Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Daily cases where at least a tenth of a percentile get infected.

Also the Queen's absolutely dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

there was no takedown though. The GBD was adopted as policy over the next year even. What the gently caress is the complaint. That winter 2020/21 had too many restrictions?
https://twitter.com/MartinKulldorff/status/1474030132256034823?s=20

quote:

It’s also possible that compromises might have been struck. One tenet of the Great Barrington Declaration was that schools should reopen immediately and broadly. In hindsight, it is now clear that reopening schools could have been done safely, as was done in many European nations in 2020 and in the U.S. in the fall of 2021, even before vaccines became available for children. A public forum between scientists might not have accepted all of the reasoning in the declaration, but might have reached a vital compromise, which would have benefitted millions of children, particularly poor or disadvantaged children — and their parents. Unfortunately, we failed them all.

Is it clear?

quote:

A dialogue might also have led to better strategies for nursing home residents, the group most decimated by Covid-19. The U.S. did not — but could have — launched a large, registry-based randomized trial in this cohort, similar to the U.K.’s recovery trial. Such a trial might have helped vaccinate more of these at-risk individuals sooner and, with the first hint of vaccine efficacy in November 2020, all participants could have been crossed over to receive vaccines. Other intense strategies to aggressively test nursing home workers may have been proposed and received unanimous support.

Why would a public debate have led to better nursing home policy. Nursing homes, in general, are warehouses for the unwanted staffed by the superexploited. No one in power gives a poo poo about what happens inside.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

I think this might make chuds more inclined to take it when they're at death's door.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

AppleNippleBOB posted:

Congrats on the new job, but I've gotta ask...

what is the logic behind the piss jugs? I mean, it sounds kinda fun, but.... can't you piss while wearing a respirator?

the piss jugs are unrelated to covid

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Eh, 120k? That'll take 1.33 years to get everyone to official poz. *yawn* Wake me when it's 1 MM+/day.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I continue to be really disappointed in people I know who I think of as smart and respectable that minimize and ignore. It brings me the most despair. People won't listen to me about it and worse, they won't even engage about it and justify their positions. They just put their heads in the sand and move on.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/CNBCClosingBell/status/1473780911649001476

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Jay thinks people endorsing restrictions to stop the spread of COVID are more unhinged than flat earthers
https://twitter.com/DrJBhattacharya/status/1474038215942180868?s=20

Jeffrey is pissed off that it took years to adopt Biden's strategy of deliberately infecting everyone
https://twitter.com/jeffreyatucker/status/1474050059075473410?s=20

New York City art dealer has moved on to fighting vaccine mandates
https://twitter.com/TheEliKlein/status/1474024065220423680?s=20

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

it’s crazy how you can go online and post straight up murder death cult poo poo and… nothing happens???

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Re: original antigenetic sin or whatever that thing with prior coronavirus infection is - I had Kawasaki disease as a child, which people think is caused by exposure to a (corona?)virus. There are many parallels between MIS-C and KD, and I wonder how that prior immune response (cytokine storm?) affects covid response. If IL-6 response to a coronavirus decades ago caused an autoimmune disease, then would that mean more or less risk from SARS-CoV-2?

I will say that when I was exposed to C19 i didn't have symptoms or IGG response when tested later, but i did have some nice little foot peeling

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

BONGHITZ posted:

the new dune movie was kinda dumb, no jokes, no mentats, nothin

the number of mentats was 2

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Strep Vote posted:

Maybe I'm weird for voluntarily restricting my lifestyle for years on end so I can't accidentally catch or superspread...

But at least I'm not these people.

