Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

unfortunately the answer the people who rule the world have proposed seems to be some sort of "future" for "children" "secured"

nothing weird about that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Looks like the HR director and I are the last holdouts wearing PPE at work. Everyone else is going around completely maskless. They’ve started wearing masks if they come to my office but take them off as soon as they leave, lol.

Gonna be really funny when we’re the only two people in the building here in a week.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

empty whippet box posted:

lol that we have a whole thread of people who worship this loving ghoulish moron in the ostensibly leftist subforum

lol if u look at that thread, theyre really mad about this thread

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Lawlicaust posted:

Looks like the HR director and I are the last holdouts wearing PPE at work. Everyone else is going around completely maskless. They’ve started wearing masks if they come to my office but take them off as soon as they leave, lol.

Gonna be really funny when we’re the only two people in the building here in a week.

If you buy a test and a fine-tipped sharpie you can take some time off too if you want.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

NYC test positivity rate is 33%

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Rah! posted:

one time i clicked on that thread instead of this one by accident and it was a really confusing experience, thought i'd got the brain fog

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I wonder if we (USA) are going to hit more deaths per day than China's sum total since the beginning of the pandemic

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Zurtilik posted:

I'm honestly interested in loving around with the elastomerics just because I've heard multiple people in this thread swear that it is easier and more comfortable to breathe/wear than most of the N95s.

I'm not sure it's easier to breath per se. The clicking of the exhalation valve took a bit to get used to. But I definitely didn't feel like I had to check my seal as much. It's more set it and forget it than easier breathing, at least in my very limited experience.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
VT positivity rates

12/31 - 10.2%
1/1 - 18.5%
1/2 - 17.5%

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mask

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

trying to turn my negative "dipshit mom is gonna infect and maim us all repeatedly" energy into positive "how can I mitigate this dipshit toddler from stabbing us" energy

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Rah! posted:

like the charles atlas theory of bodybuilding training, we develop the strongest possible cspam by applying the concept of dynamic tension

Fetlife Kuli
Dec 8, 2021

The world moves on a marten's lips
Everyone who thinks we should put out the fire now is an arsonist.

- Fires naturally evolve to be less hot as they consume the hottest-burning fuels first
- Heat actually helps strengthen some materials, so it's making us stronger
- If we let the firefighters go to work we have to evacuate the building and suffer losses in productivity
- Sorry replacing the fire extinguishers wasn't in the budget this quarter, if you're concerned you can purchase one yourself
- Forcing people to evacuate the burning building is tyranny
- Smoke alarms will let people know when it's time to leave the room
- We're out of towels so stop, drop, and roll as best as you can, also the science of fire is telling us most people only need to stop and drop before getting up to assist in extinguishing other people
- Flames can only spread from person to person contact -- radiative ignition is unproven and only doomer cranks think it's important
- Burn wounds heal, it's okay if people get mild burns
- Letting the nursery burn will select for flame-resistant children
- Check out these flame-resistant gels that the government doesn't want you to know about

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

trying to turn my negative "dipshit mom is gonna infect and maim us all repeatedly" energy into positive "how can I mitigate this dipshit toddler from stabbing us" energy

Huhn. That's a good summary of all politics, ever.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
A kid here had covid over the break but was cleared by his doctor. He's coughing. hahahaha

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

NYC test positivity rate is 33%

Feel like you could animate the graph to this music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1NKoMNy5bY

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

Spending 8 hours a day alone in a small room scrolling through seemingly endless and practically identical death summaries

it took me a moment to realize this was probably referring to your day job rather than CSPAM

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/megtirrell/status/1478016346113945605

US moves to 5 months for booster shots

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Danger Slut posted:

I brought up moving to Taiwan with my wife over dinner a few days back to get away from covid , her dad immediately asked “We’ll what are you gonna do if the Chinese invade?” , I told him “I guess we’ll live covid free with an increasing standard of living under communist rule “ lol he did not like that answer .

