Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
My name is CredulousAtBest. Glenn Greenwald constantly owning me has resulted in my prodromal schizophrenia, so please be polite when you deal with psychotic breaks and kindly nod to my unintelligible tripe.
its President de Santis

midterms gonna be loving brutal lmao

what an outrageous doomer statement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Coldrice posted:

That was the plan, but I didn't expect to get any articles until the game was about to launch tbh. I updated it JUST now. There is now a FREE version and PAID version. The level editor, twitch integration, CSV export, character naming, are now in the paid version (steam will only have a 4.99 paid version). I've also limited the demo to 6 mo in game time. I don't really want to STOP people from playing, but maybe incentivize buying it a little bit.

All good decisions.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

While the current wave may or may not have crested, I know the system cannot withstand many more of this kind of hit to the chin.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

Spent the first 6 days after I got it wondering if my blood was going to turn to pudding and then found out a few months later that it sucks poo poo without a boost.

the news kept saying it was the one for poor people (who couldn't be trusted to come back for the second shot) so i assumed it sucked

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Atoramos posted:

Coldrice, I agree with everyone else: charge 5bux for your game, put it on an early sale if you want. My game is f2p and I kinda regret it since it made us very little money (despite over 200k downloads). We just wanted the exposure though, and we got it. Went to Steam dev days and others knew of our game and we got drunk with the Vermintide devs. Chase the dream.

Achievements, cards, emotes are easy to make and add instant interest to your game. I don't know how this has changed since steam went to a point system but I assume its similar. Making your own emote everyone can then use on Steam is a feel-good experience.

Twitch integration was smart. Anything else you can do to improve gamer experience is a plus. Some things might not make sense for your title (unlockable content, online leaderboards and such) but looks like a great start.

Frequent updates generate a lot of press. Keep rolling out updates and dev posts to your game's community on Steam and it could keep the numbers rolling in.
Post-Covid/long covid could be a cool big update if it’s not in there

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Lacrosse posted:

I'm planning to throw my J&J vaccine card away and just pretend it never happened

your immune system has already been acting it like never happened

peepeepants
Oct 9, 2001

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

lol where've ya been?
https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1242245135129346050?s=20

Awesome! Congrats!

peepeepants fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jan 12, 2022

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Coldrice posted:

That was the plan, but I didn't expect to get any articles until the game was about to launch tbh. I updated it JUST now. There is now a FREE version and PAID version. The level editor, twitch integration, CSV export, character naming, are now in the paid version (steam will only have a 4.99 paid version). I've also limited the demo to 6 mo in game time. I don't really want to STOP people from playing, but maybe incentivize buying it a little bit.

Seems like a bad idea since COVID only lasted six months.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/SweeneyABC/status/1481063905292083201?t=jYhkZqTV1tomidaffXIHTA&s=19

Seems normal

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Iron Crowned posted:

Just hung this one up outside my cubicle

This owns btw

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Strep Vote posted:

My kid's croup is super bad rn. No results yet from pcr. Video appt with urgent care tmrw for the magic steroid pill that makes this cycle stop. I should be squatting rn but I'm kinda crying instead. Please pray for me, covid thread. Ed: ox is fine he's just very tired.

I’m very sorry, I went through this the last two months. Our youngest got croup in November then again December and I took him to the ER. Christmas Eve for the ‘roids. He’s been negative for COVID every time but he’s been coughing literally for two months now. He’s had some really bad coughing fits too that went on for a couple hours and nothing helped. We did the cold air, hot steam, humidifier treatments daily.

