Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

What's up with that av.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Pablo Nergigante posted:

What's up with that av.

kntfkr posted:

One time me and my wife were driving home from work which was a straight shot down the Delaware River and the banks are hellishly infested by illegal immigrant geese who fly down from Canada and they don't respect cars or god-fearing ducks or car horns. Well there's this PA car stopped right after a light at the bottom of a small hill, totally stopped to wait for these geese that are still like 10+ ft away from the road to waddle on up and slowly cross the street. So I crossed the double yellow, sped up and passed that idiot while honking and giving him the finger out the window.

edit: just remembered my wife had her arm out the window flipping the bird as well.

Next day we get into work and the new hire in my office whose second day it was says to me "Boy, you sure hate geese!" and I say "What? Oh yeah... you saw that?" kinda embarrassed like, then he says "Yeah, I saw it. You flipped me off and passed me doing 50 in a 25." Then I berated him for braking for geese and he got fired within a month because he was supposed to be sales and couldn't sell poo poo. Probably because he was too busy eating goose pussy, the tosser.

haha

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

youre epic

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

In Training posted:

i think dw7 is the longest game I've ever played

i think i played xenoblade chronicles 2 and maybe even persoyna 5 the same length of time but dw7 definitely felt the longest

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Frenz posted:

i think i played xenoblade chronicles 2 and maybe even persoyna 5 the same length of time but dw7 definitely felt the longest

persona 5 would probably be longer if i didnt quit in disgust 3/4ths of the way through. xbc2 i probably spent more time in but its also loaded with modern game time sucking side Content, dq7 is striking bc its a massive series of stories that are all required to see the finale

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

In Training posted:

persona 5 would probably be longer if i didnt quit in disgust 3/4ths of the way through. xbc2 i probably spent more time in but its also loaded with modern game time sucking side Content, dq7 is striking bc its a massive series of stories that are all required to see the finale

yeah

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

hmm

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

DQ7 is the Return of the King of games. For real

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
That guy fucks geese

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i'm not reading that.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

I don't know where else to post this and I didn't want to m ake a new thread

The squaresoft Car RPG that was japan only for PSX is finally translated fully

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UznHtJvb4rs

Looks awesome and has great music

been mening to play this and other psx poo poo but i barely made progress with current games

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

That guy fucks geese

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

ArfJason posted:

been mening to play this and other psx poo poo but i barely made progress with current games

gently caress current games

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
bad wording i mean games im currently playing

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

b_d posted:

i'm not reading that.

I read it and it was a big mistake.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

gently caress current games

the year of retro gaming is going strong into its 6th year at my house

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

trying to jack off posted:

the year of retro gaming is going strong into its 6th year at my house

Semper

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I don't even know where else to post this so I guess I'll post it here. Over the summer I found the dream 32 inch WEGA from some guy on craiglist and told my fiancé I needed her car to bring it home. needless to say I hosed up her car door and it doesn't close right trying to get it in the backseat and it also hosed up her entire backseat me trying to push it in, and I'm pretty sure the guy who helped me lift it got a hernia, but man does Point Blank 2 look great on it. 5th CRT in 4 years baby!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

In Training posted:

i think dw7 is the longest game I've ever played
As I 13 year old I was obsessed with dbz and would hang out on forums about it and stuff, and I always remember this dude posting in a gaming thread about his progress in DW7. I swear he was playing the game for years and his updates would always be like "Ok well I hit the 90 hour mark and I just got out of the second town, it's getting pretty good now"

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I don't even know where else to post this so I guess I'll post it here. Over the summer I found the dream 32 inch WEGA from some guy on craiglist and told my fiancé I needed her car to bring it home. needless to say I hosed up her car door and it doesn't close right trying to get it in the backseat and it also hosed up her entire backseat me trying to push it in, and I'm pretty sure the guy who helped me lift it got a hernia, but man does Point Blank 2 look great on it. 5th CRT in 4 years baby!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

my god

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i know they have their flaws (some input delay, light guns don't work) but i got a 100hz widescreen crt and some late cycle ps2 games look just look absolutely mind blowing on it since they were designed for that exact setup. every home definitely needs a roster of at least 3 crts to make sure each game is experienced optimally

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im playing retro games on my mega high dpi 5k imac, which is simply the perfect screen for CRT mimicking shaders.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trying to jack off posted:

i know they have their flaws (some input delay, light guns don't work) but i got a 100hz widescreen crt and some late cycle ps2 games look just look absolutely mind blowing on it since they were designed for that exact setup. every home definitely needs a roster of at least 3 crts to make sure each game is experienced optimally

i simply will not rest until my house looks like the tv section of best buy circa 2004

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dungeon encounters rules lmfao, it's basically just one of those old text rpgs where the whole game is to go into the dungeon to grind for better stuff to go deeper in the dungeon. nails it perfectly, down to poo poo like the stratum 2 music straight up bein night on bald mountain because they didnt want to write their own stuff and dont have to pay rights for it. ive done like three hours and i'm on floor 10 so it feels like a nice length

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao actually its all classical music covers that uematsu did on an electric guitar

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm on the way to getting Ending E in Nier Replicant and I dunno if it's because I knew most of the plot stuff going in (figured I'd never play it a few years ago lol), played Automata first or whatever, but I haven't hugely enjoyed it tbh. It has some really cool moments but it absolutely hasnt been worth playing through the entire second half of the game three full times for the sake of 10 additional dialogue lines. I think ive had to take the stupid mine cart tgrough the junk heap like 12 times at this point

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
It feels like a prototype of automata in a lot of ways.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
nier automata is a top 5 all time game and replicant barely cracks the top 100

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I figured from how route B and C in Automata were extremely different (with C literally being all new) that people's complaints about Replicant were similarly overblown. lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Automata is so good some theorize drakengard is boring and annoying on purpose as an anti war statement.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I felt the opposite where I didn’t mind redoing it in Replicant because it was just a few hours, got faster each time as you leveled up and upgraded your gear, and I enjoyed the gameplay enough that the little extra context each time was enough for me. Whereas in Route B of Automata you play through the entire game again except instead of playing as the cool lady doing sick poo poo you’re her obnoxious sidekick playing the same lovely hacking minigame 1 million times. And then you C route is all new but you still spend half of it on that same minigame

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I nearly lost my mind when you get to the sea monster in B route, and instead of hijacking the coastal defense cannon and blasting the monster like in A route, 9S says he needs to calibrate the aiming systems on the cannon and you do the hacking game again

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I got the tude now posted:

Automata is so good some theorize drakengard is boring and annoying on purpose as an anti war statement.

lol

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I nearly lost my mind when you get to the sea monster in B route, and instead of hijacking the coastal defense cannon and blasting the monster like in A route, 9S says he needs to calibrate the aiming systems on the cannon and you do the hacking game again

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fair. I was enjoying the narrative enough at that point to play a bunch of asteroids in 2019 though.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The hacking mini game owns because of the cool chiptune music. My first five or six full trips through the Junk Heap were also justified by the music but that started wearing thin by the ninth or tenth

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Automata and Replicant both kick rear end. Topic Locked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The hacking mini game owns because of the cool chiptune music. My first five or six full trips through the Junk Heap were also justified by the music but that started wearing thin by the ninth or tenth

The one badass part of hacking is when you use it repeatedly on the very last fight