Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
mx500 is fine. honestly if it's just for game loads it's less important, in terms of performance the only situation you'd hit where things like missing DRAM cache would matter would be installing games in certain esoteric situations. it will impact longevity but unless you're routinely deleting and reinstalling it's NBD.

i personally waited until a good hotukdeal came up for a 2 TB WD Digital Blue for about 135 i think? when ebay does their monthly X off the entire site quite often there is a flurry of SSD sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

So, this is my current PC, built with the help of the thread over 8 years ago (ignore prices, also I'm based in :poland:), with a power supply changed 3 years ago or so:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($221.43 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus Z87-C ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3-1600 CL10 Memory ($163.13 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($199.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB Video Card ($4146.10 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($249.88 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $5125.51
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-01-04 13:34 EST-0500

I'm looking to upgrade to something now-ish, since I managed to snag a i9-12900KF for very cheap. I'm mainly gaming and I'm going to keep the GPU for now, so I'm basically only looking for the following:
CPU cooler (even without changing the mounting, I'm guessing the 212 would be insufficient)
Case (similar size or smaller, no LEDs or glass or whatever)
Motherboards to look at (I think I'd like to have maybe two M2 slots to connect NVMe in the nearish future; and I think, basing on the current memory prices, I'd love if someone could recommend a DDR4 and 5 version)
Power Supply (will I need to switch it for an extra 100W or so, or am I fine?)

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I gotta tell you all, nvme drives are loving fast

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

mmkay posted:

So, this is my current PC, built with the help of the thread over 8 years ago (ignore prices, also I'm based in :poland:), with a power supply changed 3 years ago or so:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($221.43 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus Z87-C ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3-1600 CL10 Memory ($163.13 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($199.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB Video Card ($4146.10 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($249.88 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $5125.51
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-01-04 13:34 EST-0500

I'm looking to upgrade to something now-ish, since I managed to snag a i9-12900KF for very cheap. I'm mainly gaming and I'm going to keep the GPU for now, so I'm basically only looking for the following:
CPU cooler (even without changing the mounting, I'm guessing the 212 would be insufficient)
Case (similar size or smaller, no LEDs or glass or whatever)
Motherboards to look at (I think I'd like to have maybe two M2 slots to connect NVMe in the nearish future; and I think, basing on the current memory prices, I'd love if someone could recommend a DDR4 and 5 version)
Power Supply (will I need to switch it for an extra 100W or so, or am I fine?)

PSU for now is fine, but You are going to want a bigger PSU if you’re going for a higher end GPU. Probably should go for 850w.

12900k is absolutely overkill for gaming, but if you have it already you will definitely want a better cooler. The Noctua D15 is the gold standard for air. Is air what you want?

For cases you will want to look at fractal.

Meshify 2 or the new torrent case are both fantastic options.

For motherboards I don’t have a specific Rec. what do you need out of it? WiFi? Specific USB ports? Anything else at all?

I recommend DDR4. DDR5 boards (and DDR5 itself) are insanely expensive for very minimal gain and not worth it.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

PSU for now is fine, but You are going to want a bigger PSU if you’re going for a higher end GPU. Probably should go for 850w.

12900k is absolutely overkill for gaming, but if you have it already you will definitely want a better cooler. The Noctua D15 is the gold standard for air. Is air what you want?

For cases you will want to look at fractal.

Meshify 2 or the new torrent case are both fantastic options.

For motherboards I don’t have a specific Rec. what do you need out of it? WiFi? Specific USB ports? Anything else at all?

I recommend DDR4. DDR5 boards (and DDR5 itself) are insanely expensive for very minimal gain and not worth it.

Thank you for the recommendations, as for the motherboard - I'm currently (and plan to be in the future) connected via wire, so I don't really care about Wi-Fi, I'm using like 4-6 USB slots at the moment (2 at the front of the case), but I don't think I'm even using USB3 speeds for almost anything at the moment (maybe phone from time to time), maybe built in bluetooth would be nice, but in no case it'd be a dealbreaker. Other than the incompatibility and smaller amount of PCIe lanes, I'm actually fine with my current MB and I don't have anything else on my mind. I'm just unsure about what current manufacturers are good, and what chipsets to look at (back with my old PC, it was somewhat common to recommend an overclocking MB; but now from what I get the CPUs are mostly as highly clocked as they can be anyway and you don't necessarily need the Z boards for overclocking RAM anymore?).

