Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

This spell rocks. It'll pop you right out of that funk.
Excited to get 10s of thousands of micro strokes per day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/JuliusGoat/status/1479060858248613889?t=6GK0ZYp0OG7nbcK-vqM2bg&s=19

zone
Dec 6, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

No one saw omicron coming, says guy who removed all restrictions and contact tracing... in mid December when omicron was already racing across the world

oh word? next you'll tell us that nobody could have seen it coming when the mass graves start getting dug.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think that guy is joking but a lot of people think this

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
oh wow CNN going all in on criticizing Biden’s COVID response, I think to myself

nope, it’s all about Jan 6 stuff

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Steve Yun posted:

oh wow CNN going all in on criticizing Biden’s COVID response, I think to myself

nope, it’s all about Jan 6 stuff

dems want so badly for 1/6 to be their 9/11, it’s extremely funny

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

my partner told me the hospital he works at just released their death panel tier list, and I asked who is in charge of telling people they didn’t make the cut when their dad is suffocating to death. he just said hmm good question

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
In Terms of ICU Capacity, there are a lot of states who have seen "mild" cases turn into "Mild hospitalizations" and have started to see "mild" ICU cases this week.

We will start seeing that alarm bell go off soon

it will be hard to hide when TX (643 beds left/57 increase per day), NY (1,061 left/60 per day), and FL (1,165 left/64 per day) start sounding the alarm bells in a few dayd

itstime4lunch
Nov 3, 2005

clockin' around
the clock

Wasn’t he an LF regular back in the day?

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

listen jack, covid tests are easy to find... just go to the nearest phone booth and look up covid testing in the white pages and we will reimburse you the nickel for the call

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Thread moves too fast to tell if someone’s already responded but:

https://www.covidisairborne.org/

and

https://twitter.com/ianricksecker/status/1478611650760437765

Although if you already have covid maybe it’s better not to know at the moment, rest up more than you think you need, keep an eye on your o2 sat and try not to die? :shrug:

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/Artists_Ali/status/1479073231084695553

https://twitter.com/Artists_Ali/status/1479076446794571776

Granted, with how badly the west is pooching this... long covid is gonna be the least of our issues at this rate.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

icantfindaname posted:

take baby aspirin so you don't get a stroke. good luck

Honor to post with you Mr. President o7

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Louisgod posted:

dems want so badly for 1/6 to be their 9/11, it’s extremely funny

I don’t think I ever hear anyone in real life talk about it at all. Even the biggest libs I know don’t. Those have to be the biggest target audience for it as well and no one cares.

Definitely not like Benghazi where every conservative I knew wouldn’t shut up about it.

itstime4lunch
Nov 3, 2005

clockin' around
the clock

Pillowpants posted:

HHS DATA for the Morning Crew!

Maps come later - gonna be busy today

COVID HOSPITALIZATIONS: 131,972
15 days from 50-60k
15 days from 60-70k
12 days from 70 to 100
4 days from 100-132

COVID ICU 21,854 (+332 from yesterday)
27 days from 12-16k
24 days from 16-22

Critical Staffing Shortages today: 1,186 (+22 from yesterday)
Increases in 18 states and decreases in 9
TX +10, TN +5, WI +4, CA +3, AZ/KS +2
IA -5, NY -3, MO -2
All the rest are -1, 0 or +1

Admissions and Hospitalizations Yesterday
-26,019 Adult Admissions
-127,320 Adults Hospitalized
-1,732 Pediatric Admissions
-4,652 Pediatric Hospitalizations

Deaths reported by the Hospitals 1,432

FLU Data Seems like the flu season is a bust or people are locking themselves inside again....no real change in over a week
-1,802 Hospitalized
-186 in ICU

Yes, but how many of these hospitalizations were asymptotic cases or people who just wanted to get out of work/school or people who fell off their bicycles and whoops! have COVID

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

https://twitter.com/RepJimBanks/status/1479136092200833028

What could it be???

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lmfao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

hmmm let me see what’s happened in the last year or so?

hmmmm

honestly not sure I could pin it down on anything. Maybe the Venom sequel??

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

We have seen a large uptick in Polish deaths ever since Germany invaded. What is happening? How do we get to the bottom of this mystery?

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Helith posted:

We’re also facing food shortages too as so many people working on the food supply lines are sick or isolating.
The fruit, veg and meat aisles at my supermarket have been getting emptier and emptier and today there was hardly anything left, like seriously massive gaps and only a few random items left.

https://twitter.com/guardianaus/status/1479350845657522176?s=21

There was literally no un-crumbed/sauced chicken available to purchase at my supermarket online when I made an order today. No whole chickens, no thighs, no breasts, legs, or wings. There was some chicken kievs and kebabs and that's it.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Another lefty podcaster falls to covid contrarianism

"Mild is a scientific term" is an extremely loving funny sentence.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

People not working enough must be driving them to an early death. Please Mr. Biden do something about this.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Goon Poll

Which time frame do you want to see COVID Hospitalizations Changes mapped out?
Since Thanksgiving?
Since Christmas?
Since New Years?
Generic 10 Day trend?
Generic 5 day trend?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Rah! posted:

had to get groceries today hope i didn't kill myself lol

so many people out and about and not wearing masks or wearing them around their necks lmao :rip:

trader joes was crowded as gently caress and there were a bunch of old dudes with only bandanas covering their face and of course the surprisingly empty line filed up with 69 people in the time it took me to grab a few items

i need more boosters juice me up

Trader Joe's near my house is full of affluent thirty-something yoga moms and there's absolutely no mask compliance there, it fuckin' blows.

