Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Very thin line between “Lego teasing an upcoming license” and “Lego hopping on a current event in a generic way because they don’t have the license.”

smackfu fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Dec 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Looks great. Saw this pop up first on the Lego Reddit and for a second was like wtf is this rear end in a top hat taking credit for carbohydrates' work.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Lizard Combatant posted:

I have a copy (well, gifted a copy) of this nova can attest to the quality of the prints and of course the build itself.

Same the print quality is probably better than what Lego does tbh

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

davebo posted:

Looks great. Saw this pop up first on the Lego Reddit and for a second was like wtf is this rear end in a top hat taking credit for carbohydrates' work.
Haha. I've had people message me on flickr linking me to my own reddit posts telling me someone's stealing my work. I do appreciate the good intentions!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Mameluke posted:

The other difference is that LotR is about killing dudes who look like orcs and the Matrix is about killing dudes who look like cops

What's the difference?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Lego has tragically never made an Orc Station modular

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Lego is releasing a Horizon Zero Dawn set next year (76989 Tallneck). Bit of a surprise, but looking forward to it.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

tuo posted:

Lego is releasing a Horizon Zero Dawn set next year (76989 Tallneck). Bit of a surprise, but looking forward to it.
I have had no interest in these pricey unsinkable boats or big starwar robots but I will line up at the dang LEGO store for a cyber giraffe no problem

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

tuo posted:

Wait what where are you seeing this also gimme

I mean maybe not that set, I'll also wait and see if they release any other sets

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Chairchucker posted:

Wait what where are you seeing this also gimme

I mean maybe not that set, I'll also wait and see if they release any other sets

Stonewars has the info.

No images yet but a set number (76989) and release date (May)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

tuo posted:

:eyepop:

Day one buy for me :homebrew:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

tuo posted:

Hopefully it comes with an Alloy figure for scale and fun climbing photos.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

duz posted:

What's the difference?

Orcs are too honest to have ever thought up civil asset forfeiture

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
As someone with a big honkin' robot shelf, it's definitely on the to buy list for next year. €80 MSRP feels reasonable too, especially for a licensed set. Definitely curious as to what it will actually look like, but I'm sure it'll be more brick for your buck than the Blizz webshop exclusive Bastion they did a few years ago.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life

davebo posted:

I also saw this on reddit and was wondering if that was Carbo. Also didn't know Carbo was from the Dallas area. Hi neighbor!

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

My local indie toy store with a Lego section was cleaned out today. Just whole shelves with a single “okay” set on each one. Really bad this year.

But somehow they still had six copies of the WW84 set.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

started out as the hot rod build of a 3 in 1 kit sometime, like back in summer

the only really bothersome thing, other than the absolutely maximum fragility, is that the roof isn't attached

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Oh, yeah, sorry for not providing the stoneware.de link for the Horizon set, I thought a german website wouldn’t help a lot, especially without leaked pics.

Curious about the pricing. 80 EUR for over 1000 pieces must mean a lot if greebling. Gonna be interesting.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I've never attempted to get a new modular right when they come out, how hard is it to get them? Will it only be available online or will LEGO Stores also get them (with respect to supply chain issues making that more difficult)?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
https://twitter.com/JordanMiddler/status/1474357309937704961?s=20

Robotnik is, uh, interesting.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
If only they had done the Mario sets this way.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well they wanted the Mario stuff to be an actual game. For better or worse that's what they did.

That Sonic set is pretty clearly a diorama targeted directly at dorks like us.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Robotnik looking a little rough... but it looks like it's modular, which is interesting.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
when i first saw the leaked minifigs i figured eggman would be inside a mech or something. it's still kinda possible but i'll just hope for another sonic set down the line.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

EvilJoven posted:

If only they had done the Mario sets this way.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Looks pretty dang decent. Wish they had done the mech, but it's pretty obvious the original submission was all Sonic Mania and the set pivoted to Sonic 1, so all good. It does not look fun to put together.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Apparently the first of the designer program sets were shipped out a few days ago so they’re showing up on Bricklink now if you want to pay a huge premium to get one yourself. Also the instructions are available now and Brickset has the parts lists.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Dec 24, 2021

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I've never attempted to get a new modular right when they come out, how hard is it to get them? Will it only be available online or will LEGO Stores also get them (with respect to supply chain issues making that more difficult)?

I remember last year I was online the morning of January 1 and the website was a mess. Eventually got it though so it worked out, but I feel like a month later it was easily purchasable so unless you've no backlog to work through it's not really worth the hassle. I'm just gonna wait for double vip points later in the year.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I like the original IDEAS version having the big Egg Robo mech - but the diorama they've created has a nice variety of things.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Yikes, just noticed the stickers on the 1 x 2 x 5 bricks. That looks pretty janky.

Not something I ever thought I'd say, but: I'd rather just stack 30 1 x 1 plates.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Blue Moonlight posted:

Theres yer Sonic lego set leaked
I'll happily buy this thing despite Robotnik's weird head. I don't really need any big mechs in my life so robotnik in the little flying contraption is fine.

like it a lot better than the submitted one with the weird sonic mania robots

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Sivart13 posted:

I'll happily buy this thing despite Robotnik's weird head. I don't really need any big mechs in my life so robotnik in the little flying contraption is fine.

like it a lot better than the submitted one with the weird sonic mania robots
I thought the original was great. Sonic Mania is the best Sonic game it's true, don't even deny it so I was super into the original submission and its characters being themed around that.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Brb making a Sega Genesis version of the NES mario scroller

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

davebo posted:

I remember last year I was online the morning of January 1 and the website was a mess. Eventually got it though so it worked out, but I feel like a month later it was easily purchasable so unless you've no backlog to work through it's not really worth the hassle. I'm just gonna wait for double vip points later in the year.

Actually I have no backlog, I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do between trying to get the new modular when it comes out vs. getting Assembly Square now and building it during my holiday break.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sega’s Green Hill Zone mandate strikes again.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Chairchucker posted:

Hmmm, first time I've had this happen in a set. I've gone ahead and requested a replacement, hope it doesn't take long.

In what I am calling a Christmas Miracle, my part apparently got delivered on either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Carbohydrates posted:

Yikes, just noticed the stickers on the 1 x 2 x 5 bricks. That looks pretty janky.

Not something I ever thought I'd say, but: I'd rather just stack 30 1 x 1 plates.

Wait, those are stickers? Ugh….

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Got the FRIENDS Apartment set from the family, now for a relaxing few days to putting it together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

tomapot posted:

Trying to hide my excitement as my wife just said she loves the home alone set. She’s is support of my habit but never joined in. Dare I get her Lego for Xmas, that seems kinda like sneaky buying myself a gift.

After the three of us opened our presents I brought recycling out to the garage and returned with one last gift. I said Santa left a family gift for all of us and as we started to open it my wife said “it’s the Home Alone set!” So happy I grabbed it; family build, her first build and a holiday decoration we can put up year after year.

Oh and she got me the Christmas Wreath set and a print of the Lego patent. So nice Lego Xmas all around.