Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

I recently started to re-read 2001: A Space Odyssey

Perhaps the most startling thing about it was that the story was precipitated by a quarantine in 2018 rumored to have been started by a bio-flu started by China....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Man Musk posted:

2001: A Space Odyssey

quote:

wait what

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Steve Yun posted:

hey was there ever confirmation that dogs can get COVID

I know the CDC is dangerously bad but they seem to think that yes, dogs can catch the corvid:

https://www.cdc.gov/healthypets/covid-19/pets.html

quote:

The virus that causes COVID-19 can spread from people to animals during close contact. Pets worldwide, including cats and dogs, have been infected with the virus that causes COVID-19, mostly after close contact with people with COVID-19.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Thinking about the period of the pandemic (~July 2021) where my colleague helpfully offered a solution via group email for people whose glasses were fogging from their masks:

Anti-fogging spray

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Steve Yun posted:

hey was there ever confirmation that dogs can get COVID

Dogs can get covid but kids can’t so it should be fine.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

if ur pets are fur babies they legally qualify as children and are immune to the covid

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b75EpoF1W88

Space quarantine is canon in 2018 +

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

tiberion02 posted:

do you remember, sometime in the middle of January 2020, the first time you curiously started to read a thread about some virus that was causing cities to go into lockdown? look at all we have done since then

Remember when China stopped sending us masks and then you saw a bunch of stories of ex-pats buying up all our masks and sending them back to China, lol that was a sign we should have paid more attention to in retrospect

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Got to be tough as nails to set up an interstellar water cooler in this world.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

it's mild!!!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

can't even buy booze without getting vaccinated !

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b75EpoF1W88&t=211s

Music to my ears :kiss:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

oh was it in the epilogue

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

crepeface posted:

can't even buy booze without getting vaccinated !

i'm kind of worried about what kind of impact it would have on hospitals to cut off all the antivax alcoholics, going cold turkey off of a wild turkey addiction can actually land you in some serious poo poo

edit: wait a minute all the hospitals are full already

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

yoloer420 posted:

After investigating this it appears that the 3M 7093 and the 3M 6035 are equivalent, they each have different labels/registrations based on regulatory requirements for different regions.

Could the OP be updated? It would be great to save people outside of the US some pain :)

Perhaps some region-specific purchasing information. For example in Australia the following companies are 3m-approved sellers:

ABL Distribution
Worksafe Gear
Southland Supplies
WINC

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

Very much so.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b75EpoF1W88

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

HiroProtagonist posted:

Y'all still fundamentally confusing control and mitigation measures in this thread i see, despite everything up to this point

Western liberalism may just actually be a contagion of its own

Acknowledging China may be in trouble as the situation worsens is still not equal to criticising China's efforts. I thought we went over this.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

I've had so many dreams that ended this way, Lol.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

blatman posted:

i'm kind of worried about what kind of impact it would have on hospitals to cut off all the antivax alcoholics, going cold turkey off of a wild turkey addiction can actually land you in some serious poo poo

edit: wait a minute all the hospitals are full already

Duterte imposed an alcohol ban during the 2020 lockdowns and there were isolated incidents of it turning ugly

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Can you actually die from the DT's or do you just wish you were dead?

e. you can die from this thing

Volcott fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jan 13, 2022

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
You can definitely die from DTs. Whether the risk of some antivaxxers dying from them is worth the risk of them spreading it at a bottleshop, I can't tell you. I can tell you an addict will do whatever they need to get their fix, consequences be damned.

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k

Volcott posted:

Can you actually die from the DT's or do you just wish you were dead?

if it's really bad it can definitely kill you

SARS-CoV-2, like capitalism, is a virus that spreads like wildfire. as history has shown, it's really difficult for single countries to withstand either, indefinitely, on their own

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Substandard posted:

https://twitter.com/SuzPerezICT/status/1481304870405779459?s=20

It's good we are keeping these kids in schools where they can get a top quality education and be totally safe from the pandemic.

cant they just wheel the tv on a stand up to the front of the room and pop in a bill nye tape? that's what they did when i was in school

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Man Musk posted:

I recently started to re-read 2001: A Space Odyssey

Perhaps the most startling thing about it was that the story was precipitated by a quarantine in 2018 rumored to have been started by a bio-flu started by China....

I love that book so much. I’ve been listening to a lot of sci-fi short stories and audiobooks because I usually think of sci fi as comfort food but boy howdy is it starting to stand out how many bleak apocalyptic sci fi stories are vastly optimistic when it comes to pandemic response.
:negative:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

its 2022 you don't even need to pick your own substitute teaching movie, just have everyone pick a semi-educational youtube video and watch all of them

crowdsourced teaching

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Hashy posted:

Thinking about the period of the pandemic (~July 2021) where my colleague helpfully offered a solution via group email for people whose glasses were fogging from their masks:

Anti-fogging spray

PFAs protect against COVID!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
There were already barely any qualifications needed to be a teacher in Arizona but there are "TEACHER FAIR" signs all over town.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's mild!!!

Researched by the CDC and publicized by them before being peer-reviewed hell yeah the science listeners are back

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

blatman posted:

its 2022 you don't even need to pick your own substitute teaching movie, just have everyone pick a semi-educational youtube video and watch all of them

crowdsourced teaching

:hmmyes:

everyone picks one from https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh_ugKacslKhsGGdXP0cRRA

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Naive 1960s era sci-fi writers thought we’d still be using landlines and vacuum tubes and America would put up a fight against a plague

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Aussie PM was warned that Australian supply chains would collapse if we opened er up back in October and did nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v0T9VjlLvI

"No one has a crystal ball on these things" lmao gently caress off

We're currently flying supplies everywhere because there aren't enough workers to do anything else. Covid positive people in basically every field are being forced to work.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's mild!!!

this is premium propaganda and cope even for the center for disease capitulation.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

Anna from Red Scare nearly died and developed a chronic autoimmune disorder, her infant was also hospitalized iirc, so chalk that down as a cautionary tale.

is that the lady who did the voice for klaasje in disco elysium

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I think one of my friends has this

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7052576446551756078

She got suicidal one night over it

zone
Dec 6, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Aussie PM was warned that Australian supply chains would collapse if we opened er up back in October and did nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v0T9VjlLvI

"No one has a crystal ball on these things" lmao gently caress off

We're currently flying supplies everywhere because there aren't enough workers to do anything else. Covid positive people in basically every field are being forced to work.

Someone should fling a crystal ball at his head, see how he likes it
:rubby:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Shear Modulus posted:

no the other lady who has a kid

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

this is unironically 1000% more effective at getting people to get them than the useless "get vaccinated!" biden tweets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Shear Modulus posted:

that's dasha who is also a moron but was smart enough to get vaccinated