Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Shame about patient confidentiality laws, if we could put video on the news of patients having bits carved away like a holiday ham due to ischemia or maggots in their vent masks I’m sure poo poo would change fast.

I used to think people would give a poo poo once they or someone they care about were hooked up to the wall to breathe, but how the gently caress do you contend with indoctrination so thorough that they deny it to their dying breath?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
All the kids on my street have "Croup"

Every single one of them.

Except mine...

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Coldrice posted:

In positive news, my potentially contagious roommate has tested negative AGAIN this morning. Potential exposure date was Dec 30, symptoms were Jan 4. She took a self test Thursday, a test at a center Friday, and a self test this morning - all negatives. She’s going in to a center again tomorrow. She’s also experiencing no symptoms, so the sore throat came with no other symptoms and burned out in like 48 hours. Thursday will be 14 days so fingers crossed it was just some allergies.

I tried to buy ur game on steam and it wasn't there what gives

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

empty whippet box posted:

It's so loving infuriating to go straight from being told I'm exaggerating and that covid is mild, to looking at this poo poo. gently caress im so pissed off. I'm gonna smoke way too much weed to try to unpiss myself off, it's probably not going to work but what else is there to do.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1083099660586106880?s=20

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

g*ddamn that image is noisy

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

lol at all you "ive never smoked anything" people

:wtc:

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

first move tengen posted:

I’m going to go shopping to try out these Auras and see if they fit better than Masklab (which I’m a big fan of).

What section of Home Depot have you found them in? And if they’re out, any idea if Lowe’s also carries them?

Paint supplies, for some goddamned reason

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
vermont is not even bothering with online learning as I guess online learning days strictly do not count as attended school days, but I am sure teachers and staff have tons of savings and itll be fine

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

lol, happy 3 year anniversary to this tweet.

Dril knew.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

PerniciousKnid posted:

What are you doing to prep?

I’m lucky, I own a house, have months of emergency food on hand, have two 50 gallon barrels hooked up to my downspouts to collect rainwater, raised beds for plants and lots of seeds, am going to get solar panels installed this year with a large battery for storage, and forced myself to buy a shotgun earlier this year so I know how to use it and can use it for sport where needed. Still lots to do but it’s overwhelming.

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Strep Vote posted:

I tried to buy ur game on steam and it wasn't there what gives

Lol, I actually paid for the page last night and Im setting it up today! Still waffling at making the price too high :(

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

:lol::lmao::lol::lmao::lol:
:lmao::lol::lmao::lol::lmao:

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

AppleNippleBOB posted:

lol, happy 3 year anniversary to this tweet.

Dril knew.

lol i didnt even recognize the date

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

:stare:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Just got my Pfizer booster 5 minutes ago after having only received modernas previously. hmmmm

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

This is easily one of the best art installations I've ever seen.
I helped install this in New York

i agree

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
My Blue Maga friend made a large $$ bet with me that Massachusetts hospitalizations would not reach the last peak.

He's starting to freak out and it's hilarious.

Also; he just tested positive for COVId for the second time.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

text editor posted:

Paint supplies, for some goddamned reason

Painters come around a lot of noxious fumes/aerosolized paint. It makes sense.

Sometimes (*at both box stores) They also have a designated PPE section (ear and eye protection, fall harnesses, masks of all makes, hardhats - that sorta poo poo). I'd check both sections before determining they're "out"

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Pillowpants posted:

My Blue Maga friend made a large $$ bet with me that Massachusetts hospitalizations would not reach the last peak.

sounds like your friend gets off on owning himself

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pillowpants posted:

offer to let him double down on an increase of a certain threshold see how confident he is

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

first move tengen posted:

I’m going to go shopping to try out these Auras and see if they fit better than Masklab (which I’m a big fan of).

What section of Home Depot have you found them in? And if they’re out, any idea if Lowe’s also carries them?

Lowes doesn't that I've seen, but both stores have good inventories of their local stores online, including the specific aisle and bin # for whatever you are looking for at the store you need (but get curbside pick up)

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

oops, not mild

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

This thing kicks rear end. I wish I could gaze at it through the lens of my full face respirator

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Claw hands beat and twisted and danced on the air; abruptly they descended and the thing that had been his son began to claw at its face. "Milder than you think, Dad!" it cackled. "Milder than you think! Held my breath when they gave me the gas! Wanted to see! I saw! I saw! Milder than you think!"

