Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It's also just a really good ability in general, in the right kind of deck.

Edit: With Dobermon being cheaper to play raw (so you don't need your eggs), I wonder... could you make a hybrid Purple/D-Reaper deck using her? Use her to feed ADR-02s to your Perfects for a free/very cheap evo, and then since you won't have an ADR-02 in play any more, you can play another one for cheap again. So each time you feed something a Searcher, you get a 'profit' of 2 memory and a card draw.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Dec 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

EX2-039 Impmon

When this card is discarded by effects except from [EX2-039 Impmon] from your deck, you may discard up to 3 cards from top of your deck.

[When Played] Reveal 4 cards from top of your deck. Add 1 Digimon card with [Beelzebumon] in its name and 1 [Ai & Makoto] from among to your hand. Return the rest to the bottom of your deck.
---
Inherited:
[Your Turn] When this Digimon has [Beelzebumon] in its name, this Digimon gets +3000 DP.

quote:

Beelzebumon
Ultimate(Sub)/Mega(Dub) | Virus | Demon Lord / Seven Great Demon Lord

When this card is discarded from deck, you may play 1 [Impmon] from your Trash without paying its cost.

[When Digivolution] [When Attacking] You may discard 2 cards from top of your deck. Then, delete 1 of your opponent's Lv.3 or below Digimon. For every 10 cards in your Trash, add +1 to the maximum Lv. of the Digimon you can choose with this effect.

quote:

Beelzebumon: Blast Mode
Ultimate(Sub)/Mega(Dub) | Virus | Demon Lord

When this card is discarded from deck, delete 1 of your opponent's Lv.4 or below Digimon.

[When Digivolved] Delete all of your opponent's with the highest Lv.

[Your Turn] For every 10 cards in your trash, this Digimon gains <Security Attack +1>.

quote:

Ai & Makoto

[Start of Your Turn] If you have 2 or less memory, set your memory to 3.

[Your Turn] When your Digimon attacks, by suspending this Tamer, discard 1 card from top of your deck. Then, if the attacking Digimon is [Beelzebumon], that Digimon can Digivolve into [Beelzebumon: Blast Mode] in your Trash by paying 3 Digivolution Cost.
---
[Security] Play this card without paying its memory cost.

These synergies pretty decently with the previous Beelzemon and Impmon cards, which care about milling yourself and having at least ten cards in the trash

thetoughestbean fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Dec 14, 2021

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

Blue Card

When you have a Tamer, you may use this card ignoring the Color Requirements.

[Main] Reveal 5 cards from top of your deck. 1 of your Digimon may Digivolve into a Digimon card other than White card from among without paying its Digivolution Cost. When you did not do that, add 1 Digimon card from among to your hand. Place the remaining cards to the bottom of your deck in any order.
---
[Security] You may play 1 Tamer Card from your hand without paying its cost.

quote:

Gallantmon: Crimson Mode
[When Digivolving] Delete all of your opponent's Digimon with the highest DP.
[When Attacking] Trash 1 card from the top of your opponent's Security Stack. Increase the number of cards trashed by this effect by 1 for every 10 cards in your opponent's trash.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
I can see Blue Card becoming a deck staple for non-warp cards.
That Gallantmon feels like a hard purple counter.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Blue Card's going in basically every deck that doesn't have a specific reason not to use it, yeah. I suspect people are going to throw at least a few ADR-02s in just about every deck, too. 1 memory to draw a card is good. Deck consistency, and possibly something to sac to pay costs.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Kortel posted:

I can see Blue Card becoming a deck staple for non-warp cards.
That Gallantmon feels like a hard purple counter.

The on attack effect is the same as the BT2 Gallantmon, iirc. It’s a good counter against purple! The problem is that purple has never been the deck you need to counter

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

thetoughestbean posted:

The on attack effect is the same as the BT2 Gallantmon, iirc. It’s a good counter against purple! The problem is that purple has never been the deck you need to counter

Two shops I've played at over the last few weeks is a definate confirmation of this. I'm the only dedicated purple player between the two of them. Tons of "Yeah I have a purple deck but JESMON, CRANIMON AND GABUMON/AGUMON BOND IS SO GOOD." players.

Though all the green players like disappeared just as quickly as DD dropped.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

thetoughestbean posted:

Not quite, BT2 is 1 security per 10 cards in trash and Crimson Mode is the slightly better 1 per 10 plus one.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

We're getting lots of info in two months about the franchise as a whole.

https://twitter.com/digimonweb_net/status/1471646330065874945

It says "games"...but I'm not sure if I want to have hope anymore.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Man, I know its easy to be on the defensive when Digimon's always been a bit of a precarious franchise, but its kinda hard for me to get all the Survive pessimism. Maybe I'm used to it as a Nintendo fan but Pikmin 4's been "almost done" for years now, I can forgive Survive dragging its feet for a bit in the middle of a literal pandemic.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Some Numbers posted:

Not quite, BT2 is 1 security per 10 cards in trash and Crimson Mode is the slightly better 1 per 10 plus one.

I stand corrected!

https://twitter.com/digimonweb_net/status/1471646576254795778?s=21

In case anyone is interested (also I can’t wait for “PainterAgumon” to become its own Digimon)

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
I forgot that Pokemon Day is February 27th and wondered what the hell the event planners were thinking trying to go up against that mind share monolith for a quick minute.

Tentative content for the event according to the site:
- Digimon anime special planning segment. (So I guess some behind the scenes type stuff, maybe more on the 02 movie?)

- Digimon series game info segment. (Please be a formal release date announcement for Survive. Maybe even a teaser for the next Story game if they're feeling frisky. ReArise is close to ending it's second season though, I think, so there's content to be mined there even though Global isn't caught up. Doubt those new MMOs(?) from China and Korea get mentioned)

- Digimon Vital Bracelet Series new info and special app-related planning segment (Perhaps the JoH/KotG DiMs will be re-announced here? If those are still P-Bandai, maybe a new retail set will be announced. Probably more Raid announcements for the app going off the second part.)

- Announcement of the initial selection results of the Digimon Illustration Competition

- Special live performance by singer Ayumi Miyazaki

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The conference is going to be five minutes.

One minute for the presenter to get on stage.

Fifteen seconds for them to bring up the image of Digimon Colon Season 2

Forty Five seconds to let it sink in

And then three minute head start for them to run

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Burkion posted:

The conference is going to be five minutes.

One minute for the presenter to get on stage.

Fifteen seconds for them to bring up the image of Digimon Colon Season 2

Forty Five seconds to let it sink in

And then three minute head start for them to run
'Do none of you have phones?'

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Culumon AA is way too cute

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Ghost Game episode 11: that wasn't the episode I was expecting, but it was still quite a solid little character piece. It certainly had some interesting food for thought about Ruli in there, it seems like the stuff in this episode was a prelude to a future episode that would give more of her back story to provide a broader context for what she was doing here.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The best anime episode about a dog chasing his tail.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

The best anime episode about a dog chasing his tail.

Also a neat little piece of world building with the info network community that Angoramon is part of

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
X2 VPets are up for preorder in the US if anyone's interested:

Red & Gold

Grey & Gold

Purple & Silver

Navy & Silver

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Ghost Game Episode 12: hey this show is still pretty good. This episode wasn't a mystery, but unlike the fighting game episode it still had a horror theme, just of a different kind than usual with the show so far. It was much more a 50s style creature feature and I've got no problems with that. I think the show on the whole handled this outing better than episode 10 and was much more graceful at parlaying itself into a more standard Digimon monster of the week. Kudos also to the show also for putting over our heroes, I always appreciate when a show frames itself such that its protagonists look up to the challenge and are made to appear strong. Tesla Jellymon kicked a lot of butt in that fight, and Wezen Gammamon was totally going to kill all the Weedmon if that fight hadn't been interrupted...

