Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
https://twitter.com/antifatwa/status/1474169840021778437?t=4EN3Ckej7Q8g2ZPqzraWfg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Atrocious Joe posted:

Can medical staff wear N95s without a surgical over it in most hospitals

At first I thought this meant can they wear n95 without being in surgery for covid and I was going to say no it scares the patients.

Then I realized you meant double masking and why bother covid is over, when every patient has covid and the halls are dank with covid miasma what's the point? You'll just scare the patients.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Quebec is over 9000 cases today and a 20% positivity rate. 3 days ago it was a 10% positivity rate. Exponential as everywhere else I suppose but still a trip to experience.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/petemuntean/status/1474192146966237189?t=p88pof1hWPEtVS3NPzmDcA&s=19

I shouldn't be laughing but here we are

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Libs getting pre-taaaayyyy pre-taaaayyyy anti-negative covid news

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

papa horny michael posted:

I just woke up from having passed out I guess with a fever and nausea and dry cough uh oh

thank you for posting before seeking medical help

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Lol lmao

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

ETA until passengers riot? :thunk:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

facetoucher cat posted:

I shouldn't be laughing but here we are

hell they're saving lives lmao

The Littlest Hobo
Dec 26, 2004

Province ran out of testing capacity so PCR tests are limited to medical staff. Just take a 40 dollar test or one of the non-existence take home tests which aren't reported and you can have an antigen test that doesn't prove anything. Love watching everything spiral out of control again

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

More

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Oh loving no how could I see this loving happen I'm freakin dumb as gently caress

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
My dad called to tell me my unvaccinated uncle has (wow I was really sure of where this was going) cancer.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

lol delta shut down by omicron. kind of reminds me of the coronavirus

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Delta teams have been exhausted

Omicron teams are moving in to replace them

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Durf posted:

we love the desperation of collapsing empire, don't we folks

gonna be rad juxtaposing the dancing nurses against the oncoming tsunami of death

Someone needs to edit out the hospital hi-five split screen part and replace it with morgue truck footage.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Lol the international planes are being grounded because the plague disabled all the flight crew, and not for biological safety

I guess it's time for material reality to cancel brunch even if the government wont

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

right, it seems that Melbourne airport hasn't had to shutdown but loads of flights have been cancelled instead due to staff shortages

https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1474195268195299331

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Zisky posted:

My dad called to tell me my unvaccinated uncle has (wow I was really sure of where this was going) cancer.

Cumcer

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Zisky posted:

misdirection is a key element to many jokes (your uncle)

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

At first I thought this meant can they wear n95 without being in surgery for covid and I was going to say no it scares the patients.

Then I realized you meant double masking and why bother covid is over, when every patient has covid and the halls are dank with covid miasma what's the point? You'll just scare the patients.

I was going off as non-staff being told I could only wear an n95 if I put a surgical over it. not that it did anything.

everyone else was just in surgical masks

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
stop talking about all this bad news guys. let’s share some good news for once.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

fosborb posted:

misdirsemen is a key element to many jokes (your uncum)

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/MartinKulldorff/status/1474162559037194240?s=20

sure martin

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Lastgirl posted:

Shingata korona uirusu...jakuten wa nai~

i'm sure it has a small thermal exhaust port leading directly to the reactor core or somethin'

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Stereotype posted:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1473965466720821249?s=20

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

I'm not sure if this would work at all but swap the audio of the white house nurses with the dancing Myanmar coup girl

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

weird how everyone in our flying disease tubes is getting sick, oh well... nothing to do now but let everyone working in every industry get sick at once

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat this mask is only n80

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Stereotype posted:

i heard on NPR that we are continuing to round the corner on covid and are headed back to normalcy

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

there are definitely multiple planes just sitting on the tarmac waiting for the dwindling ground crews to open a loving gate

thousands of people stewing in tubes of concentrated covid miasma for hours

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Atrocious Joe posted:

I was going off as non-staff being told I could only wear an n95 if I put a surgical over it. not that it did anything.

everyone else was just in surgical masks

Yeah that tactic was so you could keep using the n95 for 6 months as though putting a basic rear end 3 ply surgical mask on top magically extends the life of a single use respirator. I'm sure we will run out of ppe again shortly.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

PDP-1 posted:

i heard on NPR that we are continuing to round the corner on covid and are headed back to normalcy

the 18 months of reopening have been something

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Horseshoe theory posted:

ETA until passengers riot? :thunk:

I'm guessing I'll wake up to some fun videos of suburban housewives melting down bc I was promised a loving vacation this year and come hell or high-water we're going to Cancún

fosborb posted:

hell they're saving lives lmao

Exactly. Performing a public health service

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

PDP-1 posted:

You think the people who put that segment together actually believe that at all?

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
but that WHO doctor tweeting from the plane said that flying is safe. What’s the hold up? I was supposed to be at Applebee’s with my entire family by now

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
A martini glass is self-regulating, because if you get drunk enough you’ll spill alcohol out of it and it prevents further alcohol consumption

Similarly, airlines are self-regulating, because if there’s enough infection it shuts down flights and prevents further infection

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PDP-1 posted:

na man, covid is spikin and surgin omicon bought to extinct everything

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Steve Yun posted:

A martini glass is self-regulating, because if you get drunk enough you’ll spill alcohol out of it and it prevents further alcohol consumption

Similarly, airlines are self-regulating, because if there’s enough infection it shuts down flights and prevents further infection

I know this is a bizarre hope but I'm kind of hoping poo poo just shuts itself down due to the nature of people being sick and this fixes itself naturally.

(I know I'm just wishing for unicorns)

Crazypoops fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

an actual frog posted:

So's there a story behind EXHALE FILTER label or are ya just being proactive? Love the look tho

just being proactive