Finally last week I got him COVID tested so we could take him to his pediatrician who diagnosed him with a sinus infection and gave us amoxicillin. I’m hoping he’ll clear this nasal drip and get rid of his cough in the next couple of days because I hate hearing him cough and he’s sleeping horribly.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

tbf I haven't wondered that in a looooong time

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Shear Modulus posted:

the news kept saying it was the one for poor people (who couldn't be trusted to come back for the second shot) so i assumed it sucked

I got it because it was what was available at the time. It was better than nothing against wild type but J&J ain't poo poo now.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Oh it was on the ground, lame

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

he was upset about mask requirements. we need to get rid of the mandates to keep our planes safe

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

PerniciousKnid posted:

Seems like a bad idea since COVID only lasted six months.

yeah, definitely one of my more mild ideas

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

StratGoatCom posted:

While the current wave may or may not have crested, I know the system cannot withstand many more of this kind of hit to the chin.

sure it can. individual people and populations can't. the system can, and will limp along in perpetuity as long as rich people exist.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/Chalkbeat/status/1481059786703704064?s=20
The only two teachers they could find for voting yeah are a doctor from a STEM school and some fucko who wouldn't even put there name to their comments

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Atoramos posted:

Coldrice, I agree with everyone else: charge 5bux for your game, put it on an early sale if you want. My game is f2p and I kinda regret it since it made us very little money (despite over 200k downloads). We just wanted the exposure though, and we got it. Went to Steam dev days and others knew of our game and we got drunk with the Vermintide devs. Chase the dream.

Achievements, cards, emotes are easy to make and add instant interest to your game. I don't know how this has changed since steam went to a point system but I assume its similar. Making your own emote everyone can then use on Steam is a feel-good experience.

Twitch integration was smart. Anything else you can do to improve gamer experience is a plus. Some things might not make sense for your title (unlockable content, online leaderboards and such) but looks like a great start.

Frequent updates generate a lot of press. Keep rolling out updates and dev posts to your game's community on Steam and it could keep the numbers rolling in.

Can I vote the Covid sicko for an emote?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol that guy is gonna go to prison and also have to pay like 185 batrillion dollars for the damage he did to that aircraft

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

nexous posted:

lol what a fuckin joke

means testing and passive-aggressive red tape go brrrr

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

I have decided to get my second Pfizer shot since that J&J shot totally didn't happen and I completely forgot my second Pfizer shot oh no how could I be so scatterbrained! In order to avoid friction I'm looking for my second initial dose and not a booster, but I can't find any appointments before February except for a CVS over an hour away at 6am on a work day lol.

Can't get a test or a shot right now even if you wanted one. :newlol:

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Atoramos posted:

this is all really good advice. I wasn't sure if I was going to do achievements or cards or whatever, but I should probably hunker down for a few days and get them in

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Coldrice posted:

this is all really good advice. I wasn't sure if I was going to do achievements or cards or whatever, but I should probably hunker down for a few days and get them in

just think of it, a covid emote!

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

The county school board has decided to go to virtual schooling this Thursday and Friday due to the number of students and staff that have pozzed or been exposed.

I assume they are counting on the 3-day weekend coming up to clear up Covid once and for all, since it will make 5 days out of the building.

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
if you incorporate fridge credentials into the game somehow, i will buy it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if he is white he will be fine

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

crepeface posted:

taking something that was free and then changing your mind and charging for it afterwards usually doesn't work out well.

if you wanted the itch.io version to be nerfed put a big notice on it that says all future development is on the steam version

Goon project: suggest achievements/cards/emotes for Coldrice

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

just think of it, a covid emote!

now that would move some units

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

RC Cola posted:

Goon project: suggest achievements/cards/emotes for Coldrice

Covid-mas tree

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

weihua has a couple wierd posts but he mostly owns

it’s strange there isn’t more openly pro China people on Twitter

maybe China has its own social media idk. red bird or something

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
My aunt just told me we need to open up the economy, these lockdowns are ruining society!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

you need to make covid-themed steam profile goodies

profile background of a bunch of drifting viruses floating around
N95 avatar border

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

euphronius posted:

weihua has a couple wierd posts but he mostly owns

it’s strange there isn’t more openly pro China people on Twitter