Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

They need to parachute in a man who can bring true mastery to the title. :wato:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lamuella posted:

They need to parachute in a man who can bring true mastery to the title. :wato:

If they did actually get someone from New Japan it should be Goto. Or bring back Kojima to All Japan.

Wato doesn't deserve to go over Super Crazy.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I am also in favour of Goto no longer being in New Japan.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

GLEAT publicly demanding its wrestlers respect how YouTube stylises its name

https://twitter.com/LIDET_ENT/status/1475789449003171841?t=HbOglZUpcqtJM5UDBAAtLg&s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/purointherough/status/1475794461456142341?s=20

OK, good, GLEAT Ver.2 is on Youtube. NOTE HOW I WROTE THAT? SUE ME BITCHES, the Brand Disrespecter has logged on

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Alaois posted:

what's Taiyo Kea up to

Yeah what happened to him, he has a lot of matches over the AJPW Battle Library series on YT, but he's gone?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lily Catts posted:

Yeah what happened to him, he has a lot of matches over the AJPW Battle Library series on YT, but he's gone?

I assume he's basically retired. His last match on a regular show was August 2018 on a DDT Korakuen. Before that, 2017 RWTL, before that the 2015 Summer Explosion tour where he did 5 of the 6 dates. Everything else has been on retirement shows or charity shows or tribute shows, about 10 of them in that 6 year timespan. he's just quietly gone off by the looks of things, don't think there was any confirmation.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Iirc during one of the exoduses he decided to go back to college or law school

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

If they did actually get someone from New Japan it should be Goto. Or bring back Kojima to All Japan.

Wato doesn't deserve to go over Super Crazy.

Kojima would be great but I'm not sure if Goto winning the current Triple Crown would be funny, sad or funny/sad at the same time

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

All Japan needs to call up Ol' Reliable and put the Triple Crown on Mutoh.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Iirc during one of the exoduses he decided to go back to college or law school

drat, good for mannukea mossman

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

THE FORBIDDEN WAR

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1475942130757472260

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Does anyone have archives of SMASH/Wrestling New Classic? Can't stress how ahead of its time those promotions were.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Tampa Bae posted:

Does anyone have archives of SMASH/Wrestling New Classic? Can't stress how ahead of its time those promotions were.

Quebrada have a lot of them available to buy: http://www.quebrada.net/indexvideo.html#SMASH

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://mobile.twitter.com/noahglobal/status/1476178838476718081

What an odd distribution of colours. Kongoh have red of course, but so does most of PdMdJ and Fujita, while Green has three people and Saito is the only guy repping light blue

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
I love that NOAH has light sticks, just one more step towards the kpopification of pro wrestling. Next, photocards to collect with each event.

YO-HEY not having green to match his tongue, 0 stars.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Light sticks are a good short-term replacement for streamers but I want streamers back in NOAH when it's safe to scream "NAITO" at matches in Japan again.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Don't forget, we go live with GLEAT Ver.2 in 20~ minutes!

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Haruo Murata is the true forbidden door. That dude is everywhere. NJPW, DDT, Gleat, TJPW, Stardom

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lindaman being the hypeman for this promotion owns

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Even without understanding you can tell it was the role he was born to play.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

That old dude just walked all over that kid.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Knee to the liver always going to finish you man. You don't wanna deal with that.

Oh hey, it's the Piledriver Harajuku team

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Think these kids have a chance

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Should've taken a break from Suzuki there

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

This has been, predictably, fantastic early doors

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Suzuki getting a yellow card popped me.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Minoru finding this whole thing quite amusing.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

He is the King.

Yas! Hash time

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Hashimoto is a murderer lmao

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Dominated.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm not really sure why GLEAT would book Miyagi to get squashed like that. Izuchi & Iizuka losing like that, they were impressive in defeat. Watanabe losing to Nakano? Ehhhh, it's his first match back but I'm iffy on it & it did at least establish liver shots as legit in worked shoots. Honestly, Miyagi should have won that, Big Hash is a pro wrestler. Miyagi at least theoretically trains for these matches as part of her regular job. If the only way you can get outsiders is by having your talent all get jobbed out then maybe just run Korakuen Hall instead of TDC.

It's been cool poo poo so far but I'm just worried that eventually people stop caring because well, why be invested in a bunch of losers?

At least run more Lidet UWF shows/matches so they can get some wins before the big shows?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I think Soma shouldn't be losing to Nakano (stick Nakano in this match and have Funaki or Tanaka be the guy to take out Soma in his comeback) but I really wouldn't buy Miyagi beating Chihiro especially how they've established Chihiro as a monster with her killing Maya on the first show.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Nagai is so much cooler doing this poo poo than when he was doing Hooligans in NOAH

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I think Soma shouldn't be losing to Nakano (stick Nakano in this match and have Funaki or Tanaka be the guy to take out Soma in his comeback) but I really wouldn't buy Miyagi beating Chihiro especially how they've established Chihiro as a monster with her killing Maya on the first show.

There's a difference between not beating Chihiro and straight up getting squashed. That was as pure a squash as it gets.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

...Did Funaki just get paid to stand on the apron? Fair play

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Battery is such a loving cool song.

That's my hottest take of 2021.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013