yeah my parents hate it when I say I’m learning mandarin and moving to China because capitalism is a horrific death cult that I want no part of.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Slider posted:

liz warren still dead of covid? or not ?

fact check: liz warren is NOT on molnupiravir

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

empty whippet box posted:

lol that we have a whole thread of people who worship this loving ghoulish moron in the ostensibly leftist subforum

Huh.. I've never been there, but I assumed the greenwald thread was for dunking on him.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Paradoxish posted:

feeling very attacked rn

if you were the idiot i was looking at irl in a snowstorm in shorts then it was a personal attack

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Pepperoneedy posted:

I remember this from when I was a kid because my Dad watched HBO a lot

god drat that track slaps

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Wife started coming down with symptoms Dec. 30 and has passed through the body aches etc. to just having a very sore throat by today. I had a slightly scratchy throat on Dec. 31 and a little bit of congestion Jan. 1 but have essentially no symptoms at this point. We are both vaccinated (in April) but not boosted. For the first couple of days she was sick I tried to limit my exposure as much as reasonably possible with us living together in a house. Neither of us have been tested because we are in Northeast Ohio and there are no tests within 75 miles. We are assuming it's omnichan, but if she wasn't sick I would have no idea that I'm probably positive for the roni. Hoping she gets better fast and I don't get worse, but I will let the thread know if I do. Glad we skipped Christmas with my parents and immunocompromised brother.

Welp, that's my anecdote.

E: forgot to mention I popped a couple of vitamin D pills every day since she started getting symptoms, maybe that's helped.

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

Oh what the actual gently caress. Looks like Connecticut public schools are legit just giving up on contact tracing in schools. Just got this email from the public elementary school my daughter is zoned for. Thought waiting until vaccination was the key but nope - buckling up for another full year of homeschooling.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Fetlife Kuli posted:

- Fires naturally evolve to be less hot as they consume the hottest-burning fuels first
- If we let the firefighters go to work we have to evacuate the building and suffer losses in productivity
- Sorry replacing the fire extinguishers wasn't in the budget this quarter, if you're concerned you can purchase one yourself
- We're out of towels so stop, drop, and roll as best as you can, also the science of fire is telling us most people only need to stop and drop before getting up to assist in extinguishing other people
- Flames can only spread from person to person contact -- radiative ignition is unproven and only doomer cranks think it's important
- Check out these flame-resistant gels that the government doesn't want you to know about

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
liz warren wont take molnupiravir because of the chance it may gently caress up her dna so she'll have to check the "prefer not to say" box on her job applications

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1477999551474712578

:rip:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Baltimore QB Lamar Jackson has had Covid three times that we know about

Baltimore also went from a solid division leader to pretty much being out of playoff contention because of rampant covid cases. lmao

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Lol

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Substandard posted:

Huh.. I've never been there, but I assumed the greenwald thread was for dunking on him.

im not an expert but i think "lol hes so good at posting" takes became indistinguishable from actual worship at some point

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

maybe I should take the trip instead and cough near her just to make them jump (because I cough all the time anyhow, my lungs aren't great)

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Fetlife Kuli posted:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

If you're not a leader, stop trying to lead. Get to work

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/cehudspeth/status/1282058111923060736?s=21

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

GoatSeeGuy posted:

This is Midwest erasure.

we should be so lucky

thedavid
Oct 29, 2004

Starting on 9/11 this year I've 'season passed' Keith Olbermann on my tivo.

Also, Golden Girls.

Pepperoneedy posted:

ngl I never thought I’d get nostalgia in a pandemic thread on a dead comedy forum in 2022 but here we are

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/rmc031/status/1478037430729158658

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/1477978870775230467

https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/1477978711337185287

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Danger Slut posted:

I brought up moving to Taiwan with my wife over dinner a few days back to get away from covid , her dad immediately asked “We’ll what are you gonna do if the Chinese invade?” , I told him “I guess we’ll live covid free with an increasing standard of living under communist rule “ lol he did not like that answer .

invade lol