Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Mage_Boy posted:

"Rainbows and and three beautiful women."

I honestly took that as the 3 women bonding Rand and the rainbows being the boys ta'veren sight. But I thought she was talking about Rand obv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

As a kid I always pictured The Blight as the fire swamp from the princess bride, I'm glad whoever decided on the look of it in the show clearly felt the same way

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Barreft posted:

I honestly took that as the 3 women bonding Rand and the rainbows being the boys ta'veren sight. But I thought she was talking about Rand obv

I'm glad they made non-obvious prophecy so we get to speculate just like we did when the books first came out!

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Rarity posted:

Min said she saw rainbows and carnivals around Rand

So I thought that was the same in the books where she talks about 3 women around Rand like “ha ha ha” and doesn’t mention “uh actually for real and I’m one of them

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Mage_Boy posted:

I'm glad they made non-obvious prophecy so we get to speculate just like we did when the books first came out!

Yeah it's great

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

navyjack posted:

So I thought that was the same in the books where she talks about 3 women around Rand like “ha ha ha” and doesn’t mention “uh actually for real and I’m one of them

yeah same

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Welp. That episode was chock full of moments for the EF4 which I had complained had been lacking.

Since they changed Machin shin to whisper peoples insecurities, I thought it would have been neat for it to say something like “you’re going to go mad and murder your friends and family again Lews Therin” to Rand. I can’t remember if they’ve name dropped Lews yet.

Edit: episode owned

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Barreft posted:

I thought the rainbow thing was the bit on top of Dragonmount where he goes from Darth Rand to good Rand, but I'm probably wrong.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

th3t00t posted:

Welp. That episode was chock full of moments for the EF4 which I had complained had been lacking.

Since they changed Machin shin to whisper peoples insecurities, I thought it would have been neat for it to say something like “you’re going to go mad and murder your friends and family again Lews Therin” to Rand. I can’t remember if they’ve name dropped Lews yet.

"Flesh so fine, so fine to tear, to gnash the skin; skin to strip, to plait, so nice to plait the strips, so nice, so red the drops that fall; blood so red, so red, so sweet; sweet screams, pretty screams, singing screams, scream your song, sing your screams..."

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Well Christ. Don't know how to feel about that one. Down an entire main character and it still feels like they're trying to cram 75 minutes of television into 60.

Always, always such good bits in this show, but then the episodes as a whole...

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Well that was really awesome. I don't think I have words for the cold open, holy poo poo.

I really liked the little flashbacks to the dragging tam and busting down the door and trolloc in the ways.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Well Christ. Don't know how to feel about that one. Down an entire main character and it still feels like they're trying to cram 75 minutes of television into 60.

Always, always such good bits in this show, but then the episodes as a whole...

That's how adaptations go, I can't imagine anything else tbh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So Min's viewing for Moiraine, she just said the Amyrlin Seat right? Cause it was set up to make you think Siuan's her downfall but definitely seems like it'll be Elaida (or Liandrin if they are actually combining them)

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

silvergoose posted:

That's how adaptations go, I can't imagine anything else tbh

You'd hope an adaptation would cut and trim and rework things until it was a solid piece of itself, though. So often here it just felt garbled.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Bitter blood. Blood so bitter. Drink the blood and crack the bone. Crack the bone and suck the marrow. Bitter marrow, sweet the screams. Singing screams. Sing the screams. Tiny souls. Acrid souls. Gobble them down. So sweet the pain.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
How did the show watchers react to everything?

Episode ruled besides the CW love triangle stuff that was happening.

I was hooting and hollaring out load about the Tigraine scene. She rules. Aiel rule. Seeing the golden bees ruled.

Also where is Loial after they got through the gates?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Rarity posted:

So Min's viewing for Moiraine, she just said the Amyrlin Seat right? Cause it was set up to make you think Siuan's her downfall but definitely seems like it'll be Elaida (or Liandrin if they are actually combining them)

yeah exactly what i was thinking

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Oh. Min ruled. I love her. She was perfect. And shirtless Lan ruled.

