Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've deleted Slay the Spire from my Switch. I keep playing that instead of other games. It feels weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ataxerxes posted:

Have there been any news about Darktide?

It was delayed by quite a bit. Probably no release until the end of the year. I am looking forward to it too.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Walla posted:

I've deleted Slay the Spire from my Switch. I keep playing that instead of other games. It feels weird.

the downside to games that never end.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Walla posted:

Alternatively you could just keep playing Slay the Spire since you like it so much!

--

GDQ is on https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Khanstant posted:

Yeah.

wuggles posted:

Alternatively you could just keep playing Slay the Spire since you like it so much!

I have been, which is why I haven't even opened other games I've bought. I want to give Rebel Galaxy Outlaw some more time, and to get back to Children of the Zodiarcs and Rainswept. Also I really want to give Brave New World a shot.

2022 is going to be a busy gaming year. I've got The Great Ace Attorney, AI 2, Triangle Strategy, and a number of smaller games.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

X4 has its hooks back in me and I am perpetually almost ready to build a fleet to go crusading through enemy territory to finish a mission I've had for 50 hours now

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Khanstant posted:

Tetris Effect FTW

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Walla posted:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I was just thinking about how I hated all of the hidden items in FF9 that involve rubbing your face against every edge of every screen to find

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Jay Rust posted:

I was just thinking about how I hated all of the hidden items in FF9 that involve rubbing your face against every edge of every screen to find

they literally added tons of poo poo like that to sell game guides. Then they made the guide they sold have half of its info on a webpage.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ugggghHhhh!

(this is the creator of Spirit Island, one of the most fun games i've ever played on tabletop simulator)

https://twitter.com/XoeAllred/status/1479685597350350849

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I feel like The Witness is an elaborate prank, because like the first time playing it I'm starting to see the patterns in real life again

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

they literally added tons of poo poo like that to sell game guides. Then they made the guide they sold have half of its info on a webpage.

That guide was legendary. Gamefaqs was on fire when it released.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kerrzhe posted:

ugggghHhhh!

(this is the creator of Spirit Island, one of the most fun games i've ever played on tabletop simulator)

Looks like they realised they hosed up

https://twitter.com/TabletopSim/status/1480229909150769156

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kerrzhe posted:

ugggghHhhh!

I love not being able to be open about my sexuality because people think anyone that isn't cishet is inherently sexual and that by not being straight we are instead promiscuous perverts who prey on people.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What’s “plm” ,in the context of “blm”? Hoping it isn’t “pigs/police lives matter”

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jay Rust posted:

What’s “plm” ,in the context of “blm”? Hoping it isn’t “pigs/police lives matter”

Prison Lives Matter, in relation to the terrible way the US prison system treats people

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is Asian lives matter “ALM” or was that co-opted by the All lives creeps

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Went to the nerd store, didn't buy anything because not much of anything there at the moment I'd want to buy. Had more than I expected though and has a lot of space. Also it's pretty rad how the bank vault is right there with the door wide open. It'd be neat if they incorporated that into the design of their shop, could probably do something neat with it and it's all just right there so why not make some use of it.

Very scattered assortment of things though. Like, all in on one bookshelf was a singular sexy anime girl figurine next to a bunch of "used manga" with a notice to ask at the desk for 16+ manga, some transformers toys, long plush toys of cats and bears, some blind boxes of little spinning tops that look like the kind of thing you'd get out of a quarter capsule machine, and plain boxes of bulk magic the gathering cards, and remilia scarlet's hat.

Whole lot of pokemon and magic cards, surprisingly no yugioh cards (yet, I assume they'll end up with those eventually along with every other random anime tcg that's being played), and a bunch of warhammer 40k stuff. A lot. Some D&D stuff and some pathfinder stuff but mostly warhammer 40k. And also something about selling their friend's avatar the last airbender 3D printed models for some avatar board game that was kickstarted last year.