And man alive was that a sudden spike in the stakes, I can't say I was particularly expecting WEEDMON to be an apocalyptic threat… Speaking of changes in the stakes, the preview for the next episode showed a Digimon being full on killed for the first time. And it doesn't look like when one of the racers in the death race was sucked into Metal Phantomon's scythe, that Gorimon is just dead I think. That was a Sealsdramon doing it right? It has both the knife and the laser sight.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Ghost Game 12: So at this point, Gammamon has three different Adult forms and Angoramon is still stuck as a Child? What's going on?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
This was maybe the episode where I noticed the off model animation the most, especially with poor Angoramon. I don't know whether I prefer him sliding so hard he morphs into Big Chungus, or him waddling up to a Weedmon to gently deck it across the face.

As for the evolutions, having multiple evolutions has always kinda been Gammamon's dealio, even just looking at the v-pets. I imagine things'll be a bit more "even" when it comes to their Perfect forms. I'm also not surprised Angoramon is taking the longest. Jellymon may've been the latest to join the group, but she's practically been attached to Kiyoshiro's hip since then. Meanwhile, we had an entire episode about how Angoramon and Rulli didn't really know each other super well, and the two still seem content to be leading separate yet intertwined lives rather than legit living with one another. In addition, from a pure power perspective, Angoramon's actually been the lowest of the three on the pecking order despite being the biggest and wisest. Remember that Jellymon had progressed to the second stage of manifestation that Bokomon was talking about, where she could freely interact with objects in the world around her. Angoramon, on the other hand, was still basically an image superimposed on the world, much like Dracmon. And even Dracmon could at least use his evil eyes to interact with the world, even if he couldn't handle corporeal objects.

I think one more spotlight episode will get Angoramon there, though. If he isn't a Champion by the next two episodes I'll be shocked.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Reminder that the show is on break next week.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Changing gears back to the card game for a moment, this combo is apparently taking the Japanese metagame by storm.

Card Effect:
You may digivolve this card from your hand onto one of your Tamers as if the Tamer is a level 6 Digimon by placing 10 Tamer cards and/or cards with [Hybrid] in their traits from your hand and/or trash at the bottom of your deck in any order.
Security Attack +2
[When Digivolving] Delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon.

They slot into a yellow deck with a bunch of Tamers and recovery.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

How do you get that many Tamers into your trash repeatedly?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Mega Digimon Fusion trashes all the digivolution materials, in this case your ten Tamers.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The Bee posted:

Mega Digimon Fusion trashes all the digivolution materials, in this case your ten Tamers.
Those ten tamers go to the bottom of the deck as part of the cost, not onto Susanoomon.

All I can figure is that the deck somehow cycles completely through itself extremely quickly so it can pay the "cost" every turn, but I'm not sure I understand how.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

girl dick energy posted:

Those ten tamers go to the bottom of the deck as part of the cost, not onto Susanoomon.

All I can figure is that the deck somehow cycles completely through itself extremely quickly so it can pay the "cost" every turn, but I'm not sure I understand how.

Is that so? At least from my read of the effect, it seems like you return the Digimon that Digivolved (Susanoomon) and trash the evolution cards (the ten tamers).

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

The Bee posted:

Is that so? At least from my read of the effect, it seems like you return the Digimon that Digivolved (Susanoomon) and trash the evolution cards (the ten tamers).

You do, but the ten tamers go to the bottom of the deck when susanoomon evolves so they are not there to be trashed at end of turn

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Oh! My bad, I misread how the initial Susanoomon Digivolution worked.

Combo still kinda owns because its a 1 cost Gaia Force that can then attack for 3 security after, though.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

girl dick energy posted:

How do you get that many Tamers into your trash repeatedly?

Tamers and Hybrids! You run the full suite of Yellow Hybrids (Kaze/Zephyr/JetSilphy) and stuff dies a lot.

JetSilphymon is the most important one, because you get to recover.

Oh, you can also put stuff in from your hand.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Here's a picture of one of the builds I've seen.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The Bee posted:

Oh! My bad, I misread how the initial Susanoomon Digivolution worked.

Combo still kinda owns because its a 1 cost Gaia Force that can then attack for 3 security after, though.

And if you have a Bokomon out, it actually costs -1

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Here's a picture of one of the builds I've seen.

