Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Nitrousoxide posted:

Whew the first episode of “In the land of Leadale” looks really cheaply made.

Yeah, and the plot line is pretty standard so far. Definitely going for the slice-of-life story for now. I guess it'll do for something to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's not anything amazing but I like the lead so I'll probably keep watching Leadale

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Doodles posted:

Yeah, and the plot line is pretty standard so far. Definitely going for the slice-of-life story for now. I guess it'll do for something to watch.

The first novel is largely comedic slice-of-life, so that makes sense. Not sure how much more dramatic the later novels get though.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Supremezero posted:

AMC has money to buy things with?

Yeah, they got it by not paying all those people.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Was the first season of Case Study of Vanitas any good?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it was pretty good. worthwhile if you like campy vampire stuff but not essential

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
The first episode of "Slow Loop" was perfectly pleasant. It should be relaxing watching Hiyori & Koharu learning how to fish and how to be sisters for each other.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

so i wanted to give worlds end harem an ironic go but holy crap this is pretty rough

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

marumaru posted:

so i wanted to give worlds end harem an ironic go but holy crap this is pretty rough
I see you've been introduced to hentai's most hated, stubborn, obtuse, dense protagonist who will spurn all advances to continue his species because 'they're not the girl i looooooove'

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The most daring question: What if a guy did not want to gently caress

marumaru
May 20, 2013

worlds end harem but the guy is gay and the anime is still made in japan

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Tell us more about why the hentai community despises this man

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I've read the whole manga and the only decents parts of Worlds End Harem involve a secondary male protagonist who is getting over his bullying. And is not dense.

Patware posted:

Tell us more about why the hentai community despises this man
Because he is going to remain this way the entire godamn show and will finish the season still a virgin because he keeps telling everyone to gently caress off

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You have to be obtuse to get with acute girl.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

marumaru posted:

Maybe you should give it an unironic go rather than being a coward.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I see you've been introduced to hentai's most hated, stubborn, obtuse, dense protagonist who will spurn all advances to continue his species because 'they're not the girl i looooooove'
I hope he finds a girl he loves.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

chumbler posted:

Maybe you should give it an unironic go rather than being a coward.

it becomes unironic if it turns out that it's popular and everyone likes it

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

have you considered instead being earnest instead of dedicating your personality to being tiresome

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Doodles posted:

The first episode of "Slow Loop" was perfectly pleasant. It should be relaxing watching Hiyori & Koharu learning how to fish and how to be sisters for each other.

I enjoyed it too. It's staying on my watch list.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
Mostly looking forward to Genjitsu (realist hero) s2 because i want more public works projects using magical world resources.

Going to watch Orient, because the manga was pretty enjoyable until the scans stopped years ago.

Haven't finished attack on titan final season part 1, but might skip ahead to part 2.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Nitrousoxide posted:

I enjoyed it too. It's staying on my watch list.

I got a friend to watch it by describing it as Yuru Camp but fishing and Rin and Nadesico are stepsisters.

And I make that comparison in the most positive way.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Watched the first episode of the girls/dolls/whatever frontline show and....

man, if you're going go for this kind of tacticool vibe, you really have to make the action a bit more serious. You can't have people standing out in the open speechifying like it's Jojo's while our heroes (killer robots from the future) don't just shoot them.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It was pretty funny when one of the evil maids who have to lift their skirts to fire their leg-mounted weapons had a completely straight-faced monologue about the tactical disadvantages of fighting that way.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
What would be the best anime based off of a mobile game with gacha mechanics?

I'm personally inclined to say Uma Musume, but I'm sure there are assorted idol fans who'd disagree. Princess Connect also seems to have positivity attached to it as well, even though I will never not see it as "The reason there's no Konosuba season 3"

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Rage of Bahamut s1

Magatsu Wahrheit Zuerst was a more recent one that was solid

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm personally inclined to say Uma Musume, but I'm sure there are assorted idol fans who'd disagree. Princess Connect also seems to have positivity attached to it as well, even though I will never not see it as "The reason there's no Konosuba season 3"

Rage of Bahamut: Genesis was a lot of fun (even if Virgin Soul was kind of a disaster).

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Grouchio posted:

Was the first season of Case Study of Vanitas any good?

I really enjoyed it, foppish vampires having adventures in alternate history Belle Époque/steampunk Paris ticks a lot of boxes for me. Also the animation was lush, Studio Bones didn't cut any corners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSSZ0sqxskY

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

Uma Musume, Princess Connect, Bang Dream Season 2/3, D4DJ, Magia record are all real solid

Girls Frontline and Cue all feel like mediocre/average shows that probably could be good if done right but probably won't be. Cue also is going to try and balance a 15 character main cast which sure is going to be something

Slow Start was an amazing first episode. Fishing anime keeps winning!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

OnimaruXLR posted:

"The reason there's no Konosuba season 3"

https://twitter.com/konosubaanime/status/1416746565700440071

"A blessing to this wonderful world! ] The production of a new animation has been decided!
New animation announcement visual released!

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Grouchio posted:

I think it's good he doesn't want to become a breeding machine Grouchio

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
priconne s2 has a slightly different role from the konosuba director also, he's listed as chief director now, more supervisory and name value. would be a reasonable guess that he's more hands-off due to preparing more konosuba

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

can idolmaster and cinderella girls count especially the latter?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think there was an idolmaster mobage when ogm@s came out. cinderella girls tho, absolutely

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

The 'multimedia project' system where a manga, anime and mobile gacha game are simultaneously planned is very common these days (Bushiroad in particular: Bang Dream, D4DJ, Revue Starlight), so it's hard to really say 'the anime was based on the mobile game' in that sense.

Uma Musume itself of course was an anime 3 years before the mobile game actually launched, but it was always planned.

Endorph posted:

i dont think there was an idolmaster mobage when ogm@s came out. cinderella girls tho, absolutely

There's actually a slight overlap with the game launch and the 2011 anime airing but yeah I can't imagine it was intended in to promote it.

Polsy fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jan 8, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I imagine what they're referring to is 'the mobile game launched on its own and was eventually popular enough to get an anime,' like girls frontline, rage of bahamut, granblue, etc. theres enough of a gap between the cg game launching and the anime that i imagine its also a case of this.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Right, I assumed that up to the point they mentioned Uma Musume as the example. But yeah if the anime is 2+ years after the game launch it's pretty likely it wasn't being worked on at the time. Cinderella Girls and Rage of Bahamut in particular being 2011 browser-based mobage means they wouldn't even have any basis for animation, I imagine that kind of crossover is a little easier these days when everyone is already Live2D or equivalent.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I hope y’all are watchin’ Takagi-san.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

You have to be obtuse to get with acute girl.

Lol

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Grouchio posted:

Even if hes a cuck to the degree of being genocidal, its not a hentai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Imo he should repopulate the earth