Where is prude Nynaeve though :colbert:

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

RC Cola posted:

She's a country gal, she's tired of making due with a corn cob

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Rarity posted:

Feels like that's definitely Elaida issuing a warrant for Moiraine dead.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

RC Cola posted:

can you really be a prude with shirtless lan? be honest

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

RC Cola posted:

lol i appreciated that neither she nor Lan said anything about their feelings or the relationship and there was like a whole scene of them refusing to talk to one another about the thing both wanted to say lol

that part feels very true to books

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

having it revealed that rand was the one who blasted away the trolloc in the ways was neat, i didn't expect that

Yeah same. That was a good reveal that I didn't see coming.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Barreft posted:

She's a country gal, she's tired of making due with a corn cob

Has that gone out of the biosphere collapsing thread or are we biosphere collapse posting allies?

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

Sexually liberated Emond's Field is throwing me off way harder than it has any right to.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

It does make me wonder my Moiraine didn't not sense it though.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Yeah Rand being bad at point blank archery upset me more than it should have at first but then I got over it. Clearly for narrative purposes

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

navyjack posted:

In the books didn’t she basically fall about laughing when she saw him because she knew they were going to end up together?

Kae Alexander is killing it as Min in any case. So likeable.

Also loved:

- Moiraine’s poo poo-eating grin when she’s blackmailing Min.

- Dragon reveal. Although it could have maybe had a bit more buildup.

- Lan and Nynaeve’s interactions

- Padan Fain

I’m excited for next week already, but I feel the rushed pace of these. The story really needs more time to breathe.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

RC Cola posted:

Yeah Rand being bad at point blank archery upset me more than it should have at first but then I got over it. Clearly for narrative purposes

it was definitely from him being highly distracted

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Can’t wait to see a real Aiel fight if that’s how Tigraine fights, god drat that ruled. Good ep, glad to see Fain again he is just perfectly cast.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Mage_Boy posted:

Agreed! Sorry I'm responding as I catch up on the thread y'all.

Also Padan Fain is a cool and good character. I have faith show Fain will live up to the hype

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
That was a good drat episode. That's not quite how I pictured the blight but still its good.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Making Perrin's storyline a drag because of his feelings about a romantic interest is extremely faithful to the books

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

SerSpook posted:

can you really be a prude with shirtless lan? be honest

I am straight and I'd be tracing his scars and muscles. He is handsome as gently caress and you're right.

Calenth
Jul 11, 2001

crepeface posted:

"cool story bro"

I have several !

Here's one:

A year or so before his diagnosis I think it was I stopped by the carriage house to say hi and I found out Jim had just bought a Porsche

this was a big deal because he didn't really spend his money on big $$$ stuff, but apparently he'd always wanted one so finally he was like "it's time, I'm gonna buy the Porsche of my dreams"

I don't remember specifically what Porsche it was but I remember looking it up at the time and it was a new Porsche that cost approximately 100k in the early 2000's

The funny part was: he had a really hard time finding a Porsche that he could actually fit inside

He was 6'5" and not small and that turns out to be a problem when Porsche-shopping

They ended up having to measure him all around and the finally found one that he had a few inches of clearance in all around

I saw him driving it around Charleston a few times, very zippy

Another one:

Around the time Hurricane Hugo came through Charleston, so like 1989, and I'd read Eye because I got an early copy, and I think we'd gone over to Harriett and Jim's to borrow some Sterno or some other hurricane supply, and we were standing around talking and I was like twelve or thirteen and I was trying to convince the other people standing around to read the books and they were good

So of course I piped up with (possibly the first use of?) the "You should read it! It's Wheel-y good!" pun

Jim threatened to "introduce me to his set of flaying knives" if I kept saying things like that

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Beefeater1980 posted:

In the books didn’t she basically fall about laughing when she saw him because she knew they were going to end up together?

Kae Alexander is killing it as Min in any case. So likeable.

Also loved:

- Moiraine’s poo poo-eating grin when she’s blackmailing Min.

- Dragon reveal. Although it could have maybe had a bit more buildup.

- Lan and Nynaeve’s interactions

- Padan Fain

I’m excited for next week already, but I feel the rushed pace of these. The story really needs more time to breathe.

Wait til next season when it's 2 books in 8 episodes

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

it was definitely from him being highly distracted

Yeah I think I'd be distracted if I just realized I was basically a puppy and baby murderer aka a male channeler

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

My Top 5 so far: (kicking out Mat cause he's gone)

Nynaeve
Fain
Fain
Fain
Fain

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Barreft posted:

My Top 5 so far: (kicking out Mat cause he's gone)

Nynaeve
Fain
Fain
Fain
Fain

You forgot Lan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

RC Cola posted:

You forgot Lan

Lan and Moiraine are 11 and 12 after Fain, Fain, Fain, Fain, and Padan Fain.