Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Fartington Butts posted:

This is getting real bad with video games as well. A Wonder Woman game just got announced via a teaser and I'm sure it won't be shown again for another two years.

Video games are the worst because the odds of the game disappearing forever feel quite high, even from established studios.

ghostwritingduck fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Dec 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fartington Butts posted:

This is getting real bad with video games as well. A Wonder Woman game just got announced via a teaser and I'm sure it won't be shown again for another two years.

winner of a thousand E3 awards!!!!

*launches as a broken loving mess*

Ah well

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKY7ZFabTq8

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Was about to post this. Best line delivery of the word I've ever seen, and that alone makes Alien 3 worthwhile.

[edit] The way he grabs and holds on to the chair and poo poo too. Gets me every time.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Big mistake for this franchise to go in-depth on the Assassin Organization. In part one it was this weird, fun thing that was on the periphery of the story. The more you learn about it, the more you say to yourself "this is loving stupid", but not in a good way.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
So are they now an interplanetary assassin empire and JW is the lost son of the Great Space Wizard Emperor Assassin who kills planets (in a cool way)? Or is that #5?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Collateral posted:

So are they now an interplanetary assassin empire and JW is the lost son of the Great Space Wizard Emperor Assassin who kills planets (in a cool way)? Or is that #5?

He's going up against the High Table this time to take them out once and for all!

Also this time Donnie Yen is here. :cheer:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Collateral posted:

It could be an interdimensional assassin empire, considering that one of the other names on the board is T. Anderson.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L76r67kpuW0

Now I feel like I'm finally sold on this thing.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Movie looks real good. I do appreciate how the Batmobile has its own character. I just don’t know if I care about Batman to watch it.

Nolan’s Batman is the only one who called his poo poo out and I hope this one does too, which seems to be hinted by the Riddler lumping Batman in with the city’s problems.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

feedmyleg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L76r67kpuW0

Now I feel like I'm finally sold on this thing.

I am loving everything about this.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gatts posted:

Movie looks real good. I do appreciate how the Batmobile has its own character. I just don’t know if I care about Batman to watch it.

Nolan’s Batman is the only one who called his poo poo out and I hope this one does too, which seems to be hinted by the Riddler lumping Batman in with the city’s problems.

I'm assuming that the early marketing highlighting his feral rage means there's going to be some kind of message and growth there.

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

Maybe its cause I'm old, but is anyone else tired of the absolutely endless batman reboots?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

pissinthewind posted:

Maybe its cause I'm old, but is anyone else tired of the absolutely endless batman reboots?

Nope. Me too.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They should have stopped at Lego Batman

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd be into another Batman reboot when Reeves is done with it—as long as it goes lighter. I certainly don't want an MCU-ized Batman, but something where there's a 12 year old Robin jumping around with acrobatics and making puns and Poison Ivy has giant Audrey II plant monsters whose roots are strangling the city or whatever. Give Batman a giant computer in a cave, give The Penguin umbralla-themed gadgets, embrace the camp agian.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

pissinthewind posted:

It’s all reboots now until forever.

szary
Mar 12, 2014
Looks like a gritty reboot of a gritty reboot

I love it

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It certainly looks like the most visually appealing Batman movie, if nothing else.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd be into another Batman reboot when Reeves is done with it—as long as it goes lighter. I certainly don't want an MCU-ized Batman, but something where there's a 12 year old Robin jumping around with acrobatics and making puns and Poison Ivy has giant Audrey II plant monsters whose roots are strangling the city or whatever. Give Batman a giant computer in a cave, give The Penguin umbralla-themed gadgets, embrace the camp agian.

A 1966 period piece would rule, honestly. The old show is a better and smarter critique of superheroes, and is far more cynical in its own way, than the Nolan movies, whatever else is good about those and not so good about the old show.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

What am I missing about the trailer? It looks alright. Doesn’t seem to be hitting too different a note from the Nolan stuff.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

pissinthewind posted:

The moment the Nolan ones were finished I was done, but here we are.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Vegetable posted:

What am I missing about the trailer? It looks alright. Doesn’t seem to be hitting too different a note from the Nolan stuff.

While I'm not sure Pattinson makes a better Bruce Wayne, he definitely looks and sounds like a better Batman. Bales' Batman voice always made me laugh and his face always looked smushed into the mask.

I'm interested, but so far in just a wait for digital interested and not go to theater interested.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

pissinthewind posted:

yeah, 1000% uninterested

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Call me when they do a Batman Beyond movie.

They need to hurry before Michael Keaton is too old.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Michael Keaton is Batman in the new flash movie

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Call me when they do into the batverse

they probably already did and I still don't care. I never saw the Bane one or any others since

edit: wait I saw batman vs superman and it sucked as bad as I thought it would.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Doing the Batverse without Adam West? No thanks.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Wouldn't Into The Batverse just be Batman Inc?

Admittedly, it would be worth it if it meant we'd get to see Lord Death Man on the big screen:

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Dec 28, 2021

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

New Batman looks legit. Pretty on point so far.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
So he makes bulletproof vest and leggings but nothing over his face? pfft, immersion DESTROYED

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

kiimo posted:

Call me when they do into the batverse

Planetary did it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I still want to will into existence my idea for a Catwoman’s 9 movie that brings all the living Catwomen together to pull off a Danny Ocean style heist.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lobok posted:

Doing the Batverse without Adam West? No thanks.

Make it animated and pull Adam West lines from Family Guy episodes.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
lol if you think Hollywood is going to turn down the chance to puppeteer a CGI corpse for nostalgiabux

e: Audio deepfakes are already a thing, btw. Lucasfilm already used one for Luke in The Mandalorian, even though they had Hamill record dialogue. Not long before they deploy one on a dead actor.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Dec 28, 2021

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

feedmyleg posted:

lol if you think Hollywood is going to turn down the chance to puppeteer a CGI corpse for nostalgiabux

e: Audio deepfakes are already a thing, btw. Lucasfilm already used one for Luke in The Mandalorian, even though they had Hamill record dialogue. Not long before they deploy one on a dead actor.

Didn't that already happen in Rogue One?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Tupac Shakur in Juice 2: Juicier

Slowed down version of Guess I Didn't Know The Ledge sung by Billie Eilish

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

feedmyleg posted:

e: Audio deepfakes are already a thing, btw. Lucasfilm already used one for Luke in The Mandalorian, even though they had Hamill record dialogue.

What the gently caress? Why?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Because he was playing a younger version of himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

Technically they already did:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/7/15/22578707/anthony-bourdain-documentary-deepfake-voice

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 28, 2021