It's a mile up the road from the Whole Foods which is even worse because all the shoppers are drinking

mystes
May 31, 2006

i need to punch posted:

From r/nyc: I Am a New York City Public High School Student. The Situation is Beyond Control.
I think this does a really good job of illustrating how pointless and counterproductive it is to try not to shut stuff down in the face of a pandemic. Sure, the ideal would be that there would be no pandemic and kids would be in school learning with no interruptions, but given that there is a pandemic, that option simply isn't on the table in the first place, and acting like you can avoid any disruption by just choosing to ignore the pandemic is amazingly dumb.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Trader Joe's near my house is full of affluent thirty-something yoga moms and there's absolutely no mask compliance there, it fuckin' blows.

It's a mile up the road from the Whole Foods which is even worse because all the shoppers are drinking
Trader Joe's and Whole Foods both just have the absolute worst loving customers.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Cobb schools discontinue contact tracing after state updates COVID guidelines
-
The district said they encourage families to make health decisions that are best for them and to not send students to school sick.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/education/schools-eliminate-contact-tracing-covid-guidelines/85-f6fef3cc-efbe-4a57-a244-eddee40b0039

quote:

Cobb County Schools said contact tracing for COVID-19 will no longer be part of its pandemic health and safety protocols, according to the district. The move comes after Gov. Brian Kemp informed school leaders of updated guidelines.

quote:

Quarantine guidance for Cobb includes allowing students who are asymptomatic to be able to return to class immediately if their parents choose to let them do so. Students must wear a mask for seven days after exposure, according to the district. Students showing symptoms after being exposed will need to quarantine and follow the isolation guidelines.

Asymptomatic staff wearing a mask can immediately return to work if they are exposed to the virus.

quote:

Furthermore, the release adds that students who show COVID symptoms in school clinics may be asked to mask up or be isolated, and volunteers and parents will be allowed into buildings at the discretion of the principal.

"We aren't contact tracing, we don't care as long as you don't have symptoms and we need volunteers to come to the schools to ensure that those kids are in the loving plaguepits goddammit"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lol that's some turbo gaslighting

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Looks in the Big Book of Science Terminology for ‘mild’.

Hmm. Not seeing it here, chief.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Pillowpants posted:

Goon Poll

Since Thanksgiving?
Since Christmas?
Since New Years?
Generic 10 Day trend?
Generic 5 day trend?

Personally I'd rather see hospitalizations as a percentage of capacity, rather than changes since an arbitrary date

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pillowpants posted:

Goon Poll

Since Thanksgiving?
Since Christmas?
Since New Years?
Generic 10 Day trend?
Generic 5 day trend?

Thanksgiving, because I want to see how mild Omicron is.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Pillowpants posted:

Goon Poll

Since Thanksgiving?
Since Christmas?
Since New Years?
Generic 10 Day trend?
Generic 5 day trend?

personally i feel the thanksgiving and maybe even xmas changes are kind of meaningless at this point. id start with new years as that should technically be the last big national superspreader event.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Hadlock posted:

Robot arms cost between 15 and 50k depending on a wide variety of factors, but they can't get covid (yet) don't show up to work drunk or late, don't file osha complains, don't need social security or health care

Starting to see several articles about companies prioritizing reliability of supply chain and onshoring being an obvious solution

It's cause that's the means tested line polling best

Not exaggerating

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1479196525267927041?t=spNQejmSwbNxjKlxSLa41Q&s=19

It's an utter fantasy

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Pillowpants posted:

Goon Poll

Since Thanksgiving?
Since Christmas?
Since New Years?
Generic 10 Day trend?
Generic 5 day trend?

Party season kicked off with Halloween, so at least since Thanksgiving

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

100 million people have long covid? I'm extremely tired I must've read that wrong

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i have no way to get tested but if i did have omicron i just beat the poo poo out of it faster than i do most colds. I'm in the ejecting gallons of phlegm phase already today and feeling okay (Moderna x2 and one booster)

so hey that's some anecdote

my luck it was probably just a cold though

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

HiroProtagonist posted:

It's cause that's the means tested line polling best

Not exaggerating

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1479196525267927041?t=spNQejmSwbNxjKlxSLa41Q&s=19

It's an utter fantasy

one BEELEEON Americans

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:rubby:

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Pillowpants posted:

Generic 10 Day trend?
Generic 5 day trend?

+30 day trend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Mild

https://twitter.com/catladyactivist/status/1479314930822225920?t=NX2oq6kEVtat-pgxjkpi0Q&s=19

As someone who has pissed out multiple super painful kidney stones, it's difficult to imagine something worse.