Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

That Rage cover was really really bad.

They were onstage and the lead singer said she had to pee. Then some series of events lead to her inviting a fan onstage because they agreed to let her pee on her. She then dropped her pants and peed on his face onstage in front of everyone.
And she really, really had to pee

Edit: a most triumphant snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

galagazombie posted:

That’s what I’m saying. I’ve never heard a single person say anything positive about her attractiveness. Not that that should matter, but as you said we live in a world dictated by what generates profit from the horny old pervs/horny young teens demographic.

Let's not get ridiculous. She's a striking and statuesque woman, and it's been commented on extensively (it was essentially the hook of her entire appearance on SNL). It's just that she's literally the actress Jay Sherman dates in the first episode of The Critic:

"Oh, I'll give you a kiss alright...A KISS OF DEATH!"

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

The Modern Leper posted:

Let's not get ridiculous. She's a striking and statuesque woman, and it's been commented on extensively (it was essentially the hook of her entire appearance on SNL). It's just that she's literally the actress Jay Sherman dates in the first episode of The Critic:

"Oh, I'll give you a kiss alright...A KISS OF DEATH!"

I don’t really think we can get further into this argument without it getting into weird territory where a bunch of goons are ogling women so let’s agree to disagree and end the conversation.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
We can just stick with her being a bad actor, because she is

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Gal Gadot: bad actor on the sound stage.
Israel: bad actor on the global stage.

It's like poetry etc etc

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

joylessdivision posted:

Vince is just a carny who got obscenely rich. He's still a raving lunatic with all the usual weirdness that comes with someone who spends basically their whole life in the wrestling business, but he's also got billions of dollars.

Also I'm pretty sure he was Donald Trump's role model.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

galagazombie posted:

That’s what I’m saying. I’ve never heard a single person say anything positive about her attractiveness. Not that that should matter, but as you said we live in a world dictated by what generates profit from the horny old pervs/horny young teens demographic.

Counter anecdote: youre the first person Ive ever seen have the opinion that she isnt attractive

Shes has weirdly random moments of good acting in her movies but 90% of the time she basically sounds like Tommy Wisseau.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I have a dark part of me that wants to see Gal Gadot in a film noir. For the novelty of her delivering the lines but the fact she can look the part of the femme fatale.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also I'm pretty sure he was Donald Trump's role model.

They're legit best friends and I'm like 99% sure that Trump is Vince's only real friend.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

she was the striking attractive ex-mossad in the Fast and Furious series until her character got killed off via heroic sacrifice

apparently snyder was the one was heavily influenced the decision to cast her as WW and she was about to leave hollywood prior to that casting, so that's one thing we can blame him for that!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Gatts posted:

I have a dark part of me that wants to see Gal Gadot in a film noir. For the novelty of her delivering the lines but the fact she can look the part of the femme fatale.

Gal Gadot + Alden Ehrenreich's character from Hail, Caesar! in a film noir

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Saddest Rhino posted:

she was the striking attractive ex-mossad in the Fast and Furious series until her character got killed off via heroic sacrifice

apparently snyder was the one was heavily influenced the decision to cast her as WW and she was about to leave hollywood prior to that casting, so that's one thing we can blame him for that!
I've watched the big scene at the end of WW84 where she is supposed to be doing the Heroic Speech (TM) to the villain, and it's completely incomprehensible. Now some of that is Patty Jenkins' bad script, but yikes it's rough

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Enos Cabell posted:

Gal Gadot + Alden Ehrenreich's character from Hail, Caesar! in a film noir

Yes. Please.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Vandar posted:

They're legit best friends and I'm like 99% sure that Trump is Vince's only real friend.

They’re more than likely half brothers since Vince’s dad definitely cucked Trump’s dad.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ruddiger posted:

They’re more than likely half brothers since Vince’s dad definitely cucked Trump’s dad.

That feels like it explains so much.

Also pretty sure Trump learned what genuine political skills he has from wrestling. The 2016 election was basically one big WWE storyline.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That feels like it explains so much.

Also pretty sure Trump learned what genuine political skills he has from wrestling. The 2016 election was basically one big WWE storyline.

The main reason that the Washington establishment did not like Trump is that he would not maintain kayfabe.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Vandar posted:

There's a story that during a storyline where Vince fake dbeing hurt/dead, Trump called to make sure he was okay.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to go the slightly contrarian view where I've never felt that Gal Gadot was especially bad but also she's never felt especially good either.

