Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gregday
May 23, 2003

max tito’s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

E Depois do Adeus posted:

Are we still hornyposting?

I like how the libs ran their own version of Kaylee Macenerny or whatever her name was this time around.

Pooper Hero
Sep 11, 2001
The costumed crapper
Is it still possible to get the Bluna Facefit? Seems sold out everywhere.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Lacrosse posted:

Well people in my zip code haven't gotten mail since Christmas so I assume these will show up around July

i got an email this morning that i'd be getting a flyer for the USPS's podcast in my mailbox today but it didn't arrive lol

mystes
May 31, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Lmao medicare is going to cover that six figure Alzheimer’s infusion that a. Doesn’t work and b. Causes encephalitis 1/3rd of the time.
Ugh why

one-time fee
Sep 29, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nothing at all, Pity Boner.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lmao everywhere is out of tests. Oh well

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
kids watching their parents and schools fanatically send them into the choatic plague schools

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Shear Modulus posted:

they'll attack him for doing things he isn't actually doing. they'll say that biden has been implementing draconian lockdowns, and closing schools, and running businesses out of business, and the democrats will say no we aren't, and to prove it we'll open up even harder (the republicans will still accuse them of closing down everything)

i know you're not american but don't you have conservatives there? this is what they do 100% of the time in every country where their opposition is liberals

The Tories are in power in my province and the Federal Tories have kept their heads down - culturally, they’re Laurentians too anyway. The Western Tories are doing what you say though, and picking fights with Ottawa.

You’re right though, that’s a pretty grim situation. This culture war poo poo is really burning me out, and I keep hoping that eventually the base of neoliberalism will finally give way so that there’s a superstructure that in some way resembles reality.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

gregday posted:

max tito’s

would recommend for screwdrivers

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

WSJ was one of the first big names to emphatically embrace the "let's kill old people for the sake of the economy" argument at the start of the pandemic, but they are too chickenshit to exclaim it outright so they promote their opinion pieces to do it for them instead. The apes pick up on it immediately and take it as a logical narrative that we've somehow missed when considering all of society's options. My dad's friend was one of the dumbasses convinced by that original WSJ piece written anonymously, despite him being exactly the kind of person they were hoping to murder off for their portfolios.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

overpaying for old people drugs is medicare's job

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
Can’t wait for the next variant which will surely be less contagious than Omicron, and even milder to boot

mystes
May 31, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Lmao medicare is going to cover that six figure Alzheimer’s infusion that a. Doesn’t work and b. Causes encephalitis 1/3rd of the time.
The nyt is saying they're only going to cover it for patients enrolled in trials

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Hey, the first ever article on Covid simulator!

https://kotaku.com/covid-simulator-is-so-well-made-it-s-a-little-depressin-1848341801

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

purposefully infecting people with covid is a smart idea bc you cant get reinfected

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Joementum posted:

i got an email this morning that i'd be getting a flyer for the USPS's podcast in my mailbox today but it didn't arrive lol

Informed Delivery emails include ads sometimes. I got the same ad. Didn't click thru though.

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Iron Crowned posted:

I like how the libs ran their own version of Kaylee Macenerny or whatever her name was this time around.

What would be beautiful would be if things were completely parallel to the y axis lmao and Psaki ended up giving Biden covid

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

badass

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

E Depois do Adeus posted:

Are we still hornyposting?

this bitch straight outta the x men movie

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
actually just the whole comic is better

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

nexous posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

why does she have an illuminated undercarriage?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

oh hell yeah

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

hey nice!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mystes posted:

The nyt is saying they're only going to cover it for patients enrolled in trials

Every single person with a horse poo poo diagnosis of dementia is going to try to get into a trial, and every drug company will have a similar drug/trial within a year.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Nocturtle posted:

Oooph Leonardi just saying what I've been increasingly thinking:
https://mobile.twitter.com/fitterhappierAJ/status/1481018537313542145

IMO your average respirator-wearing corsi-cube constructing air-pressure controlling thread reader will probably be fine living in a city highrise. However expecting children to practice perfect mask discipline every time they step out the door into a shared indoor space their entire childhood isn't realistic. Hate non-urban living for it's sociological and ecological implications, but cities don't work with serious airborne infectious diseases. Though if we're at the point where city living isn't viable then life is going to be rough wherever you live.

Interestingly addressing climate change would likely require ultra-dense sustainable cities. Probably just won't address that crisis either.

Still blows my mind we can catch dinosaur (bird) viruses.

the issue with both pandemics and climate change is neither ecology nor sociology, or that this kind of life or that sort of life isn't viable because of covid or climate change. it's that human life isn't viable anymore, because Capital is stopping us from addressing the threats.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

:smugdon:

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Congrats on the release btw

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Iron Crowned posted:

she worked for the state dept before and she dealt with Turkey, so unfortunately she is a familiar face with a long career in Washington.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

that's cool, kudos!!

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

:coronatoot:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Coldrice, you have to add p100 elastomerics as a variable into your game

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

well look at you Mr. Bigtime

I do sincerely hope you make tons of money on this
escape from this hell

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Shifty Nipples posted:

why does she have an illuminated undercarriage?

stealth camouflage??

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

congrats on being the first ever successful goon project

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Zodium posted:

the issue with both pandemics and climate change is neither ecology nor sociology, or that this kind of life or that sort of life isn't viable because of covid or climate change. it's that human life isn't viable anymore, because Capital is stopping us from addressing the threats.

I prefer to think of it as one virus versus another.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

holy poo poo

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

https://kotaku.com/covid-simulator-is-so-well-made-it-s-a-little-depressin-1848341801 posted:

And though only one person died in most of my antivax runs, one percent of the American population is still hundreds of thousands of people.

one percent of the American population is actually more than 3 million people

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Joementum posted:

congrats on being the first ever successful goon project

Benghazi ain’t going away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Google Butt posted:

Coldrice, you have to add p100 elastomerics as a variable into your game

he's already on it

Coldrice posted:

Just for respirator crew, adding the ability to wear cloth/n95/respirators!