Okay, this makes sense. Thank you.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
https://twitter.com/digimonweb_net/status/1476931202460356612?s=21

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

We have the summaries for episodes 14-16 as well as the title for 17. Obviously spoilery, click at your own risk, etc.

Episode 14- Zashiki-warashi (January 16)
Hiro Amanokawa and co. accompany Kiyoshiro Higashimitarai to a resort, where he is attending a conference. Hiro's partner Gammamon is still upset about Bokomon, so Hiro wants to do something to cheer Gammamon up. However, the place they are staying at is a haunted hotel where a zashiki-warashi is said to frequently prank the lodgers there. Many of the pranks are cute, such as moving the temari handball in the lobby or hearing the piano play out of nowhere. However, ever since Hiro and co. stay at the hotel, the pranks grow more and more frequent, troubling the employees. Just then, a package arrives at their room.

Episode 15- The Mystic's Lair (January 23)
There is a mysterious fortune-teller who can solve any problem you have 100%, but you never know when or where their abode will appear. The name of the fortune-teller is Mephisto. Ruli Tsukiyono's best friend Mika asks her to find Mephisto. While this is going on, Kiyoshiro's partner Jellymon rummages through junk in search of a bargain and comes upon an exquisitely well-made stone statue of a young woman. When Jellymon touches the eerie statue that is as black as darkness, Jellymon realizes that it is a human being transformed. The mysterious fortune-teller's house and the black statue... What is the horrible plan that connects these two?

Episode 16- Man-eating Forest (January 30)
Hiro takes Gammamon solo-camping with him, and hears from the campground manager that some campers have been leaving without paying lately, as though they had been spirited away. While enjoying camping, Hiro and Gammamon hear a scream from the nearby forest and enter it. Unfortunately, the forest is a terrible place where people who enter it are led astray by an eerie mist and go missing one by one. While surrounded by the mist, Hiro and co. are attacked by tree monsters. What on earth is going on in this forest?

Episode 17- Freezing Hell (February 6)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

suddenly worried about Bokomon's safety this week

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Nodosaur posted:

suddenly worried about Bokomon's safety this week

Guess his exposition was just too dangerous to the plot to allow him to live.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
I'm a little surprised that things are apparently staying fairly episodic after what looks to be a heavy episode this week. I wonder if Bokomon is an assassination target or if it gets caught in the crossfire. Is someone contracting Sealsdramon to do the hits? Perhaps the negative emotions caused will help fuel the eventual Gulus evolution? Episode 17 may be important as well if there's no summary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Got some cards announced from the next set!

quote:

Gallantmon X-Antibody
[Digivolve: 1 from [Gallantmon]]

[When Digivolving] Delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon with the lowest DP. If you did not delete a Digimon with this effect, unsuspend this Digimon.

[Your Turn] (Once per turn) When your opponent's Digimon is deleted, if this Digimon has [Gallantmon] or [X-Antibody] in its digivolution cards, trash the top card of your opponent's security stack.

quote:

X-Antibody
If you have a Digimon in play you may use this card in your hand ignoring its colour requirements.

[Security] Gain 1 memory and add this card to your hand.

[Main] Place this card as the bottom digivolution card of one of your Digimon without [X-Antibody] in its digivolution cards.
---
Inherited: [All Turns] [X-Antibody] can't be trashed from this Digimon's digivolution cards by card effects.

[When Attacking] You may digivolve this Digimon into a Digimon in your hand with [X-Antibody] in its traits by paying its digivolution cost.

quote:

Alphamon

[When Digivolving] Place 1 card with [X-Antibody] in its traits from your Trash to the bottom of this Digimon's Digivolution Source.

[Your Turn] (Once Per Turn) When this Digimon's Digivolution Source increases by effect, 1 of your opponent's Digimon gets <De-Digivolve 1>.

X-Antibody are fully here, and I’m… well I’m not super enthused. I just don’t like the X-Antibody re-designs. Alphamon is neat and a decent mega for the line, hopefully we finally get Ouryuken Mode as a level 7