dreary outlook.

They're absolutely melancholy, it's not just you. It's a big part of his whole thing.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

In honor of a brave friend of mine who I will not name but tragically ate a tomato in December, let us post movies that many people or critics did NOT like, but you did.

Zoolander is one of my all time favorite dumbass films

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

freddy got fingered is a very good film

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

Holds up better than his show in a lot of ways. Rip Torn is unreal

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Sister Act 2 has a terrible score on the bullshit tomato site but it rules

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Cavauro posted:

My friends and I reference the sandwich store meltdown all the time

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lid posted:

both Baby Driver and Drive have the word Drive in the title and are both grossly average or even below

Drive is good with an awesome soundtrack, but both are loving trash compared to what it blatantly rips off in Michael Mann's Thief with score by Tangerine Dream.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

In 5th grade they made us fill out a card with poo poo we liked for the yearbook. For favorite movie I put Freddy Got Fingered, which I had not and have not ever seen, because Daddy Would You Like Some Sausage from the trailer made me laugh my rear end off every time it came on tv

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwnBTRO8zmo

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Bluedeanie posted:

In honor of a brave friend of mine who I will not name but tragically ate a tomato in December, let us post movies that many people or critics did NOT like, but you did.

Zoolander is one of my all time favorite dumbass films

Mother! had a pretty vicious critical reception but it's a very good movie about not wanting people to be in your house.

I think Suicide Squad (2016) is a messy but ultimately fun film.

Chappie is a better Blade Runner riff than 2049.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Matrix 2 had the worst sex scene i’d ever seen to that point, I still skip it, somehow boring and uncomfortable at once

It's totally the directors fetish landing on the screen. It is the most skipped scene in any movie I ever watch regularly.

On a different note: I've been playing GOT again - this time the Director's Cut on PS5. I just wanted to talk about how much I love this story. Jin's reluctance to become an assassin due to his code but gradually coming to terms with it is represented in such a great fashion with your stealth kills starting out really awkward and violent until by the end you just effortlessly and silently take people out.

I've always been super against the idea of honorable suicide especially in Japanese stories because it seems to me such a waste of life. Which is why I found the conflict at the end of the game so interesting because it deals directly with that.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Cavauro posted:

Agreed. It is joyful.

Daddy Would You Like Some Sausages should've won the Oscar for Best Original Song or whatever they call it.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

To any of the other lovers of film brought down by the last page+

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

I think about the "do you see TWO LeBarons, Freddy" bit basically every time I read LeBron James' name

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Shard posted:

It's totally the directors fetish landing on the screen. It is the most skipped scene in any movie I ever watch regularly.

On a different note: I've been playing GOT again - this time the Director's Cut on PS5. I just wanted to talk about how much I love this story. Jin's reluctance to become an assassin due to his code but gradually coming to terms with it is represented in such a great fashion with your stealth kills starting out really awkward and violent until by the end you just effortlessly and silently take people out.

I've always been super against the idea of honorable suicide especially in Japanese stories because it seems to me such a waste of life. Which is why I found the conflict at the end of the game so interesting because it deals directly with that.

Hari-Kiri is definitely a movie you should watch either the original classic or the updated version. Both are fantastic that deals with the subject of ritualistic suicide and the cultural impacts it leaves in it's wake in feudal Japan.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I Before E posted:

They're absolutely melancholy, it's not just you. It's a big part of his whole thing.

They are melancholy for sure but like, without being too heavy. Fluffy melancholy. Like sure, there's a suicide attempt in Royal Tennenbaums and Ben Stiller is all sad about his dead wife or whatever but mostly I just remember the charmingly funny moments.

Could just be I broke my brain watching poo poo like Shame & Hunger & Tyrannosaur a decade ago & now if a film isn't relentlessly bashing your brains in with the misery hammer then it's "charming & light"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jiro posted:

Hari-Kiri is definitely a movie you should watch either the original classic or the updated version. Both are fantastic that deals with the subject of ritualistic suicide and the cultural impacts it leaves in it's wake in feudal Japan.

I did and it's super great! Another great Japanese movie with a TON of suicide - 13 Assassins