EDIT: Also yeah, air is preferable.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

mmkay posted:

Thank you for the recommendations, as for the motherboard - I'm currently (and plan to be in the future) connected via wire, so I don't really care about Wi-Fi, I'm using like 4-6 USB slots at the moment (2 at the front of the case), but I don't think I'm even using USB3 speeds for almost anything at the moment (maybe phone from time to time), maybe built in bluetooth would be nice, but in no case it'd be a dealbreaker. Other than the incompatibility and smaller amount of PCIe lanes, I'm actually fine with my current MB and I don't have anything else on my mind. I'm just unsure about what current manufacturers are good, and what chipsets to look at (back with my old PC, it was somewhat common to recommend an overclocking MB; but now from what I get the CPUs are mostly as highly clocked as they can be anyway and you don't necessarily need the Z boards for overclocking RAM anymore?).

EDIT: Also yeah, air is preferable.

Z690 is your only option currently for 12900k.

There’s others coming later.

If it has Bluetooth it’ll have WiFi.

My suggestion is to go on PCPartPicker, set your filters, and find something there that meets your needs. Pickins’ are slim though.

The asus board is ok as long as you don’t get one of the few from that model that catches fire.

The gigabyte has dogshit memory support (but that may be fixed for now)

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

So I built a system this time last year these specs and just 2 days ago noticed a 'fizzing' sound coming from the bottom back of the case, where the power supply is. No smell or anything but having had a power supply blow up on me like 20 years ago when I was a teen, I just shut the system off completely and have a new power supply, the exact same one, coming from Amazon since I don't want to wait 3 or more weeks for a RMA. I'll probably just sell on SA mart unopened whatever they send me back, or whatever with it. Anyways I guess my question is if it's the exact same power supply, unit model and all do I just slide it into the case and plug back in the wires or should I get the wires out and completely redo the entire thing, PSU and wiring?

Also if it sounds like something else then feel free to say, I did wiggle around the GPU and checked the connections, I don't think it was that. I just had to turn off the system asap as I didn't want to risk blowing any other components.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor (Purchased For $299.00)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler (Purchased For $30.00)
Thermal Compound: ARCTIC MX-4 2019 Edition 4 g Thermal Paste (Purchased For $6.00)
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard (Purchased For $180.00)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory (Purchased For $108.00)
Storage: Western Digital WD_BLACK SN750 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (Purchased For $135.00)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB Founders Edition Video Card (Purchased For $700.00)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case (Purchased For $100.00)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS GX 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (Purchased For $118.00)
Monitor: LG 27GL83A-B 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor (Purchased For $380.00)
Total: $2056.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-01-04 16:05 EST-0500

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
hrm no loving idea as to what a fizzing or hissing sound would be, maybe a capacitor or something starting to cook? my expectation would be they're exactly the same given that's kind of the point of a modular power supply, when they die or otherwise get replaced you can just pop it out? i don't know about the particular brand or product though i have heard of some manufacturers not even managing to keep compatibility functional over their entire product line. i would very strongly hope it would manage it over the same product name though.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

I personally wouldn’t risk using the same cables. With all of these shortages, it’s very possible they could have made a supplier change. It’s not worth it IMO.

A fizzing/hissing is a sound a fan can absolutely make if it is dying or if debris is caught in it.

I’d probably disconnect everything and put power into the PSU and see if it continues.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

iroguebot posted:

So I built a system this time last year these specs and just 2 days ago noticed a 'fizzing' sound coming from the bottom back of the case, where the power supply is. No smell or anything but having had a power supply blow up on me like 20 years ago when I was a teen, I just shut the system off completely and have a new power supply, the exact same one, coming from Amazon since I don't want to wait 3 or more weeks for a RMA. I'll probably just sell on SA mart unopened whatever they send me back, or whatever with it. Anyways I guess my question is if it's the exact same power supply, unit model and all do I just slide it into the case and plug back in the wires or should I get the wires out and completely redo the entire thing, PSU and wiring?