Okay there's the one bit in the first Wonder Woman where she's walking the streets of the outside world for the first time and is like "Oooh, a baby!" and that was cute. That was it.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
Gadot has some natural charisma and screen presence which has carried her pretty far but unlike someone like Arnold Schwarzenegger she can't thread the needle between naturalistic yet stiff in her line delivery and emotional inflection as well as him.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Some producer thought she should do work out videos, which is wild on multiple levels.

She was a military fitness instructor in the idf, so that guy probably has some weird fetish involving the occupation and burning kids up with phosphorus bombs.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

MonsieurChoc posted:

There's a story that during a storyline where Vince fake dbeing hurt/dead, Trump called to make sure he was okay.
Yes his limo gets blown up or something, and Trump loving thought it was real

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

FlamingLiberal posted:

I've watched the big scene at the end of WW84 where she is supposed to be doing the Heroic Speech (TM) to the villain, and it's completely incomprehensible. Now some of that is Patty Jenkins' bad script, but yikes it's rough

WW84 is fascinating to me because they take a formula that worked really quite well in the first film (London section aside), and go completely off the rails. Jenkins loses whatever directorial touch she had that made Gadot competent, and instead focuses on trying her best to make a spiritual successor to Supergirl (1984). All I can think is that between the two of them they had enough pull from the first Wonder Woman's success that no one was allowed to intervene and say "this is bad, please change it".

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I didn’t even realize it but it reminds of the 90s Wonder Woman pilot where she like works at a cosmetics firm or something

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Vandar posted:

Trump put his wife in the loving US Cabinet. This was also after she blew something like 100 million dollars on two consecutive elections for the Senate where she got like 40% of the vote each time.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Wasn't there also a storyline where Vince resigned in favor of Trump, and the WWE stock started plummeting and they had to break the storyline to assure everyone that Trump wasn't actually taking over?

Jutsuka
Jun 5, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

I didn’t even realize it but it reminds of the 90s Wonder Woman pilot where she like works at a cosmetics firm or something

The David E. Kelley Wonder Woman pilot was 2011 not the 90's.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

Not only that, but Trump bought the WWE as part of a storyline leading up to him appearing in Bobby Lashley's (who he referred to as "the black one" in a promotional interview) corner at a Wrestlemania, and supposedly before selling it back later in the show, the stock dropped enough for a people to notice.

Edit: sorry, Chairman, didn't see the post that mentioned this

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

All I can think is that between the two of them they had enough pull from the first Wonder Woman's success that no one was allowed to intervene and say "this is bad, please change it".

Justice League theatrical and Suicide Squad are the worst DCEU movies and the ones with the most studio intervention, so I think that would have definitely made it even worse.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Vince is exactly as bad a person as Elon Musk or any other billionaire, but he's slightly more respectable because in no world would Elon agree to be repeatedly hit in the head with a bedpan for Tesla.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I'm the one who frustratedly asked why oh why won't she just go away and thank you for giving me one more thing to hate that dude for.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Vince is exactly as bad a person as Elon Musk or any other billionaire, but he's slightly more respectable because in no world would Elon agree to be repeatedly hit in the head with a bedpan for Tesla.

He would totally do that for twitter likes

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
elon always has to win, just look at the fluffing he got on SNL

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Lorne needs to be put in a home.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Vince is loving weird even by the standards of the rich and strange. Or maybe it just seems that way because Elon Musk doesn't produce 5+ hours of television every week offering a direct insight into his mental process.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Alan Smithee posted:

elon always has to win, just look at the fluffing he got on SNL

It doesn't help that Colin Jost gets upset whenever a joke about Musk and/or Tesla makes it to the live show.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Lorne forbid them to make fun of Trump when he was on in ‘16. I’m sure it was a similar deal with Musk.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
A couple of the SNL rumor twitters mentioned a few of the cast members refused to take part in the Musk episode until Lorne offered a compromise that if they appeared in one skit they could a few episodes off to do personal projects.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Pope Corky the IX posted:

It doesn't help that Colin Jost gets upset whenever a joke about Musk and/or Tesla makes it to the live show.

lol why am I not surprised.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

A couple of the SNL rumor twitters mentioned a few of the cast members refused to take part in the Musk episode until Lorne offered a compromise that if they appeared in one skit they could a few episodes off to do personal projects.
Maybe tell people who can’t have a few jokes made at their expense to gently caress off?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

ruddiger posted:

I'm also going to go ahead and say again DJTjr looks way more like Vince than he does Donald sr, you can infer why.

edit poo poo Don jr looks more like Vince than Vince's recognized biological son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Alan Smithee posted:

PANTS TO BE DARKENED