Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

oh man, Fain. I love this actor sooo much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

so what's the significance of rand holding a baby in the vision

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

they showed it in the e8 leaks: ishamael standing over rand holding a baby on a farm, presumably tempting him

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

and this... this is to go beyond super nynaeve

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

It might be a bit heavy handed its LTT or its just that the episode opened with Tigraine. Or maybe they give Rand a kid in the show to humanise his more Darth Rand episodes

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

God they're really doing it PerrinxEgweneXRand love triangle.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Ugh. Hate this CW drama poo poo, not gonna lie.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

RandomReader posted:

God they're really doing it PerrinxEgweneXRand love triangle.

this will be the polycule

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lan just doing ninja poo poo to own nynaeve lol

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

eke out posted:

lan just doing ninja poo poo to own nynaeve lol
Just teleports because ???????

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

uno, is that you?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't know if they're explicitly doing a rand/egwene/perrin thing as much as it's them getting worked up and mad about stuff and nynaeve lit the match that got rand ticked off and made perrin feel more regret about killing his wife

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

There's no Egwene/Perrin thing lol

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Missed opportunity for a braid tug there with the love triangle

One thing they get really right in the show is the extent Moiraine will go to appear mysterious and always right at the expense of seeming trustworthy

Barreft posted:

There's no Egwene/Perrin thing lol

They made it pretty explicit there. Nynaeve spelled it out and Rand finally saw it

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I appreciate them spending more time with Lan and Nynaeve.

longtimelurker
Mar 12, 2006

Powered by alcohol

Is there a reason why portals were used so little in combat. Warping your fist inside someone's chest, open a portal under a body of water and somewhere else, block with a portal...etc

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i increasingly like them making rand/egwene a real thing, it's going to make the rift between them as both gain power even more dramatic

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

longtimelurker posted:

Is there a reason why portals were used so little in combat. Warping your fist inside someone's chest, open a portal under a body of water and somewhere else, block with a portal...etc

they're really difficult and expensive for most channelers and there's almost always a cheaper or faster alternative

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

longtimelurker posted:

That kinda stuff gets you labeled as an author's self insert

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Johnny Joestar posted:

i don't know if they're explicitly doing a rand/egwene/perrin thing as much as it's them getting worked up and mad about stuff and nynaeve lit the match that got rand ticked off and made perrin feel more regret about killing his wife
Didn't say it was going anywhere, but they did waste my time with it.

Egwene: not choosing power over everything
#notmyeggy

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

longtimelurker posted:

They got used a lot in the last battle because Brandon is a rules lawyer and prior to that you have be x strength to do one and if you are x strength the immediate move is balefire

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

eke out posted:

i increasingly like them making rand/egwene a real thing, it's going to make the rift between them as both gain power even more dramatic

yeah they're really setting up the eventual divide with more of an actual initial connection, which is nice. it's not just weird farmboy/farmgirl love that just kinda awkwardly hangs around, it's gonna be an actual point of contention later.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Lmao, "She is beautiful" "Hadn't noticed"

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Finally here comes the Rand fireworks

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

lol "they're both big and they both brood"

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I'll give show Lan this, he is ok to leave around kids. Book Lan would be telling a toddler how to sheath the sword

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Goofballs posted:

I'll give show Lan this, he is ok to leave around kids. Book Lan would be telling a toddler how to sheath the sword

it's an important life skill in the borderlands

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Lotta good braid tugs this ep

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Aaaaaaaaa that's such an awesome reveal goddam :golfclap:

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

noooo i dont want to wait a week. and then at least a year after, noooo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

well, that owned. i liked the reveal, yeah. i figured it'd call back to various little moments and yeah it definitely did.

longtimelurker
Mar 12, 2006