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

AppleNippleBOB posted:

Painters come around a lot of noxious fumes/aerosolized paint. It makes sense.

Sometimes (*at both box stores) They also have a designated PPE section (ear and eye protection, fall harnesses, masks of all makes, hardhats - that sorta poo poo). I'd check both sections before determining they're "out"

I get that, but my home Depot has a dedicated ppe section with like nothing in it besides gloves and some of the glasses, everything else is spread throughout

one-time fee
Sep 29, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Wisest Moron posted:

Lol is this the doomsday scenario that the thread's been speculating about? How many steps between identification and actually knowing it's the doomsday strain?

Afaik, thread consesnus is this is fake news, a contamination rather than a viable recombinant.
Thread source: mainly Leonardi.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Listening to my kid cough through a small cold, remembering that time he had pneumonia and I nursed him through three weeks of hell. First thing every morning he'd cough and puke up mucus for easily 10 minutes and couldn't eat much. I slept in his room every night. There were 90 positives in the district over the last five days. What the gently caress.

I'm going to have to homeschool my kid, after two years of living like a monk in a desert cave. gently caress everyone.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Pillowpants posted:

:owned:

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

text editor posted:

I get that, but my home Depot has a dedicated ppe section with like nothing in it besides gloves and some of the glasses, everything else is spread throughout

Then they're prob in the paint section - if in stock at all. As other posters mentioned, they've got decent online inventory management, and you can check and get it for curbside or using their locker system.

Good luck, goon.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
https://mms.mckesson.com/product/960661/3M-9210 but you need to be a healthcare purchaser to buy them i think

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Strep Vote posted:

Listening to my kid cough through a small cold, remembering that time he had pneumonia and I nursed him through three weeks of hell. First thing every morning he'd cough and puke up mucus for easily 10 minutes and couldn't eat much. I slept in his room every night. There were 90 positives in the district over the last five days. What the gently caress.

I'm going to have to homeschool my kid, after two years of living like a monk in a desert cave. gently caress everyone.

My daughter made it in school one day this semester before being exposed after having a completely uneventful fall. Omicron + no mask mandate wrecks. She was texting with her friends that didn’t get exposed that day and by Friday only one was left in the class and she said that more than half the class was gone.

We’re putting everything together to move to home school next week.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

the most amazing thing to me is all of this data is publicly available and easy to find. NYTimes isn't doing anything special really. They just are good at following their style guide (most of the time) and then pushing it to readership. They are barely transforming their data, let alone unearthing novel datasets

it's all so available we've been poo poo posting with the same quality data itt since the beginning. there are multiple people here that could do exactly what the Times, WSJ and FT are doing (and gently caress, I've hired some of them too)

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Lawlicaust posted:

My daughter made it in school one day this semester before being exposed after having a completely uneventful fall. Omicron + no mask mandate wrecks. She was texting with her friends that didn’t get exposed that day and by Friday only one was left in the class and she said that more than half the class was gone.

We’re putting everything together to move to home school next week.

Well. At least we aren't alone. There's still a mask mandate in the school but there's just no way there isn't in school transmission. This is insane.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
The 9205s are so comfy they make me question whether I'm getting a good seal.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pillowpants posted:

lol. how much did you win?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Pillowpants posted:

what a maroon.

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

one-time fee posted:

Afaik, thread consesnus is this is fake news, a contamination rather than a viable recombinant.

Tom Peacock (of posting re:omicron on github fame) has several good tweets about this, as it's been reported numerous times.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeacockFlu/status/1480219253986975745

He also talks about how to correctly identify a recombinant mutation, which is interesting.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

one-time fee posted:

also thread source: the world is not that kind

itstime4lunch
Nov 3, 2005

clockin' around
the clock
Guys? I’m starting to get the impression that maybe it was a mistake to allow the Omicron variant of the novel Coronavirus to spread unabated to hospitals, workplaces, schools, businesses, private houses, nursing homes, and animal populations.

itstime4lunch fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jan 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Pillowpants posted:

:getin: