Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:thunkher:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

we're at this cycle of the pandemic

https://twitter.com/Susannajd/status/1473400760255885317

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Gripweed posted:

I got a full course vaccination in February and then a cheeky second full course in August/September. Is it time for a booster for my first course of am I still good from the second?

I got my full course in March/April and my booster in August. My booster was a full dose of Moderna so depending on what your second full course was, that may have been more slutjuice. And I still got my second booster - Pfizer this time - just last week.
My general gut feeling would be never go more than 4 months between doses, and never go less than 3.

I am not a doctor and don't know much biology or medicine but I mean the worst case scenario is you get treatable myocarditis. The best case scenario is you have saved your life.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

AppleNippleBOB posted:

yo! Is this actually the number of availible ICU beds in the country???

Got a source on that? (*I believe you, but :rubby:)

Total Beds: 715,392
Beds in use: 541,756
COVID Beds: 69,037

Total ICU Beds: 80,727
ICU Occupancy: 61,574
COVID ICU: 16,474

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pillowpants posted:

those will go down a lot as staff gets covid

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I guess they can have positive staff wards

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!
Hello covrades. Thread's having an extremely mild one today, I see. I'm happy to report that covid is still over where I work - covid inpatients are up by a couple since yesterday, but not enough to be statistically significant, and regardless, nobody cares. Most people are not wearing N95s, although a few are, and nearly everyone is still dropping their mask to chat in the hallway and drink coffee in the break room. The "it's mild" belief has infected everyone except me, apparently, I've heard several people talking about it.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 364 days!
https://twitter.com/hyenasandgin/status/1471876054990180361?t=LY-KaMQQZPZLuo5_qSaPZg&s=19

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

What if covid was in peoples brains and making them make bad policy Decisions to perpetuate itself ???

Joe Biden caught such a bad case of COVID it made him vote for the Iraq War

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Furson of the year.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

COVID should not disrupt work for the vaccinated.

They can work through their illness.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Well, that press conference is exactly what I expected. RIP.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i guess one thing about all this is we might get a cure for cancer out of it

looks like theyre almost finished with the cure for rear end cancer

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/mayorcantrell/status/1473363367523987465
:coronatoot:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

I wonder how long it'll be before someone snaps and starts cooking up martens

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Pillowpants posted:

Seems fine.

euphronius posted:

Kylaer posted:

Hello covrades. Thread's having an extremely mild one today, I see. I'm happy to report that covid is still over where I work - covid inpatients are up by a couple since yesterday, but not enough to be statistically significant, and regardless, nobody cares. Most people are not wearing N95s, although a few are, and nearly everyone is still dropping their mask to chat in the hallway and drink coffee in the break room. The "it's mild" belief has infected everyone except me, apparently, I've heard several people talking about it.

calm down, its mild.

gently caress you

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dolphin posted:

You can't have cancer if you're dead

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

You can't have cancer if you're dead
tell that to henrietta

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Kylaer posted:

Glad you had a good day, people are dying all the loving time where I'm at. Bought a Buddhist book on grief today so maybe that will help.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

So covid does transmit through breast milk...

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

This spell rocks. It'll pop you right out of that funk.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Re:

Guess what just arrived in the mail!!!

https://i.imgur.com/yLWnrCs.mp4

I AM BECOME TRIVA, DESTROYER OF LUNGS
i'm dying (without covid)

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Asproigerosis posted:

So covid does transmit through breast milk...
what the hell have you been doing at that zoo

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Dolphin posted:

Funny how the death rate from COVID is just about to equivalent to the cancer rate. IIRC even if we cured cancer tomorrow we'd still be running at a higher mortality rate wrt pre-2020.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

euphronius posted:

Yeah it's called working your shift. Lol the only way you aren't working with covid in health care is if you are too dead to work.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Dolphin posted:

what the hell have you been doing at that zoo

Did you not see the video of my future wife breastfeeding her lynx on the plane?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

euphronius posted:

Yeah i mean..its not like Delaware only has 17 ICU beds or Rhode Island has 26 left or anything.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dolphin posted:

just stop using the garbage disposal, jfc

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
My university says the first two weeks of classes will be online only. The kids are mad. All the usual, we must live our lives, we want the college experience, just let us get herd immunity, we don't care anymore.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

who dies first Biden or the queen

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

YAS QUEEN

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Goobish posted:

Glad you had a good day, people are dying all the loving time where I'm at. Bought a Buddhist book on grief today so maybe that will help.

I don't have an explanation for why things aren't worse here. Masking in public is so-so, a fair number of people in the stores etc do wear them, but almost all are ineffective cloth/surgical stuff, with a few KF94s/KN95s mixed in. Restaurants are packed every evening. The delta wave in August/September never got that bad either. Maybe the people here are especially virtuous and are being rewarded by a just and caring god :thunk:

AOCIA
Nov 29, 2021

by sebmojo

trick question: the queen has been dead for weeks

biden has been dead for years

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I was wondering this yesterday

Probably Biden, the queen has been turtled up for months already, Biden is more of a gently caress and suck politician, eats at Applebee's

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Didn't see this as far as a few pages back. assuming the thread is aware but lol all the same

https://twitter.com/dsupervilleap/status/1473373121570910220?t=I6kemhITOoET7xW5zj4rOQ&s=19

"does the president have covid?"
"He's asymptomatic :smug:"

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

thinkin bout those mozz sticks and marinara sauce

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

slicing up eyeballs posted:

Didn't see this as far as a few pages back. assuming the thread is aware but lol all the same

https://twitter.com/dsupervilleap/status/1473373121570910220?t=I6kemhITOoET7xW5zj4rOQ&s=19
*cough*

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
the queen has an unlimited supply of children to harvest blood from for regeneration and biden has already run through half his family supply

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Also apparently a lot of big academic conferences are going back to online only again. The real question is why were they being held in person at all.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Nocturtle posted:

Also apparently a lot of big academic conferences are going back to online only again. The real question is why were they being held in person at all.

what part of "gently caress and suck" don't you understand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Nocturtle posted:

lol