Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wang Commander
Dec 27, 2003

by sebmojo

Delta got the 5 day quarantine rule put in to deliberately spread Omicron to help redeem their brand name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

today I realized that the gallon of whole milk I typically buy now costs $8.89.

lol, Lmao

Are you buying artisanal organic milk in Alaska?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Mr. Lobe posted:

Just got my dentec p100 without exhale valve. Pinches a bit on the bridge of my beaklike nose, but is reasonably easy to breathe in. Seems to seal fine even though I have a short beard. Going to see how people react in public. It's Seattle so freaks and weirdos are pretty normal around here though.

Shave

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Tjadeth posted:

I should have been bookmarking stuff from this thread instead of just absorbing it, it's so difficult to go back through and find the actual sources for things like studies of mask type effectiveness or those early chinese infection maps that highly implied aerosol spread. or secure-click cassandra. at least the virosol comic is in the op

I wish i had a proper doomer desk with all the relevant info printed, filed, and on a backup hard drive, and particularly alarming pictures/maps taped to the wall, imo

maybe it would be a substitute if there’s ever a covid-cspam.info ....

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
I swear there must be some loving coefficient somewhere in the hospitals that's like beds-per-staff-person and they just loving tweak that poo poo up by a fraction when it looks like they're getting low.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Fast Luck posted:

Say what you will about the guy, but Joe Biden in no way knows what he's doing.

ah gently caress nvm

and i thought i had a witty observation

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i found a 3 day bid on the dragon popcorn bucket on ebay. It's at $140 right now with 22 bids already so I imagine it was totally worth COVID for what the dragon popcorn bucket will attract

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
A bunch of local restaurants that stayed open during the thick of COVID are now temporarily closing due to staffing shortages. Hm.

CPU Abuser
Oct 3, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 66 days!

Tjadeth posted:

I should have been bookmarking stuff from this thread instead of just absorbing it, it's so difficult to go back through and find the actual sources for things like studies of mask type effectiveness or those early chinese infection maps that highly implied aerosol spread. or secure-click cassandra. at least the virosol comic is in the op

The idea isn't bad, but there's a downside.

I have been doing this.

And I've also been re-naming some of the bookmarks, the ones from SA, so the new titles give an idea of the contents.

But the sheer volume is mind boggling.

I really got rolling with this just after Omicron showed up.

By now, I've got two dozen folders, with 30-50 bookmarks each. :eyepop:

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

no lube so what posted:

My experience with charter schools comes from a Benjamin Franklin Charter Schools in Gilbert AZ. Hella similar. along with basically being a publicly funded mormon school, they did everything possible to get rid of any legit needs student. A sizable portion of the kids were on ADHD meds, so they all had 504s and that was how they could show they helped kids with needs.

Their big thing was land grift. State build, bought land, Charter School founder's second company bought it to lease back to the chartershool.

free real estate rent grift with a publicly financed religious school that could exclude undesirables.

they also refused to feed kids who couldn't afford food. gently caress up

Isn't the whole Mormon grift that you have to pay for everything yourself, while still giving them 10% of your income

I found out that volunteer missionaries have to save tens of thousands of dollars for their own flights/room/board, which is loving insane

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

euphronius posted:

boy that’s a bad name

sorry to all the other neveahs

Hello I’m here for my sec- I mean my first booster

My name? Neveah Ben Beaustid

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

PerniciousKnid posted:

A bunch of local restaurants that stayed open during the thick of COVID are now temporarily closing due to staffing shortages. Hm.

staffing shortages = Not willing to compete in terms of basic compensation like $$$

I remember reading a article on WTOP on how some local "farm to table" hipster restaurant owners admitted the whole industry is
based around on a "churn + burn" business model for employees.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Latest Weeds episode is about the 1918 flu pandemic. Interesting and some very slightly positive (?) things learned like that flu also had clear "long flu" effects and relatively frequent autoiummne reactions, maybe that's just a thing with all viral diseases and covid isn't especially bad. But he also said at the end NPIs can't be sustained and it'll probably just evolve to be mild, so lol

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...kEegQIAhAF&ep=6

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

NeonPunk posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/KindAndUnblind/status/1482031279017189379

I kinda got the feeling that those goons who jumped on my anecdote that it's Delta > Omicron is wrong.

Where are the natural immunity fuckfaces now?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm trying out some techniques my therapist is giving me.

https://twitter.com/ToonyGoons/status/1482099078808981509

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Stupid Boxes posted:

I don’t know if y’all have partied with furies but they’re a pretty fun bunch.