It said on some signs that they do game nights, that'd be cool if it weren't for the whole covid thing. Their rules for using the lounge seemed reasonable enough too, the only one I was worried about was rule 2 because of the same reason tabletop simulator is under fire at the moment. The store's rule 2 was that discussion of things like politics and religion and issues are banned and that you will be asked to leave if you don't agree to the rules and I can easily see someone doing the same poo poo tabletop sim did with someone interpreting that rule as "no mention of identity, don't talk about it because that's political/related to religion/sexual and inappropriate"

e: they did have vid games too but it was hilariously obvious it was basically someone trying to turn a profit on some old stuff. Some random ps2 games like Black, a gba for $80, a few gbc/gba sports games, a ds action replay, AND a dsi action replay

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 9, 2022

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
do they at least have some local artists anime or videogame art or products for sale? that's what i look for in judging any local nerd business, are they connecting with the other nerds in their area.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

my cat broke my monitor :(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

looks like a nice monitor too :(

I know there’s a no doxxing rule but please post a pic of the culprit

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

This is a random question that I can't figure out how to phrase on Google to get the answer I'm looking for.

The Xbox One X controller has a USB c port in it, if I load the controller with rechargeable lithium ion double A's will those be charged if I plug the controller into a usb-c charger? I know they make battery packs for the controllers but those packs have a USB port on them as well and I'm not sure why.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cr0y posted:

This is a random question that I can't figure out how to phrase on Google to get the answer I'm looking for.

The Xbox One X controller has a USB c port in it, if I load the controller with rechargeable lithium ion double A's will those be charged if I plug the controller into a usb-c charger? I know they make battery packs for the controllers but those packs have a USB port on them as well and I'm not sure why.
it won't, the battery packs connect to a different contact in the battery compartment, if you take the AAs out you can see it between the AA contacts. it can't recharge regular batteries

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

homeless snail posted:

it won't, the battery packs connect to a different contact in the battery compartment, if you take the AAs out you can see it between the AA contacts. it can't recharge regular batteries

Oh interesting. Thanks for clarifying

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I just jumped back into Hades for the first time in maybe a year and folks, it's still super good. I'm on a hell of a run with the fist weapon, maybe I'll finally beat the third biome this time.

Life is so good when your first boon gives you the reflect dash.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

when goty thread becomes unstuck, please to stick the gdq thread. thanks

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Khanstant posted:

do they at least have some local artists anime or videogame art or products for sale? that's what i look for in judging any local nerd business, are they connecting with the other nerds in their area.

Yes. The various things on display seem to all be available for sale, including someone's bad painting of the pogchamp guy that they have as one of the very first things you see when entering.

They also said they're connected with a local guy who has a 3d printer and will print out fanmade avatar the last airbender models to sell for use with some avatar kickstarter game.

And they also sell prepainted miniatures for warhammer 40k and idk if prepainted 40k minis are a thing that games workshop puts out so idk if they're selling prepainted stuff games workshop made or if they're selling prepainted preassembled minis from someone local.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Baller Time posted:

I feel like The Witness is an elaborate prank, because like the first time playing it I'm starting to see the patterns in real life again
It's been almost six years and I still see the patterns, also get nervous twitches whenever I hear Anitra's Dance.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i'd use running the nerd shop as an excuse to have an in-house 3d printer but sounds like theyre nerd shopping it up right

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Rip Bob Saget who will be the next sitcom star to go? Michael Richard maybe?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the curse of the AFV hosts strikes again for the first time. watch out daisy fuentes :o(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I could look this up very easily but I’ll ask here, they ever make an America’s funniest home videos video game?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I also refuse to look it up but I assume they made a lovely pc program based on AFV like they did with dilbert and “Dilbert's Desktop Games”

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Not Bob Saget? He was the only actual talent on Full House.

gently caress 2022.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I will not have any Stamos slander

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

This is Comet erasure.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

hatty posted:

I will not have any Stamos slander

Sorry, comedic talent. Saget had a great standup career and was an awesome comic. Stamos was always a better musician than a comedian and the only thing of note Coulier ever did was sleep with Alanis Morissette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

I could look this up very easily but I’ll ask here, they ever make an America’s funniest home videos video game?

No but this would have been a wild FMV game.