Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Hell I’m anime grunting right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

HD DAD posted:

Hell I’m anime grunting right now

HNG that's my HYUP secret, HYAH, cap HOOAH

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I avoided these issues by playing in Japanese as always

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

I just got to aerith and so far there is no one twalking wike thiws uwuwu or having a verbal tic they say after every sentence so it's not that bad actually.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I avoided these issues by playing in Japanese as always

Somebody was just telling me that there are actually less of these "anime react noises" in the Japanese voice track? If true, that's even weirder, that the dub would actually add them.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Darkoni posted:

I just got to aerith and so far there is no one twalking wike thiws uwuwu or having a verbal tic they say after every sentence so it's not that bad actually.

Yeah the character dialogue and VA work was a huge highlight of the game for me, they got everyone so right

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

The anime grunts are annoying but I don’t know if it’s pandering to horny weirdos

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Basically just sit back and enjoy the excellent VA work. It's a top tier FF in that aspect and you'll get none of the cringy ahegao weeb grunts, squeeks, vocalizations and mannerisms that plagued FF7r.

Zedsbrainddead

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
I will admit that Tifa talking about sweating and showers constantly was definitely noticeable, but it perhaps made her seem like she had some sort of hyperhidrosis sweating problem more than making her sexier.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
It's ironic cause Tifa talking about sweating and showering made me all hot and sweaty and I had to take a shower myself.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Vanille's combat grunts in XIII were insanely annoying though. The actual character/voice acting was fine for story stuff but I hated using her in combat because of the OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOs and HNNYYYYYYYYUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHs

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

ff7r is fun and i hate everything about the last couple pages

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
sorry folks. i guess the conspicuous noises and animations that only exist in this genre are just incidental background stuff with no intent behind it. the creators probably generated these things automatically.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Person with sexualized monster girl avatar: I don't want to be associated with THOSE people.

someone in gbs bought that for me as a joke. i haven't thought of anything to replace it yet, didn't really want an avatar. but yes i know, probably time to pay $10 and get rid of it.

ah gently caress it i'll stop posting in this thread. it's a fan thread so there's no point in coming in with these kind of opinions.

roomtone fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 23, 2021

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thanks!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
final fantasy is good those who disagree are stupid

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Ciaphas posted:

ff7r is fun and i hate everything about the last couple pages

final fantasy 7 remake is good. i like cloud. i like barret. i like aerith. i like tifa. i like them all... classic and unforgettable cast of characters...

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
FF thread is the same thread that produced that legendary poster that got really loving mad that Zidane had a tail like Goku

Or that one person that literally thought Tidus still super hated jecht at the end

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Barret is hot and I wish he anime grunted more

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

roomtone posted:

some of them are fine obviously, battle grunts and whatever, but they're all woven into this tapestry of ASMR anime seduction.

tifa was already one of the most lusted after characters in games, they didn't really need to add *sighs sleepily* *does anime boob stretch* "could kill for a shower" "worked up a good sweat!" every couple of of minutes to lock people in with sex appeal. they make sure you hear every breath she and aerith take in cutscenes. it's too much.

it's a weird disconnect with a lot of their audience because there are people like me who don't play many games with this stuff in it specifically because i think that's about 90% of the appeal and the rest is just filler, but who did play FF7 as a kid and are excited as adults to return to that world, then find that it's actually filled with content intended for the niche sexy anime audience. i think people were expecting a different tone. it's pretty much impossible to ignore if you know what it is. maybe if i didn't know what it is, and didn't recognise the sighs and animations as being 1:1 from other anime games i've bounced out of, it wouldn't have bothered me. but if you know, you know.

i remember thinking pretty early on when you meet tifa like 'oh, this is going to be one of those kind of games...', which for some reason i didn't expect.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

final fantasy 7 remake is good. i like cloud. i like barret. i like aerith. i like tifa. i like them all... classic and unforgettable cast of characters...

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
FF7R is good because there's as many sexy male grunts as there are sexy female grunts.

Horny grunting for everyone!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
not every grunting noise is erotic what the gently caress is going on here what is wrong with you people (or person I guess)

roomtone posted:

sorry folks. i guess the conspicuous noises and animations that only exist in this genre are just incidental background stuff with no intent behind it. the creators probably generated these things automatically.

someone in gbs bought that for me as a joke. i haven't thought of anything to replace it yet, didn't really want an avatar. but yes i know, probably time to pay $10 and get rid of it.

ah gently caress it i'll stop posting in this thread. it's a fan thread so there's no point in coming in with these kind of opinions.

you're old and don't know what anime is please try to be less old

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Mega64 posted:

FF7R is good because there's as many sexy male grunts as there are sexy female grunts.

Horny grunting for everyone!

What can I say? You guys are… the best!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Tae posted:

FF thread is the same thread that produced that legendary poster that got really loving mad that Zidane had a tail like Goku

Or that one person that literally thought Tidus still super hated jecht at the end

The one thing I don't like that they did with Zidane is they basically shrank him for Dissidia onwards. He's supposed to be like the same height as Squall and other protags, but they just made him basically a head shorter for... reasons?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

The FF9 cast have different proportions so alongside other characters you either shrink Zidane or he looks like you unlocked DK Mode

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Zidane/Vivi/Eiko are lalafell height imho

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

The one thing I don't like that they did with Zidane is they basically shrank him for Dissidia onwards. He's supposed to be like the same height as Squall and other protags, but they just made him basically a head shorter for... reasons?

Zidane is either tiny or several other cast members are loving giants

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Isn't it a thing where he's short and kinda young-looking for his age as a clue that he's a Genome that doesn't age like normal people?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

Isn't it a thing where he's short and kinda young-looking for his age as a clue that he's a Genome that doesn't age like normal people?

he’s of average height compared to everyone else in the cast, it’s just stylistic

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

:hai:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
pictured: what zidane would look like in realistic proportions

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tae posted:

show me the posts or it didnt happen

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
i believe it because goons are well known for not understanding simple stories or character motivations

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That was clearly a high five of hatred at the end.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
he was going to open palm slap jecht at the end but slipped and gave him a high five instead

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

ApplesandOranges posted:

Also worth noting that gun damage is completely independent of character stats, so they can be thrown onto a mage or something with little penalty, but it also means they hit their ceiling by midgame and won't improve aside from getting better guns/ammo.

Also a lot of enemies (mostly bosses and elite marks) get an ability at certain HP thresholds that reduces gun damage by 87.5%, making guns a pretty bad choice for fights against most special enemies. One thing that you can do that some people take advantage of is using guns to heal, basically you equip armor that absorbs an element and give your healer a gun with that element and shoot everyone to heal them. Since guns ignore defense and aren't dependent on the user's stats, it works pretty decent.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
I wanna hear about the goon that was mad zidane had a tail

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pyrus Malus posted:

I wanna hear about the goon that was mad zidane had a tail

I think I remember this guy, called Zidane having a tail DBZ poo poo or something, IIRC

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I mean they weren't wrong. Zidane and Goku have ninety percent the same origin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It is absolutely some Dragon Ball poo poo but also that rules