I’m so glad I don’t live there, they’re just so irresponsible. It’s a reminder to my wife why we’re not going out and doing things like eating dinner or whatever. You honestly can’t trust anyone, not even family and vaccine mandates in dining in mean nothing as do masking requirements where people can walk around with face shields, bandanas, and dick nose.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

it’s crazy how you can go online and post straight up murder death cult poo poo and… nothing happens???

actually declaring you might want to do in the people that have the most responsibility for this mess, though, that's not done and would have fed boys on your doorstep in minutes

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

What are the goon approved vendors for *95 masks?

itstime4lunch
Nov 3, 2005

clockin' around
the clock

Gio posted:

thread title got me thinking

born to be mild
walk on the mild side
mild thing
mild nothings
the mild bunch
mild mild west
into the mild

sweet mild o’mi

itstime4lunch fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Dec 23, 2021

zone
Dec 6, 2016

External Organs posted:

I think this might make chuds more inclined to take it when they're at death's door.

if it's anything like the last pills we got, it probably won't change any outcomes

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Let's not judge COVID too harshly
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1474050200167759872?t=2Had3oBGiBrdkfzSCanCVA&s=19

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hahaha that is incredible

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Papes posted:

just read an idiotic take saying Omocron being mild is good in the long run because we can all get it and move on, and now I just want to scream

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

people still die wearing seatbelts, this is bullshit!!! ban seatbelts!!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

HES ON THR BOARD OF PFIZER!! what the gently caress he’s on every news show as an expert!!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Chris C--ns

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

two years into a pandemic that is just getting started “this is going to end soon”

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Every time I see that pic of the Merek pills, I marvel at their weirdly hotdog like colour

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist
any news on ages 2-5 vaccines? is pfizer going back to the drawing board looking at boosters for 6mo+ going to delay EUA for 2-shot regimen for 2-5? my kid turns 2 in March

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

as long as you're not threatening to hurt capital, you're not threatening anyone

zone
Dec 6, 2016

euphronius posted:

two years into a pandemic that is just getting started “this is going to end soon”
omicron is mild, so mild it'll cause a wave of mild death surpassing anything we've seen before, open motherfucking biden, all hope is lost

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Chris C**ns is from Deleware, I know this because I know my Nichael lore.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he’s on the board of pfizer!!

aaahhhhhhhaaaaabhahaha

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Holy poo poo, I'd be beside myself if I had a child that young

Is there really no way to test by specific year age?

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

the rapid emergence of an immune escape variant means the pandemic will soon be over, i explain, expertly

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

is covid good, actually?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Dustcat posted:

the rapid emergence of an immune escape variant means the pandemic will soon be over, i explain, expertly

don't forget that delta had like
25-30% immune escape on its own, lmao

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

E Depois do Adeus posted:

Re: original antigenetic sin or whatever that thing with prior coronavirus infection is - I had Kawasaki disease as a child, which people think is caused by exposure to a (corona?)virus. There are many parallels between MIS-C and KD, and I wonder how that prior immune response (cytokine storm?) affects covid response. If IL-6 response to a coronavirus decades ago caused an autoimmune disease, then would that mean more or less risk from SARS-CoV-2?

I will say that when I was exposed to C19 i didn't have symptoms or IGG response when tested later, but i did have some nice little foot peeling

I want to see autopsies on people who were infected after vaccination but died months/years later from something else - to see what the long term damage was to a vaccinated person

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

euphronius posted:

the number of mentats was 2

did your eyes white out and do a weird flickery thing while you typed that out

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

roughly 1/3 of Americans say they stopped adjusting their behavior because of the pandemic OVER A YEAR AGO with no plans to ever stop - regardless of what happens.

that describes a lot of people in this thread if you read it the right way

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
Woo covid thread my moms out of the hospital, a week getting O2 and remdesivir and a panoply of other drugs and shes home.

Shes got an incentive spirometer shes supposed to use 2-3x/hr til the shortness of breath goes away, which I'm told could be weeks. So that sucks but if that's the extent of the damage , I'll take it.

I visited her in the hospital quite a bit. I think its crazy to just let random idiots visit Covid patients, but there was a lot of stuff to do for her that the staff wouldn't or couldn't stay on top of and I know it made her stay less miserable.

But yeah seeing a guy dicknosing a surgical mask and clumsily donning a gown, mumbling 'good enough' and walking into a covid room was just a real stark reminder of the scale of stupidity we're working with.

Anyway, back to the past, this thread moves fast.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Salt Fish posted:

Chris C**ns is from Deleware, I know this because I know my Nichael lore.

[Mass Effect Codex voice]

Delaware, a state known throughout the planet for its lavish gently caress-N-Suck parties at the Manor of Ill Repute, soon became a hotspot for the cleansing virus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1474052582905573377