Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Blaziken386 posted:

the most braindead loving administration to exist

https://twitter.com/AlexThomp/status/1481062484110983175

How can you live or work in DC and think that half the country won't wear a mask?? Almost everyone around here is compliant or willing to be compliant. At my store there is maybe 1 person out of 1000 that doesn't wear a mask, and when I tell them it's required.. they all get one. I've had maybe 2 people in the last few months get upset and leave, out of the tens of thousands of customers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

my wife wants to buy this for me for my classroom.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/st...d=air-purifiers

i have a corsi cube in my classroom, second one ive made, but she wants to get this for my desk.

is this good or is there a better alternative?

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

lol we beat the worst case scenario

hell yeah, love to exceed expectations

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Gio posted:

i have a corsi cube in my classroom, second one ive made, but she wants to get this for my desk.

If it has a true HEPA filter then yeah it'll work. Just let her buy it for you to make her happy than to haggle over the price of making a corsi cube yourself.

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Animal-Mother posted:

Anybody else just waiting for this poo poo to completely fall off a cliff so we don't have to do our dumb jobs like normal?

yes. 3/4 of my office is out sick and everyone else has at least one immediate family member sick.

i used my last rapid test yesterday and it was negative so at least there's that 🙃

one-time fee
Sep 29, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Maybe it's time to read it again

Then you are a braver man than me.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Gio posted:

These things are all about the same. Any of them with an actual HEPA filter will be fine. You won't push anywhere near as much air as a corsi cube and it's going to be louder, though.

Cock-mad Helen
Jan 11, 2022

mask

These people have zero experience with chronic illness/disability and it shows

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Animal-Mother posted:

Anybody else just waiting for this poo poo to completely fall off a cliff so we don't have to do our dumb jobs like normal?

My chef is adding goofy new poo poo to the menu like it's a regular day. We can't get random ingredients, trucks arrive late because they're running out of drivers, guys are coming to work sick until they literally can't get out of bed in the morning, our testing site might be out of tests, our quarantine dorm is double full, we hired less than a third of the student help we need, pork is illegal in California or something now, and this moron is adding deep dish pizza to my menu?

I'm WFH so until the internet collapses I'll still have to do my job while also managing virtual schooling. Not that I have it bad.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

silicone thrills posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one this happens to. The mask puts the fear of God into people.

Also holy gently caress im so excited for cold rice!

same and yeah, having people scatter and feel guilt/fear/anger at the mere sight of me stalking the halls has made the switch to elastometric gang all the more satisfying

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

She can still go out and get sushi in Florida if she wishes.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

So I guess Protectly took my money and ran. They have a message on their homepage saying they're out of stock but that all sales are final lol

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

hmm lets check if the virus cares what you want

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Fitzy Fitz posted:

So I guess Protectly took my money and ran. They have a message on their homepage saying they're out of stock but that all sales are final lol

What does that mean lol. Don't they have to actually sell you something.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

white women rock

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

We're two years into this and the media class is still trying to find a representative of the virus so they can deliver a letter of surrender.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

quote:

When I caught COVID at a completely legal restaurant dinner, I was surprised that I felt ashamed.

completely legal restaurant is a top tier username if it isn't too long.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Your crypt keeper rear end literally told me to Google where tests are and that the federal government won't be helping anyone. Why the gently caress should I believe that we're in this together?

one-time fee
Sep 29, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dammerung posted:

Darn it, I am on a deployment and it doesn't look like there's an e-book. I definitely am interested in checking it out, though!

Here you go, goon, but word to the wise, it is quite grim. https://archive.org/search.php?query=this%20way%20for%20the%20gas

one-time fee fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jan 12, 2022

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

The weed study is nearly a year old, why is everyone posting it again all of a sudden? Is it memory loss from weed or rona?

Gio posted:

i love the “we have no idea where we got covid from!” ppl.

when i visited a friend who caught covid november 2020 i got that exact line from him (for the second or third time). and without even prying much it was revealed they were going to multiple restaurants.

hmmm yeah its a loving mystery!!

It’s hard to know exactly where you got covid when you go to so many places full of covid tbf

Pair this with “we’ve done everything right!” Every person I know that caught covid and said this actually means “wore cloth masks to restaurants and parties” and it’s a mystery solved by looking at their social media.

euphronius posted:

they will eventually be reported because people need death certificates for life insurance claims, social security payouts, deed transfers etc

People can lie all they want about how their family members died and government can get as creative as they want with reporting but eventually all the bodies get counted. At least in the US your existence is tied to paperwork and that paperwork is going to get done. We’ve already seen this in the life insurance industry, who are not even a little bit fooled about how many people are dying and what they’re dying of.