You could probably just put in the new PSU assuming it's the exact same model, but I would be paranoid enough to take the extra time and replace all the cables just in case.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
How likely is it that the iGPU in a 12600K will be better than my 2013-ish Radeon R9 285?

Genuinely considering the 12600K + Z690 (or seeing how the B660 board stacks up in price when it shows up on PCPP) but currently the same build with a CPU/mobo swap comes out to only £100 extra for what looks like actually a pretty huge CPU leap over the 5600X + B550, plus an integrated GPU (and no loss of CPU performance unlike the 5600G). That's quite appealing.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
the intel iGPUs are trash garbage from a butt compared to AMD's solution i'm afraid. technically not even AMD's best solution, they are still using older vega architecture instead of what they use currently iirc but they still blow the intel iGPU out of the water. neither are at all good compared to even a relatively old dGPU.

if you do go that way test i very strongly suspect near 760 performance is better in a lot of titles.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum

CoolCab posted:

the intel iGPUs are trash garbage from a butt compared to AMD's solution i'm afraid. technically not even AMD's best solution, they are still using older vega architecture instead of what they use currently iirc but they still blow the intel iGPU out of the water. neither are at all good compared to even a relatively old dGPU.

if you do go that way test i very strongly suspect near 760 performance is better in a lot of titles.

Fair enough, just stick to my old GPU for now then, and decide 12600K or Ryzen 5600X based on CPU merit/price alone.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Surprise T Rex posted:

How likely is it that the iGPU in a 12600K will be better than my 2013-ish Radeon R9 285?

Genuinely considering the 12600K + Z690 (or seeing how the B660 board stacks up in price when it shows up on PCPP) but currently the same build with a CPU/mobo swap comes out to only £100 extra for what looks like actually a pretty huge CPU leap over the 5600X + B550, plus an integrated GPU (and no loss of CPU performance unlike the 5600G). That's quite appealing.

https://youtu.be/8XCUAnWNXvU

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

To put those numbers into perspective, the integrated GPU would be about half as powerful as your current dedicated graphics card. An AMD APU would be a sidegrade or maybe slightly worse.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Just fyi, Newegg has the 12400 up for sale

12400 $210

12400F $180

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Rinkles posted:

Just fyi, Newegg has the 12400 up for sale

12400 $210

12400F $180

drat, the 12400 is supposedly better than the Ryzen 5 5600X and can be overclocked to beat out the 11900K: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-core-i5-12400-review

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

If anyone has an unlimited budget, there's an Alienware build up for preorder with a 3080, DDR5, and one of those newer Intel chips for $2800

https://www.ign.com/articles/dell-alienware-aurora-r13-intel-alder-lake-ddr5-rtx-3060-3070-3080-gaming-pc

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
those cases are godawful if they're like the other similar ones, dell's cooling solutions are routinely a joke and their components are often proprietary garbage

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I have some rough ideas about what to be looking for which makes the whole process less intimidating so thank you everyone.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Hey goons, hope this thread is ok for this. Looking to get myself a USB hub. My mobo is an MSI B550-A Pro in my be quiet! Pure Base 500DX.

Basically the front USB ports are in darkness most of the time so I'd like to get a hub to plonk on my desk.

Any recommendations for USB hubs that will use available bandwidth and have type A and type C connections?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

CoolCab posted:

mx500 is fine. honestly if it's just for game loads it's less important, in terms of performance the only situation you'd hit where things like missing DRAM cache would matter would be installing games in certain esoteric situations. it will impact longevity but unless you're routinely deleting and reinstalling it's NBD.

i personally waited until a good hotukdeal came up for a 2 TB WD Digital Blue for about 135 i think? when ebay does their monthly X off the entire site quite often there is a flurry of SSD sales.

Thought as much!

Since you're the King of Hotukdeals, if you do happen to see anything come up can you give me a shout here or on discord? Thanks bud :)

EDIT how much worse is the BX500 compared to the MX500? I can see a 2 TB one for £133 right now

EDIT EDIT and an MX500 2 TB for £135 on ebay. Hmmm

Barry Foster fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jan 5, 2022

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

what the f/2.8 is going on here!

