Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Ameri and Clara need a rival that's aggressive to push them to act more often

All things considered Amelie has always been paced pretty well in her romance with Iruma given their romance isn't the centerpiece of the story like it might be in a romcom like Rosario x Vampire. And they are also in different grades meaning she doesn't have a great excuse to be at all these misfit centric events as more than just a spectator. But we got the election arc, Walter park, Water Park, the idol concert, and ballroom dance where she's allowed to actively participate and move forward so I think that's some good coverage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

All things considered Amelie has always been paced pretty well in her romance with Iruma given their romance isn't the centerpiece of the story like it might be in a romcom like Rosario x Vampire. And they are also in different grades meaning she doesn't have a great excuse to be at all these misfit centric events as more than just a spectator. But we got the election arc, Walter park, Water Park, the idol concert, and ballroom dance where she's allowed to actively participate and move forward so I think that's some good coverage.

It's not about her presence in the story, it's about what she does during her pagetime. The presence of Chima will presumably bring a fresh dose of panicked urgency to the next Amelie arc.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

It's not about her presence in the story, it's about what she does during her pagetime. The presence of Chima will presumably bring a fresh dose of panicked urgency to the next Amelie arc.

The rumours of Iruma's Harem would also do the same.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
She already knows she'll be sharing him with Az.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
We're in Your Care

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I see Ameri is taking things well.

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

Aww, even Purson has his fans. :3:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nemo2342 posted:

I see Ameri is taking things well.

I am calling it now that the end of this arc will involve Ameri barging in and capturing Iruma herself.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Kalego's definitely coming out at the final round to just wipe the field

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Kalego's definitely coming out at the final round to just wipe the field

May well be a Kalego/Balam tag-team for maximum overkill - though there's also Sullivan and Opera as wild cards. Yes, Opera's not technically part of the faculty, but you try telling them that.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Opera will show up specifically to frustrate Kalego and nobody else.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I do hope we get a tiny bit more detail on why Opera is constantly such an rear end in a top hat to Kalego specifically. It'd be one thing if they were generally a bit of a trickster and he was just a fun target, but it really does seem like he's the only person in the world whose life they're constantly making hell for no reason whatsoever.

I'd accept even a simple gag like 'he stole my fashion choices' or 'Cerberus smells weird', but I feel like we need something.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Darth Walrus posted:

I do hope we get a tiny bit more detail on why Opera is constantly such an rear end in a top hat to Kalego specifically. It'd be one thing if they were generally a bit of a trickster and he was just a fun target, but it really does seem like he's the only person in the world whose life they're constantly making hell for no reason whatsoever.

I'd accept even a simple gag like 'he stole my fashion choices' or 'Cerberus smells weird', but I feel like we need something.

Opera is a cat and Kalego is a dog.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Opera's magic told him that Kalego would one day be a dick to Iruma-sama.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nemo2342 posted:

Opera is a cat and Kalego is a dog.

Well, yes, but I feel like there are other dog-demons who they've managed to get along with reasonably cordially.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Opera is a cool kid, and Kalego is a nerd.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Opera is a cool kid, and Kalego is a nerd.

Ah, but Iruma is a nerd, and Opera will loving murder you if you touch him.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Kalego carefully cultivates an air of superiority, untouchability, and dignity.

It's good for him to have someone that repeatedly, brutally owns him. Opera is just being a good friend.

Also, it's very funny.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Yup, its all about shattering that illusion.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

You know how cats go above and beyond to hang around people who don't like them or are allergic? To me that's the reason.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Hide and Seek

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

:hellyeah: I cracked up when Purson was revealed, he's becoming my favorite of the group quickly!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
One With the World wherein we get more backstory to Purson and the results of his gambit.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Heh. Seems a bit unfair right after he gets a flashback powerup that he's immediately disqualified

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I don't think the goal is to "win" so much as just to put on the best showing of your skills possible.

None of the teachers could reasonably expect any of the students to match 95% of them.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
Well you know this teach is a badguy because he doesn't give them a chance by taking one balloon, he gets both immediately like a self important jerk.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Yeah, it definitely feels like the teachers have gone overboard on trying to humble their students and are just flattening them in a way that doesn't even mean anything because the teachers haven't actually taught them the skills they'd need to pass this test.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I have a moderate feeling that some of it is a fakeout since we haven't seen the Bloodline Magic of Purson's other teammate

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jan 9, 2022

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Rand Brittain posted:

Yeah, it definitely feels like the teachers have gone overboard on trying to humble their students and are just flattening them in a way that doesn't even mean anything because the teachers haven't actually taught them the skills they'd need to pass this test.

they're demons

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Patware posted:

they're demons

Yeah, the entire point of this setup is that the demon teachers are capricious and decided "hm you know what it would be fun to knock the wind out of their sails". It's not like they're trying to kill them.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I'm not sure why we're coming up with excuses for the member of the Six Fingers who's a well established as a sadistic jerk who's bad at staying in character. It was a dumb move that's likely to get him in hot water with the real teachers, and that's all there is to it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Chapter 235: Eliminated
Lied gets no respect I tell you what.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I can't wait for Kalego to pop the last balloon in the last second :black101:

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I figured Soi's brother was with the bad guys.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
S.O.S.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Nobody hates the misfits more than Kalego. I mean he doesn't do this out of hatred but come on dude. Using Sullivan as an instant loss condition is just cruel

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
It's a timed boss fight, pretty standard JRPG, and the good mad doctor Opera is nothing if not one to have fun with traditionalism.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
The Ideal Team Composition

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Things are gonna get hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013