Blaziken386 posted:

the most braindead loving administration to exist

https://twitter.com/AlexThomp/status/1481062484110983175

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Didn’t we find out itt that it’s actually because a bunch of high level people at the cdc think people are too stupid to wear an N95 and that actually useful masks are wasted on their dumb chud faces? Because I think that turned out to be the reason, that they’re super far up their asses and think we’re too dumb to live.

And maybe they’re not wrong but I think it’s bad health policy.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
they keep using this word "lockdown" but I'm trying to figure out what it's referencing

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
did i miss any updates on cato wife how did that end up working out, i just last page this thread usually

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Paradoxish posted:

D&D isn't normal and this thread actually underestimates the number of people who are taking COVID very seriously. It's still not a lot of people, but it's also not just this thread.

D&D is filled with well off white libs who have bought into the Party, of course they are going to spout the Party line

In addition, the media doesn't report on people taking Covid seriously anymore because the MSM line is that its just the flu, its "mild", get back to work, so any reports contrary are going to get squashed. This thread feels isolated because the propaganda machine wants to make everyone who takes Covid seriously feel isolated

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Deceptive Thinker posted:

they keep using this word "lockdown" but I'm trying to figure out what it's referencing

not going to restaurants for two months did immense psychological damage to about two-thirds of this country

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Animal-Mother posted:

I feel like we're already off the cliff, but it hasn't affected work at all. Our building is still packed with students who aren't wearing masks, but I have to go teach them every day. I'm not comfortable here, but most of my coworkers seem fine (I probably seem fine outwardly too, so maybe they're like me idk). "Bad, but act like it's fine" has been the name of the game for two years now.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

fits my needs posted:

did i miss any updates on cato wife how did that end up working out, i just last page this thread usually

drat forgot about cato wife

getting nostalgic for the early days of the pandemic

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lol just lol

lol just lol

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Thank you!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

completely legal restaurant is a top tier username if it isn't too long.

It’s like the statement about “free speech”: if the best defense a person has of an action is that it is not literally illegal, that is an indictment of the action.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Animal-Mother posted:

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Feldegast42 posted:

D&D is filled with well off white libs who have bought into the Party, of course they are going to spout the Party line

In addition, the media doesn't report on people taking Covid seriously anymore because the MSM line is that its just the flu, its "mild", get back to work, so any reports contrary are going to get squashed. This thread feels isolated because the propaganda machine wants to make everyone who takes Covid seriously feel isolated

yeah the propaganda machine working overtime makes you think no one but this thread cares about covid, but there are definitely people that still care. no theyre not cavers wearing elastomerics but they “care” and “take precautions.”

i guess what im saying is, no, not everyone outside this thread is monica gandhi or a d&d ghoul.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Louisgod posted:

can';t believe I woke up again and have to do this poo poo AGAIN

Another hellish day of existence on this cursed, disease-riddled planet

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Atrocious Joe posted:

Eli also reposted this video because he is so proud of it. It was not what I expected.
https://twitter.com/TheEliKlein/status/1427621633443995653?s=20

Holy poo poo that is comedyblissoption lmao

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
gotta say, biden twweeting about getting vaccinated finally got through to me, after all these months tweeting the same exact thing finally worked, I am going to go get the J & J shot

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

quote:

"Perhaps you think this is shallow. You are right! Life should be shallow sometimes. I used the first lockdown to create a perfect cross-stitch replica of Hokusai’s Great Wave Off Kanagawa, and the third to read and discuss several of Shakespeare’s history plays with like-minded friends on Zoom. I cannot honestly say whether these activities made me a better person.

None of these people ever say what they actually want which is: "I want to be able to go to restaurants and movies and whatever else I want to do without being reminded that I might be spreading a virus. It's inconvenient to me to be reminded that I might be doing something wrong, not because I care, but because the implication is that I should care, and that bothers me."

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Since Thanksgiving, 28 states have seen hospitalizations increase by over 100%

Since Christmas, 24 states have seen hospitalizations increase by over 75%

Since New Years, 22 states have seen hospitalizations increase by over 50%

In the past 5 days, 24 states have seen hospitalizations increase by over 10%

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

😡

booster

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Pillowpants posted:

Since Thanksgiving, 28 states have seen hospitalizations increase by over 100%

Since Christmas, 24 states have seen hospitalizations increase by over 75%

Since New Years, 22 states have seen hospitalizations increase by over 50%

In the past 5 days, 24 states have seen hospitalizations increase by over 10%

sure if you measure the pandemic in hospitalizations it's easy to make things look bad. try using spiderman ticket sales as a metric and get back to me.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Even this undersells it. You're going to work right through the collapse because you're never going to actually know when or if it's okay to stop paying your bills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

one-time fee
Sep 29, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can't remember if I posted this already, but the other day my boss asks me if I'd like to do a debrief on the pandemic sitrep, and how I think it will impact our requirements.

"Just go watch Faust in a theatre near you, it gets the gist and will be more entertaining than listening to me"

Not sure how many of these I can do before I finally overstep the line hahaha