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Hey goons, hope this thread is ok for this. Looking to get myself a USB hub. My mobo is an MSI B550-A Pro in my be quiet! Pure Base 500DX.

Basically the front USB ports are in darkness most of the time so I'd like to get a hub to plonk on my desk.

Any recommendations for USB hubs that will use available bandwidth and have type A and type C connections?

Your board has USB 3.2 Gen 2 capability but you won't find a hub that goes that fast so a normal 3.0 or 3.1 spec hub will be more than ample.

As you need a Type-C port too that makes things tricker as most are just straight up USB-A hubs but that doesn't mean you can't get a USB-A to Type-C adapter when connecting a Type-C only device.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sabrent-Pr...C56&sr=8-5&th=1

To connect a Type-C device you'd simply need one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/TYGA-Femal...aps%2C59&sr=8-9

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

mrk posted:

Your board has USB 3.2 Gen 2 capability but you won't find a hub that goes that fast so a normal 3.0 or 3.1 spec hub will be more than ample.

As you need a Type-C port too that makes things tricker as most are just straight up USB-A hubs but that doesn't mean you can't get a USB-A to Type-C adapter when connecting a Type-C only device.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sabrent-Pr...C56&sr=8-5&th=1

To connect a Type-C device you'd simply need one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/TYGA-Femal...aps%2C59&sr=8-9

Or just get a USB-C based hub, which typically has usb-A and USB -C ports on it.

In other news, why Newegg is garbage. Read the full thread for the story.

https://twitter.com/gamersnexus/status/1478615747819712515?s=21

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Or just get a USB-C based hub, which typically has usb-A and USB -C ports on it.

gently caress, not only did they deny the return---by lying---they even kept the motherboard!

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Like which ones? All of the ones I saw on Amazon earlier today have USB-C ports on them but those ports are input pass-through USB-PD ports that charge a laptop whilst the hub's C cable is plugged into and won't function as a data port as well when a normal USB-C device is plugged into it.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

mrk posted:

Like which ones? All of the ones I saw on Amazon earlier today have USB-C ports on them but those ports are input pass-through USB-PD ports that charge a laptop whilst the hub's C cable is plugged into and won't function as a data port as well when a normal USB-C device is plugged into it.

Limited-time deal: Anker USB C Hub, 555 USB-C Hub (8-in-1), with 100W Power Delivery, 4K 60Hz HDMI Port, 10Gbps USB C and 2 USB A Data Ports, Ethernet Port, microSD and SD Card Reader, for MacBook Pro and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087QZVQJX/

There’s more. But there ya go.

Edit: although I recommend getting a powered hub like this.

StarTech.com 4-Port USB C Hub - USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps) - 3X USB-A & 1x USB-C - Powered - Universal Power Adapter Included (HB31C3A1CS) Black, Space Gray https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081HQLMH4/

They’re much better that powering off the port.

Pilfered Pallbearers fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jan 5, 2022

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

That startech one is certainly the one to go for. The other one (and ones like it) have too short cables as the primary use is a laptop anyway which doesn't fit with the OP's requirements connecting to a desktop tower tucked in darkness below.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Much as I wouldn't defend Newegg, I wouldn't believe this tweet-thread because it says "we're getting our money back one way or another" and "it sucks that people without a big platform don't have this nuclear option" but doesn't say what the gently caress they're talking about, which is the sort of thing lying scumbags do.

Do they mean "we're tweeting a thread on our big name and assuming that will result in our money back somehow"? In Newegg's place I would definitely not give the money back at that point, because to give the refund now would present the message "if you tweet lies you can get your money back" (regardless of if it's actually lies in this case). In Newegg's place at this point it would make more sense to reply-tweet "they sent us a motherboard covered in semen and now are tweeting lies about it for publicity, shame on GamersNexus" or something along those lines.

vvvv They could say that if that's what they mean, and it wouldn't make sense with the "big platform nuclear option" remark.

roomforthetuna fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jan 5, 2022

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They may be talking about a chargeback or dispute with the credit card company

