Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008
One of the digital foundry guys said the FF7R pc port is one of the worst he’s ever seen and “humbly submits that no one should buy it” so if you were on the fence due to the EGS exclusivity it’s probably worth waiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Lol what

It's extremely basic but runs fine on a wide range of hardware. When I think of "worst PC ports" I think of things like the Horizon Zero Dawn port at launch (which is now much better)

edit: ah I think I found what he was upset about

https://twitter.com/Dachsjaeger/status/1471805451495002119?t=oDTe63DxcN8a3AMFcST6eQ&s=19

Have we had updated Nvidia drivers since launch?

Party Boat fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Dec 17, 2021

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

EGS launches are just the beta.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Switched.on posted:

One of the digital foundry guys said the FF7R pc port is one of the worst he’s ever seen and “humbly submits that no one should buy it” so if you were on the fence due to the EGS exclusivity it’s probably worth waiting.

That's not at all what any of them said lol.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

The interact prompt is still a triangle just with "press Y" underneath lol

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Harrow posted:

This Reddit post has more FF6 pixel remaster screen shots that look like they came from a video, though I can't find the video anywhere yet: https://www.reddit.com/r/FinalFantasy/comments/rijvms/pictures_of_final_fantasy_vi_pixel_remaster/

Hm, is that screen of Terra casting magic confirmation that the spell effects are like the other PRs and are not FF6's old favorites? (Haven't played another PR been waiting for this one)

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Switched.on posted:

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

:nyoron:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

SuperKlaus posted:

Hm, is that screen of Terra casting magic confirmation that the spell effects are like the other PRs and are not FF6's old favorites? (Haven't played another PR been waiting for this one)

I think so but it's hard to tell without seeing it in motion.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
sorry im not throwing shade really it just cracked me up stumbling into that post and seeing thats actually exactly what it said

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008
I already have the whole collection on steam so I was gonna wait anyways but I’m interested to see how much of that is hyperbole. If there are major issues I would just hope they get patched quickly.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

SuperKlaus posted:

Thatd be a bummer, the effects in 1-5 are pretty forgettable but even with 6 being my least played 2d game (I don't think I've even finished it) its effects are super memorable

That said, now I want to make a mod for 1 PR that just replaces every spell animation with different colored sparkly explosions

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Something interesting is that the spell effects in the Pixel Remasters look the most like the SNES/GBA FFV spell effects. I compared a video of spells from the GBA version to the same spells from the Pixel Remaster and they match up fairly well. If they weren't reused from 1-4 I would've just thought they were pretty good updates to the FFV spell effects.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
FF7R runs good for me and I don't have a crazy rig so idk what that guys on about

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I mean it's not an amazing port, there's barely any options for one but, I'm not having any of the issues the Digital Foundry guys are having either?

It did stutter right at the start of the game on intro sequence, going from cinematic to ingame but it's been stable since then.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Yeah I'm not hyper sensitive to minor frame drops so there might be something I'm missing that looks bad to the DF guys, but "worst AAA release on PC in a good long time" is just not credible. Cyberpunk 2077 came out just last year!

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
For me at least it stutters a little bit outside of combat, but in combat it runs flawlessly (or at least I haven't noticed it in combat) and running it off an ssd makes it load extremely fast, like 1-2s compared to almost a minute on PS4

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Party Boat posted:

Cyberpunk 2077 came out just last year!

That's not AAA by any stretch of the imagination, I have been saying for years CDPR is just a typical eurojank studio that got lucky with witcher 3

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

That's not AAA by any stretch of the imagination, I have been saying for years CDPR is just a typical eurojank studio that got lucky with witcher 3

There is literally no universe in which Cyberpunk 2027 wasn't a AAA title. It had a budget of over 300 million and they are not some small indie developer.

Like when your 300 million dollar budget game is the centerpiece of multiple game shows, has insane amounts of hype, and has loving Keanu Reeves in it, you're not on the same level as Rando Eurojank which usually has a budget of $1.50 and some sausages.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If Cyberpunk isn't triple AAA development, or even some higher grade of like AAAA the only possible game in that category would be GTAVI because Cyberpunk is the work of an investment behemoth

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
20 years since Final Fantasy X's release in North America.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It was like five years ago tops

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

It was like five years ago tops

Just think. If this was true then S-E has successfully put out a new Final Fantasy almost yearly

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
X is still one of the “new” FFs in my head.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I choose to reject this fact because if FFX came out in North America 20 years ago, that would mean I'm old, and that can't be true.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Don’t do this

Stop

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Believe it or not, EW's entire theme is about this exact conversation.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Endwalker is the last act of Final Fantasy IX but Necron has a backstory this time

(that's a gross oversimplification but it's also not not that)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

That's not AAA by any stretch of the imagination

Congrats on making the stupidest post in this thread

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

OhFunny posted:

Thanks I played it in high school.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

OhFunny posted:

Thanks, my knees started to hurt after reading this sentence.

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019
Oh I started kindergarten when FFX came out.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
X came out here days before my 10th birthday

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I was 13 and I got it the same day as my PS2. I remember watching the opening cutscene and thinking graphics literally could not get any better.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

And they never did

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Mustached Demon posted:

Same here. I remember playing it in my friends basement on the weekends because I didn't have a PS2.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Back in my day they were called Squaresoft. :colbert:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Mustached Demon posted:

I'd already graduated from high school earlier that year. :corsair:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Cardboard Fox posted:

Back in my day they were called Squaresoft. :colbert:

And their main competitor was a company called Enix!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

THE WORLD IS SQUARE