:hai:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

enjoyable twist at the end. pretty hosed up and incredibly stupid.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Every home in the U.S. will be able to order 4 free COVID tests from January 19. There are no shipping costs. Orders can be placed at https://www.google.com

l

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

McNugget Buddy posted:

Isn't the whole Mormon grift that you have to pay for everything yourself, while still giving them 10% of your income

I found out that volunteer missionaries have to save tens of thousands of dollars for their own flights/room/board, which is loving insane

a couple years ago it came out that the mormon church has at least $100 billion stashed away. by some accounts it is wealthier than the catholic church (i think if you don't include the catholic church's non-liquid assets like old buildings eg the sistine chapel or religious artifacts).

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
wait are the 4 COVID tests limited by shipping address? so my rooommate who does not work from home can order 4 and then I can't order any?

lmao

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

hopefully if i feed enough birds in my work’s outdoor break area no one else will want to come out here for lunch

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Glumwheels posted:

Still screaming about natural immunity

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

a couple years ago it came out that the mormon church has at least $100 billion stashed away. by some accounts it is wealthier than the catholic church if you don't include the catholic church's non-liquid assets like old buildings eg the sistine chapel or religious artifacts.

Having a tithe system and also a religion of constant joyless loving must be a $$$ goldmine.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

“It’s all mass hysteria” I scream into the endless void while nothing is closed, shutdown or locked down and everything is open Biden.

What a handful of schools across the country are closed due to mass outbreaks, isn’t this what they want? What about “protecting the vulnerable” and the concerns of kids who don’t want to get COVID in school and then kill the grandparents they live with?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Airborne, superantigenic, rapidly mutating coronavirus with major original antigenic sin problems targets surface receptors involved with regulating the harmful effects of inflammation that not only targets critical tissues throughout the body, but also depletes naive T cells, induces autoimmune overreaction in nerve tissue, and may be killing T cells more efficiently than HIV.

So, in other words, Open Biden.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1482100977322930176?s=21

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Penisaurus Sex posted:

It's really obvious there was no plan for tests or masks even a month ago, right?

This is all very clearly just Biden saying something and then his admin scrambling and trying to make it happen (by building a lovely website and intercepting some quantity of tests, buying them, and then relabeling them and sending them out)

it's not just me, is it?

Every single time it’s because Biden is flinching because of bad press

Psaki cracks sarcastic about sending everyone free tests, internet makes fun of Biden, suddenly everyone gets promised free tests

CDC declines to recommend N95s, White House gets advised not to mail everyone free masks, everyone complains on internet. Bernie introduces bill to send everyone N95s. Suddenly Biden gets a fire under his rear end about mailing out masks.

The point is, keep bullying Biden online. Bullying works.

Be Best.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
https://twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1482016045401583619?t=3TPE88NGGZeefUxMDJ-5pg&s=19

Chen is a king

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

CPU Abuser posted:

The idea isn't bad, but there's a downside.

I have been doing this.

And I've also been re-naming some of the bookmarks, the ones from SA, so the new titles give an idea of the contents.

But the sheer volume is mind boggling.

I really got rolling with this just after Omicron showed up.

By now, I've got two dozen folders, with 30-50 bookmarks each. :eyepop:

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Potato Salad posted:

MILD Airborne, superantigenic, rapidly mutating coronavirus with major original antigenic sin problems targets surface receptors involved with regulating the harmful effects of inflammation that not only targets critical tissues throughout the body, but also depletes naive T cells, induces autoimmune overreaction in nerve tissue, and may be killing T cells more efficiently than HIV.

So, in other words, Open Biden.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Glumwheels posted:

"Well you fell for, the first option presented for no aaaaactiion.
You couldn't see it so you, could not believe it
Since your lungs cramping up have been swollen and sore
Your t-cells back then, just don't work anymore
You called up the White House, to throw you a bone
When you felt abandoned, when you felt alone
When you felt aloooooone"

original lyrics from The Hotelier - In Framing

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Their beers are good

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAUY1J8KizU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

*Excess deaths hitting 1.2 million. The next million deaths will go faster then the first.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

My apologies, Abuela-Senpai. I owe you brunch.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

lol lmao

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

You know as good as his burns are and as much as the US deserves to be clowned on I'm finding this less and less funny as the walls close in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/Andre__Damon/status/1482069977826009092
covid's over on feb 2