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

They're going to make the money they spent on the board back from releasing a video complaining about it, hth

change my name fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jan 5, 2022

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The "nuclear option" is that they're a youtube channel with a million subscribers and NewEgg will probably fall all over themselves to give a refund now that there's larger bad publicity. It happens all the time where some big company fucks around with a customer for ever until a large enough new outlet covers it. Comcast is a favorite for those types of stories. They're saying it sucks for people without a platform because it does suck that bad publicity is the only way companies will sort this kind of stuff out sometimes?

edit: pretty sure a few thread regulars mentioned not shopping at NewEgg due to similar BS too.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

roomforthetuna posted:

Much as I wouldn't defend Newegg, I wouldn't believe this tweet-thread because it says "we're getting our money back one way or another" and "it sucks that people without a big platform don't have this nuclear option" but doesn't say what the gently caress they're talking about, which is the sort of thing lying scumbags do.

What the gently caress are you on about? GamersNexus is probably the best regarded and most trustworthy source when it comes to tech news and incredibly thorough product reviews and testing, singlehandedly responsible for making NZXT stop selling cases which were a fire hazard. Making something up for publicity would be so ridiculously out of character for them and someone at Newegg will absolutely be aware of that and will be scrambling to figure out a way to cover their asses now that they realised they've hosed over someone with way more clout and reach than your average consumer. That's the nuclear option GN are referring to.

You say 'much as I wouldn't defend newegg' and then immediately go to bat for the large corporation and not the consumer-focused media group who have built their reputation on thorough, logical and fair reviews. Great job!

Llamadeus
Dec 20, 2005

roomforthetuna posted:

Do they mean "we're tweeting a thread on our big name and assuming that will result in our money back somehow"? In Newegg's place I would definitely not give the money back at that point, because to give the refund now would present the message "if you tweet lies you can get your money back" (regardless of if it's actually lies in this case)
Yeah, great move, it'll definitely help their business more than hurt it when the youtube channel with 1.5 million subscribers known for its integrity makes half a dozen videos about how they stole $500 lol

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

change my name posted:

They're going to make the money they spent on the board back from releasing a video complaining about it, hth

it’s this, folks

also poo poo like this is why I asked about newegg returns several pages back lol

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
Honestly, the most surprising part about that tweet thread is that GN's only spent tens of thousands of dollars at NewEgg

Butterfly Valley posted:

What the gently caress are you on about? GamersNexus is probably the best regarded and most trustworthy source when it comes to tech news and incredibly thorough product reviews and testing, singlehandedly responsible for making NZXT stop selling cases which were a fire hazard. Making something up for publicity would be so ridiculously out of character for them and someone at Newegg will absolutely be aware of that and will be scrambling to figure out a way to cover their asses now that they realised they've hosed over someone with way more clout and reach than your average consumer. That's the nuclear option GN are referring to.

You say 'much as I wouldn't defend newegg' and then immediately go to bat for the large corporation and not the consumer-focused media group who have built their reputation on thorough, logical and fair reviews. Great job!

Yeah this. GN has done a metric fuckton of legwork to improve accountability in tech space, and whoever thinks otherwise must not be very familiar with them.

Edit: Haha, a little too late for this one, fellas
https://twitter.com/NeweggService/status/1478757319114584064

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jan 5, 2022

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Didn't a goon here recently have their motherboard return denied for a socket-related reason as well despite having nothing wrong with the socket? Seems to be a common tactic of newegg.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

That's the thing, they'll often have plausible deniability (and the goon blamed themselves for not checking). But they don't have that excuse here. What a lovely retailer.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
compared to amazon and Microcenter, everything about newegg was so much worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Limited-time deal: Anker USB C Hub, 555 USB-C Hub (8-in-1), with 100W Power Delivery, 4K 60Hz HDMI Port, 10Gbps USB C and 2 USB A Data Ports, Ethernet Port, microSD and SD Card Reader, for MacBook Pro and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087QZVQJX/

There’s more. But there ya go.

Edit: although I recommend getting a powered hub like this.

StarTech.com 4-Port USB C Hub - USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps) - 3X USB-A & 1x USB-C - Powered - Universal Power Adapter Included (HB31C3A1CS) Black, Space Gray https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081HQLMH4/

They’re much better that powering off the port.

Yikes, £70 over here. I was hoping for something around the £30 mark but the cheaper ones mostly seem made for laptops.