Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
gently caress hinds ward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

final fantasy XIV hinesward

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Whines Hard

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
1-5 in the division. I don't often say "I was right" but this is one time where I will. Serious serious changes need to be made on the Ravens. You cannot give that kind of showing within the division.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Congrats to the Ravens for finishing last in the AFC North!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

1-5 in the division. I don't often say "I was right" but this is one time where I will. Serious serious changes need to be made on the Ravens. You cannot give that kind of showing within the division.

Change number 1 have healthy starters

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Metapod posted:

Change number 1 have healthy starters

Yes that's part of it. But the poor situational play is what made us miss the playoffs from 8-3

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i didn't watch any games. the ravens should run it back after giving lamar a huge contract and an even bigger maga hat. roll tide

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

nfl rewind did charge me a hundred dollars cause i missed the 2 hour long cancelation window so im gonna watch the whole season back to back now while playing path of exile

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Apparently we're the 14th overall pick now. Trade Marquise Brown and some of those other picks we have to move up into the top 10 and draft one of the best players at his respective position. Then get some more good players. Then come back healthy and reloaded next year.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
D'ernest Johnson may have played himself into a payday after today and the Broncos game.

He's a RFA this year and we are already paying Chubb and Hunt.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Then get some more good players.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i also want some of the best players at their position but i think they should just do it without trading anyone. your idea is cool too tho

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Rough year for the AFCN compared to 2020 but congrats to the Bengals, the one team last year that didn't make the playoffs but this year won the division. Rooting for you.

I hope the Raiders-Chargers team ends in a tie to eliminate the Steelers but welp.

Also, Browns, not last place but again a long way to go.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when most teams would stop getting good players just keep on doing it.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

i also want some of the best players at their position but i think they should just do it without trading anyone. your idea is cool too tho

Thing is we only will give one WR consistent targets here and I think Bateman has more upside than Brown. Brown still could be an excellent wideout but I'm sick of his bad hands so send him away somewhere that can use him and make Bateman our main WR.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Can’t believe three teams from the AFCN have made the playoffs: The Tennessee Titans, Cincinnati Bengals, and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

any of the wrs already on the roster should be traded away for draft picks, since they've been developing on the ravens which means they won't be any good. then trade the draft picks for established wrs who have already mostly developed.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1480285225414496273?s=21

we were so close

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

anyway no more spoilers about the season finale i havent watched any episodes yet

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

:( I know. It was so close.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

any of the wrs already on the roster should be traded away for draft picks, since they've been developing on the ravens which means they won't be any good. then trade the draft picks for established wrs who have already mostly developed.

The sad part is this isn't even wrong. But we really should only bother with one WR because one WR is all we'll consistently target.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

gently caress you Ravens. You had one job: to end Ben’s career with an OT strip sack TD.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the steelers might win the super bowl

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

gently caress you Ravens. You had one job: to end Ben’s career with an OT strip sack TD.

If you watched the Ravens/Steelers series with Roethlisberger you would have known to expect everything you got.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kawalimus posted:

Apparently we're the 14th overall pick now. Trade Marquise Brown and some of those other picks we have to move up into the top 10 and draft one of the best players at his respective position. Then get some more good players. Then come back healthy and reloaded next year.

Whines about not having receivers

Wants to trade away the teams top receiver

~*~Just Kawalimus things~*~

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Freaquency posted:

Whines about not having receivers

Wants to trade away the teams top receiver

~*~Just Kawalimus things~*~

Bateman will be better than Brown. And the Ravens have shown they will only ever target one receiver. So might as well just go with that and make the whole rest of the team better at the expense of WR.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

God I'm glad this season is over with. Brandon Stephens was playing corner by the end.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Also I sure am glad the Ravens aren’t gonna pay Lamar and are instead going to roll with offensive juggernaut Huntl- wait what’s that? Two you say? And a fumble?

Ah! Nevertheless

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Freaquency posted:

Also I sure am glad the Ravens aren’t gonna pay Lamar and are instead going to roll with offensive juggernaut Huntl- wait what’s that? Two you say? And a fumble?

Ah! Nevertheless

Huntley looked good to start then started doing the same poo poo Lamar has been doing all season. Right now the answer looks like neither. And I'm beginning to think that any player is going to be dragged down going to the Ravens and our nonsensical offensive philosophies.

You gotta start putting that on the coaches.

If Roman isn't fired fire Harbaugh right along with him.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Huntley looked good to start then started doing the same poo poo Lamar has been doing all season. Right now the answer looks like neither. And I'm beginning to think that any player is going to be dragged down going to the Ravens and our nonsensical offensive philosophies.

You gotta start putting that on the coaches.

If Roman isn't fired fire Harbaugh right along with him.

Speaking of crazy are we still on the Huntley > Lamar train?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

Speaking of crazy are we still on the Huntley > Lamar train?

I was never on that train. I was on the Huntley should be given a chance train. And really what Huntley has done the last couple games is no different from how Lamar looked the whole 2nd half of the season.

I never at any point said that Huntley should be the starter over Lamar going forward. But it's possible both are just not the guy. But again look at my previous post. The Ravens drag players down at QB and WR.

I praised Huntley when he was playing well. Just like I praised Lamar when he was playing great early in the season. But I just didn't make excuses for how Lamar was looking in the latter part of the season. And still won't.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

I was never on that train. I was on the Huntley should be given a chance train. And really what Huntley has done the last couple games is no different from how Lamar looked the whole 2nd half of the season.

I never at any point said that Huntley should be the starter over Lamar going forward. But it's possible both are just not the guy. But again look at my previous post. The Ravens drag players down at QB and WR.

I praised Huntley when he was playing well. Just like I praised Lamar when he was playing great early in the season. But I just didn't make excuses for how Lamar was looking in the latter part of the season. And still won't.

I like it when he denies the point then goes on to suggest why the point was valid

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

I like it when he denies the point then goes on to suggest why the point was valid

??

I never said Huntley was better than Lamar, just acknowledged that he was able to look good with the exact same personnel that everyone said was impossible to look good with. But as time went on he adopted the exact same poor decision making Lamar did the entire year and became much worse. I put that primarily on the coaches.

We need to see a year of Lamar without Roman as OC to decide whether he is worth paying. I have hope he can rebound with a healthier team and better OC. But changes have to be made.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

??

I never said Huntley was better than Lamar, just acknowledged that he was able to look good with the exact same personnel that everyone said was impossible to look good with. But as time went on he adopted the exact same poor decision making Lamar did the entire year and became much worse. I put that primarily on the coaches.

We need to see a year of Lamar without Roman as OC to decide whether he is worth paying. I have hope he can rebound with a healthier team and better OC. But changes have to be made.

You said he was at least as good and wouldnt require a massive contract. Sounds like better to me.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the 25 y/o former mvp should be given one more chance without a horrible offensive coordinator and if the team can't stay healthy that time then you've got to cut bait

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
ravens denied us a two tie steelers franchise smdh bird status is on thin ice

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

You said he was at least as good and wouldnt require a massive contract. Sounds like better to me.

Oh ok so you're just allowed to put words in my mouth. Got it!

Yes, if the choice is between this season's Lamar with a huge contract or Huntley for cheap I'll take Huntley every single time.

But again we need to see another year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Oh ok so you're just allowed to put words in my mouth. Got it!

Yes, if the choice is between this season's Lamar with a huge contract or Huntley for cheap I'll take Huntley every single time.

But again we need to see another year.

That’s loving stupid, hth